The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

On 6/6/2019 at 11:01 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

THREAD ... (could be in the media thread as well I guess)

Related: https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/284875/americas-white-saviors

Wonder if that's related to commercials that show inter-racial relationships. Used to never see one, then in the last two years it's like someone passed a law that every commercial must show one. Don't really care, and personally think by and large inter-racial relationships are a positive, but it's hard not to notice.

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Google concerns me.  They have such control over what pops up on their searches.  They say they use algorithms but what is the real "real secret sauce" they use to determine what information they provide.  

the Jimi Hendrix Estate has some fine controls on content on youtube, good for it.

3 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Wonder if that's related to commercials that show inter-racial relationships. Used to never see one, then in the last two years it's like someone passed a law that every commercial must show one. Don't really care, and personally think by and large inter-racial relationships are a positive, but it's hard not to notice.

I started a thread on this some time back. The point wasn't that there was anything wrong with it but that it was widespread, and for what reason?

4 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I started a thread on this some time back. The point wasn't that there was anything wrong with it but that it was widespread, and for what reason?

Conditioning/programming. 

Image result for obey gif

It's not an accident. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Another thing constantly being pushed in commercials and tv shows: women wearing hijabs. 

i do not know if anyone has been following the Gibson Bakery trial, but legal insurrection has all the details (they has someone reporting throughout the trial).

Anyhoooo jury found for the bakery and against the college to the tune of $11M. 

</snip>

According to our reporter in the Courtroom, the jury awarded $11 million. Here are the details: Allyn W. Gibson awarded $3 million, David Gibson $5.8 million, Gibson Bros. $2,274,500. Next Tuesday there will be a separate punitive damages which could be a double award (meaning tripling the $11 million to $33 million).

</snip>

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

i do not know if anyone has been following the Gibson Bakery trial, but legal insurrection has all the details (they has someone reporting throughout the trial).

</snip>

According to our reporter in the Courtroom, the jury awarded $11 million. Here are the details: Allyn W. Gibson awarded $3 million, David Gibson $5.8 million, Gibson Bros. $2,274,500. Next Tuesday there will be a separate punitive damages which could be a double award (meaning tripling the $11 million to $33 million).

</snip>

Wow, that Dean is an entitled, arrogant piece of schiff.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

</snip>

</snip>

"A victory for white supremacists!  What's happening to my country?  #antifa"

I know that tweet is coming.  Haven't seen it yet, but it's coming.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This reminded me of a tweet I saw a few weeks back.

59946560_2764381700270679_79972569021803

Dads and men have been idiots on commercials and TV shows for a long time dating back at least 20 years. Can't speak to Netflix specifically cuz I don't watch it.

At least part of it can be explained by women still making a wide majority of buying decisions.  Follow the money.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Dads and men have been idiots on commercials and TV shows for a long time dating back at least 20 years. Can't speak to Netflix specifically cuz I don't watch it.

At least part of it can be explained by women still making a wide majority of buying decisions.  Follow the money.

It's usually the cool black guy with the dorkish white guy.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's usually the cool black guy with the dorkish white guy.

I’ve been the dorkish white guy in the passenger seat, who has eliminated a lot of trouble from the police and customs, by quietly explaining how my driving friend is correct

See Chris Rock’s how now to get your ass kicked by the police...

Your Sunday Clarice......................

Arrogant Conceit and Pratfalls

American Thinker, by Clarice Feldman

Original Article

The Greeks used the word “hubris” to describe excessive arrogance and conceit. And they were wise to the fact that it leads to downfalls. Any doubt about that was surely erased by the week’s news where an Ohio jury and an incredibly hardworking, well-organized strategist -- the President -- put some arrogant prima donnas in their place. Oberlin and Gibson’s Bakery and Identity Politics

• Thank you (+1) 1