The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Of Course....................

“The Aladdin myth is rooted by racism, Orientalism and Islamophobia."

The "Alladin myth" is a story from Tales of A Thousand and One Nights, one of the great works (perhaps the greatest) of Arabian and Islamic literature.

Does CAIR know anything about Islamic culture?  :wallbash:

• Like (+1) 2

From Kurt Schlichter of Townhall

By creating a social movement that erases the difference between men and women, and which forces people to become complicit in the lie that men can morph into women and vice versa, the liberal elite seeks to do what it always does.

It seeks to increase its power by diminishing your autonomy. Today, you can’t speak the truth about gender. Tomorrow it will be some other truth that you are forbidden to utter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not a perfect fit, but I couldn’t find a more appropriate thread, and didn’t think this deserved it’s own:

They aren't even trying to hide who they are anymore.

raised-fists.jpg

A lovely read for sure! 

On May 21, 2019 at 9:37 AM, B-Man said:

The War on History Comes for George Washington

by Jarrett Stepman

Original Article

They finally came for George Washington. The perpetual war on history now has the father of our country in its sights as the San Francisco Board of Education considers removing a mural of Washington from a local school. If the board succeeds in politicizing Washington, whose legacy was once so secured and uniting that his home at Mount Vernon was considered neutral ground during the Civil War, then we have clearly crossed the Rubicon of social division. 

LEFTISTS ALWAYS WANT TO SILENCE THEIR CLASS ENEMIES. ONLY THE EXCUSES AND METHODS CHANGE. 

To Fight ‘Extremism,’ Journalists Are Praising Online Censorship.

Now Dan Snyder has twice as much pressure on him.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Gillette Releases Its First Trans Commercial: A Proud Father Helps His Daughter Shave Her Beard. 

This will win ad awards, but it won’t sell any razors.

Which is okay, because Gillette is just one of many institutions run by people who care more about the approval of their peers than about doing their actual jobs.

so she can buy the man's razor for a fraction of the cost of the women's on the market?

ROGER SIMON: No Heroes Left — the MLK Revelations.

Is the moral of it all the danger of having heroes?   They will betray us in the end.  That other great paragon on non-violence–Gandhi–had his issues.

At the beginning of this piece, I called these revelations disturbing.  They were more than that for me. I spent the summer of 1966  as a civil rights worker in Sumter, South Carolina living in a rooming house owned by MLK’s cousin, the local mortician. I never met King personally, although I met several family members and saw him speak twice.  He was certainly a hero to me then, probably more than anyone in our history, sad as that is to think now.  He still is for what he believed then and did then, but not for what he was.  Maybe  I should leave it there.

It’s the old Shakespearean dichotomy between the doer and the deed.

“I hope Dr. King remains celebrated; I also hope that his sexual behavior (again, assuming this story is true) is not forgotten.

And in the future, when someone on the Left advocates the abolition of Columbus Day, or the taking down of monuments to Washington or Jefferson or many less well-known figures, I hope that people bring up Dr. King, NOT in the spirit of ‘Whataboutism’, but in order to remind them that there is no incompatibility between celebrating the achievements of people in the past and acknowledging that those people had – as we all do – major flaws.”

My own feelings on the subject are that, while MLK's philandering was fairly well known, I hope that many of the FBI files being dragged out now are false and/or exaggerated.

It's not like recent history hasn't shown us that some FBI staffers are more than willing to make stuff up about their 'enemies'

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's not like recent history hasn't shown us that some FBI staffers are more than willing to make stuff up about their 'enemies'

no..... the media and Dems since November 2016 tell us all the time the FBI/CIA/alphabet deep state are 100% pure and holy in EVERYTHING they do....

#TIMESUP:

Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Turn. 

“None of this is particularly surprising in view of what already was known, but King obviously could not survive a ‘me too’ retrospective. On the whole, this is probably for the best. Leftists are determined to show that all of our other heroes had feet of clay, so King–the closest person we have to a secular saint–may as well join them.”

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

#TIMESUP:

Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Turn. 

“None of this is particularly surprising in view of what already was known, but King obviously could not survive a ‘me too’ retrospective. On the whole, this is probably for the best. Leftists are determined to show that all of our other heroes had feet of clay, so King–the closest person we have to a secular saint–may as well join them.”

admitting feet of clay is one thing

angrily calling them to be "skinned alive" in person or reputation is quite another thing

as a conservative i don't care if MLK wandered, read his bio and see what he had to accomplish by the very early age he was murdered

• Like (+1) 1