The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, uh-huh, okay, sure.

Stop.  Just !@#$ing stop!!   

“Even though minorities are contributing less to the overall problem of air pollution, they are affected by it more,” said study co-author Jason Hill, an engineering professor at the University of Minnesota, who is white.

Well then that changes the whole thing.  

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, uh-huh, okay, sure.

What the *****? Air is now racist, and Whitey's fault?

These people have gone far beyond full re.tard at this point, into some form of quantum re.tardation.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

What the *****? Air is now racist, and Whitey's fault?

These people have gone far beyond full re.tard at this point, into some form of quantum re.tardation.

Is "######" censored now?

Well ***** me, it is.  That's ######ed.  Let's just censor everything, why don't we?

How about tard?  Is that censored?

Thang God, no.  We can still discuss tardigrades.  We just can't discuss Josh Allen's growth being ######ed by a porous OL, 

Edited by DC Tom

57 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is "######" censored now?

Well ***** me, it is.  That's ######ed.  Let's just censor everything, why don't we?

How about tard?  Is that censored?

Thang God, no.  We can still discuss tardigrades.  We just can't discuss Josh Allen's growth being ######ed by a porous OL, 

I have a running thread for this, added your example:

https://reason.com/blog/2019/03/12/sarah-lawrence-college-abrams-demands

A group of activist students at Sarah Lawrence College calling themselves the Diaspora Coalition have released a long list of demands after occupying the campus's main administrative building for 24 hours.

One of these demands concerns Samuel Abrams, a tenured professor of politics. Abrams is conservative-leaning, and has complained about the ideological bias of leftist administrators in a New York Times op-ed. Last November, his office door was vandalized by unknown persons who wanted him to apologize to marginalized students and quit the college.

The list of demands is insane, which is actually par for the course at this point. Here is a snip from the outrageously offensive oped that triggered them.

This warped ideological distribution among college administrators should give our students and their families pause. To students who are in their first semester at school, I urge you not to accept unthinkingly what your campus administrators are telling you. Their ideological imbalance, coupled with their agenda-setting power, threatens the free and open exchange of ideas, which is precisely what we need to protect in higher education in these politically polarized times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/opinion/liberal-college-administrators.html

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

you wouldn't think, that in America, you would need an EO enforcing free speech. yet... here we are.

?

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1108833896253186048

Trump signs executive order to promote free speech on college campuses

... A senior administration official said the order directs 12 grant-making agencies to use their authority in coordination with the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to ensure institutions that receive federal research or education grants promote free speech and free inquiry. White House officials have said it will apply to more than $35 billion in grants.

Public universities seeking funding would have to certify they comply with the First Amendment, which already applies to them. Private universities, which have more flexibility in limiting speech, would need to commit to their own institutional rules. ...

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you wouldn't think, that in America, you would need an EO enforcing free speech. yet... here we are.

?

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1108833896253186048

Trump signs executive order to promote free speech on college campuses

... A senior administration official said the order directs 12 grant-making agencies to use their authority in coordination with the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to ensure institutions that receive federal research or education grants promote free speech and free inquiry. White House officials have said it will apply to more than $35 billion in grants.

Public universities seeking funding would have to certify they comply with the First Amendment, which already applies to them. Private universities, which have more flexibility in limiting speech, would need to commit to their own institutional rules. ...

Oh, their talking-point-approved narrative is that Trump is an idiot for pretending he invented free speech, and that they can't possibly imagine what anyone is talking about - universities are all about freedom of expression.

Kind of a dipschiff double-whammy: Trump's dumb because we're playing dumb.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/22/2019 at 4:20 PM, DC Tom said:

CNN BREAKING NEWS: SPLC classifies yawning as hate speech.  

On 3/22/2019 at 4:25 PM, row_33 said:

try not to yawn...

image.png.6b1f9a4c8d76e15c3f9daceeea6d9cc1.png

Black, White, Brown, Yellow, Red, Gay, Straight, Trans, ***** (really, qu33r is censored :huh:), Republican, Democrat, Capitalist, Communist

Show me somebody who doesn't think yawning puppies are adorable and I will show you somebody who deserves to be shot

Edited by /dev/null
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Black, White, Brown, Yellow, Red, Gay, Straight, Trans, ***** (really, qu33r is censored :huh:), Republican, Democrat, Capitalist, Communist

Show me somebody who doesn't think yawning puppies are adorable and I will show you somebody who deserves to be shot

***** is censored? Well that's just *****.  Yes I'm old enough to remember when ***** meant strange and gay meant happy.  Ok ok maybe not that old but still.........