The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What, fool them with a cucumber?

They love cukes. Cukes never make them sleep on the wet spot. :ph34r:

Told to my by a ***** I happen to know. 

WTF d yke is filtered? Damn glad I didn’t say diesel *****. 

Edited by Nanker

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

They love cukes. Cukes never make them sleep on the wet spot. :ph34r:

Told to my by a ***** I happen to know. 

WTF d yke is filtered? Damn glad I didn’t say diesel *****. 

***** #### ***** ***** ####### ***** ***** B word kyke *****

Wow. Moderators are anti Semites. They don't filter kyke!

Edited by Boyst62
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gillette taking heat for their toxic masculinity ad... PETA says, "hold my beer". 

WTF is this? :lol: 

The Gillette ad is insulting. I give PETA an A for creativity, but we’re going to have to set aside millions for self esteem therapy for vegans.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm becoming more and more sure every day that Trigglypuff was put in charge of the bad word filter.

I was goddamned surprised the other day to see "*****" filtered.

That filtered phrase being the words "god" and "damn" in sequence, separated by a space.

Edited by DC Tom

4 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

In fact, most of his soldiers fought for him because he was gay. His second in command was also likely gay. Named Gilletto of Macedon, he often referred to Alexander as "the best a man could get."

True story.

Don't forget Biggus Dickus

DELIBERATELY MISSING THE POINT: 

Reason: The Gillette Ad Tells Men Not to Hurt People. Why Is This Offensive?

“Yes, the ad invokes ‘toxic masculinity,’ an ill-defined concept sometimes deployed by the campus left in overbroad ways. But most of the ad depicts men deciding not to bully each other, harass women, or commit violence. Are these really ‘leftist social priorities’? Do conservatives really wish to portray them as such?”

Now try this: Ad tells black people not to steal. Why is this offensive?

Or maybe: Ad tells women not to lie. Why is this offensive?

Or, so that the Reason folks will really get it: Ad tells pot smokers not to become drug-crazed mass killers. Why is this offensive?

But I think the reason that this really struck a nerve is this: Men are used to being treated badly on TV shows and in ads, because women control most discretionary spending. But now men are even being treated badly in ads for the products they themselves buy. Advertisers thinking they can get away with that is a pretty open expression of contempt. And the contempt is being returned.

SHOCKER: Surprise: Genius behind man-hating Gillette ad is a radical feminist.

Carpentered by Grey Advertising for Proctor and Gamble’s razors company, it does not detail product attributes, encourage brand loyalty, instill warm feelings in buyers, or even show basic respect for consumers. Instead, the grimly lecturing spot declares masculinity itself toxic, a peril to decent society.

“Is this the best a man can get? Is it?” asks the painfully serious narrator, as a wrongdoing slideshow passes by. “We can’t hide from it. It’s been going on far too long. We can’t laugh it off, making the same old excuses.”

“I guess the guy at the ad agency missed the lesson about not taking a dump on the people you want to buy your stuff,” cracked comedian Steven Crowder.

“The guy at the ad agency” is actually philosophically unpleasant feminist Kim Gehrig. Hiring her to court the male market is like expecting to accrue impressive rainbow flag sale numbers with spiels from Farrakhan.

Harsh but fair. Plus:

Gehrig’s new Gillette effort states her bias boldly by intercutting allusions to abusive acts with images of romantic heterosexuality.

A black-and-white cartoon scene that flashes past shows men whistling at a woman. In another scant bit, a guy sees a pretty female pedestrian. He steps after her but is restrained by a companion. “Not cool,” the restrainer admonishes.

Expressions of attraction and related pursuits are natural. They lead to humans reproducing – which is how Gehrig got here, though she might be horrified to learn that.

Adweek pronounced Gehrig’s group libel the “Ad of the Week.” Gehrig’s efforts were also recognized by Best Ads on TV.

Therein lies an issue worth note. Fox News host Greg Gutfeld tweeted: “the only ones lauding the Gillette ad work in media/advertising. everyone else sees it for what it is: a smarmy, condescending virtue signal aimed at the hardworking decent men they have been price-gouging for years.”

At this writing, Gillette’s YouTube posting of “We Believe” has received 40,000 “thumbs down” votes and only 4,300 positive ratings.

As I said yesterday, this is another example of how the people running American institutions now tend to perform for an audience of their peers rather than focus on doing their jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

Thumbnail

'The look of awe, even disbelief, in their eyes was astonishing’: SIX HUNDRED men turn up to stand in for absent fathers at Texas school’s Breakfast with Dads event after faculty asked for just 50 volunteers

• This heartwarming act of kindness took place at the Billy Earl Dade Middle School in Dallas on December 14 
  • About 90 per cent of the school's students come from low-income families, according to school officials   
  • Advocates for the school created the 'Breakfast with Dads' event for their students, the first of its kind  
  • But they were concerned many of their 150 students who signed up would be without a father during program
  • After calling for volunteers on Facebook and Twitter, 600 men showed up to the event to support the students

jK2lzOr1JI74LcPuKv0F78nsPsyH7yvbpS0PUKbP

THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT CALLS FOR A FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS INVESTIGATION:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-16-at-22.48.44-600x4

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON ON P.C. CULTURE: A License To Hate.

.es5a1sutiua21.png

59a4d8e46eac40d82b8b4b78-960-720.jpg................Thumbnail

Not where to put this. Had to present at a sales strategy session early this morning...about 100 people. Apparently someone used the term “Black Swan” in yesterdays session to refer to an event considered an anomaly in our business. We were warned not to use the term (not that I was planning to) as some had complained it was racially insensitive. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Not where to put this. Had to present at a sales strategy session early this morning...about 100 people. Apparently someone used the term “Black Swan” in yesterdays session to refer to an event considered an anomaly in our business. We were warned not to use the term (not that I was planning to) as some had complained it was racially insensitive. 

That's so sad it's funny. :beer: