The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

Seems appropriate. I mean, they weren't terrorists, they were Libyans taken in by a con man that sold them pinball machine parts, and were only trying to get their property back.

The Libyans were the real victims in that movie.

Sounds eerily like OJ's motive in Vegas. :ph34r:

Does this mean that bakers can refuse to bake wedding cakes for gays who voted for Clinton?

Still waiting for them to take this stunt to a very pious Islamic bakery.

CIS-PRIVILEGED TRANSPHOBIC BIGOTS! Women-only ‘full nudity’ spa’s ‘no male genitals’ rule ignites transgender debate.

Look, penises are only “male genitals” if they’re attached to someone who identifies as male.

If they’re attached to someone who identifies as female, they’re female genitals. I hope these bigots get put out of business.

Next they’ll want to keep women with penises out of the women’s bathroom.

Bigoted women who want to be naked but not be with people with penises should just keep their clothes on and stew in their own bigotry at home.

CIS-PRIVILEGED TRANSPHOBIC BIGOTS! Women-only ‘full nudity’ spa’s ‘no male genitals’ rule ignites transgender debate.

Look, penises are only “male genitals” if they’re attached to someone who identifies as male.

If they’re attached to someone who identifies as female, they’re female genitals. I hope these bigots get put out of business.

Bigoted women who want to be naked but not be with people with penises should just keep their clothes on and stew in their own bigotry at home.

That is !@#$ing insane.

Hahaha - you said "put out".

This was from the Julius Caesar play with Trump as Caesar... He Godwins his own protest.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/875884114280423428/video/1

I may be missing something here, but to "Godwin" something is to invoke Hitler. This guy and his stage-invading accomplice seem to be drawing a parallel between the production's choice to represent Caesar as Trump and something typical of the Goebbels propaganda machine.

If that's the case, then I have to agree with the protestors.

I may be missing something here, but to "Godwin" something is to invoke Hitler. This guy and his stage-invading accomplice seem to be drawing a parallel between the production's choice to represent Caesar as Trump and something typical of the Goebbels propaganda machine.

If that's the case, then I have to agree with the protestors.

First off, the majority of Americans pry see the assassination of Trump on stage as an outrage and immediately condemns it as in poor taste. However, if you dig a little deeper Julius Caesar was a "populist" who was a military genius who earned the love of the people which led him to power (where he was an authoritarian figure) that ultimately got him killed by the rich establishment elites (the Senate). The unexpected result of them assassinating Caesar was Mark Antony lead the people of Rome to revolt and most of the Senators were killed as the lower and middle class started a Civil War.

Long story short, the main take away I've always gotten out of this play is violence is not the answer when a hero of the common people comes along to threaten an oligarchy. I think I heard somewhere they did the same play with Obama being depicted as being "Julius Caesar" when he was president so perhaps this is an over reaction by a lot of people. I find it a very thought provoking play and these two protesters are idiots.

Goddamnit when did the right wing become anti-free speech? Politics is in a worse state than ever. Ann Coulter speaking at Berkeley isn't wrong, neither is burning an Obama doll in effigy, neither is Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trumo head, neither is a Julius Caesar production with Trump as Caesar. Everyone is so touchy now. We forget how lucky we are that we can say or depict any message we want without being thrown into a dark cell and tortured. That right should be celebrated.

Goddamnit when did the right wing become anti-free speech? Politics is in a worse state than ever. Ann Coulter speaking at Berkeley isn't wrong, neither is burning an Obama doll in effigy, neither is Kathy Griffin holding a severed Trumo head, neither is a Julius Caesar production with Trump as Caesar. Everyone is so touchy now. We forget how lucky we are that we can say or depict any message we want without being thrown into a dark cell and tortured. That right should be celebrated.

True, but try saying something negative about a muslim or black.

See where THAT gets you. The right's reaction to leftist lunacy is just that, a reaction.

First off, the majority of Americans pry see the assassination of Trump on stage as an outrage and immediately condemns it as in poor taste. However, if you dig a little deeper Julius Caesar was a "populist" who was a military genius who earned the love of the people which led him to power (where he was an authoritarian figure) that ultimately got him killed by the rich establishment elites (the Senate). The unexpected result of them assassinating Caesar was Mark Antony lead the people of Rome to revolt and most of the Senators were killed as the lower and middle class started a Civil War.

Long story short, the main take away I've always gotten out of this play is violence is not the answer when a hero of the common people comes along to threaten an oligarchy. I think I heard somewhere they did the same play with Obama being depicted as being "Julius Caesar" when he was president so perhaps this is an over reaction by a lot of people. I find it a very thought provoking play and these two protesters are idiots.

You can pretend that there was no intent behind making the Caesar character look like Trump, but if you do, you should probably refrain from calling others "idiots".

Freedom of expression isn't about accepting other peoples' actions without taking offense, it's about being free to express yourself without government reproach.