If McCown Chooses the Bills Over the Browns...

Tenhigh

I was getting tired of the same old arguments about Whaley being a bad GM, which evil mastermind was responsible for the evil drafting EJ or how Rex is forcing his turrible scheme on the greatest defense on the planet, so I started to read some news from around the NFL. NFL.COM has an article about whether or not the Browns should start Johnny Football this week, and it got me wondering. What would it look like if McCown took the Bills offer over that of the Browns?

Do we even sign Taylor?

If so, who wins the training camp battle?

Where would this team be right now?

Is EJ even still a Bill?

Any other thoughts?

Is Cassel still in football? Is he a Brown?

Or would we rather talk about how many draft picks given up to take Sammy (I say 7.96)?

JMO

I do think we would have signed TT (McCown would have been in Cassel's place)

Hard to say who would have won the TC battle. McCown didn't look good in TC. Was better in season actually.

EJ would still be here

Unsure if we would have traded McCown to Dallas, but there's a chance. If not I think we would have beaten the Jags if he played but not Cincy.

McCown > Cassel IMO but very injury prone.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I was getting tired of the same old arguments about Whaley being a bad GM, which evil mastermind was responsible for the evil drafting EJ or how Rex is forcing his turrible scheme on the greatest defense on the planet, so I started to read some news from around the NFL. NFL.COM has an article about whether or not the Browns should start Johnny Football this week, and it got me wondering. What would it look like if McCown took the Bills offer over that of the Browns?

Do we even sign Taylor?

If so, who wins the training camp battle?

Where would this team be right now?

Is EJ even still a Bill?

Any other thoughts?

Is Cassel still in football? Is he a Brown?

Or would we rather talk about how many draft picks given up to take Sammy (I say 7.96)?

Yes, we still sign Taylor. They had no idea what EJ would be like, just wanted one veteran in like Cassell, McCown was coming off a terrible year and was not going to be named starter, still would have signed Taylor.

Taylor beats McCown out. Taylor was the same in preseason as he has been in regular season. Very accurate, great running, showed command of the offense. McCown likely would have shown more than Cassell because of the bigger arm but isn't as efficient. Coaches saw extra dimension Taylor brings. I think Taylor beats him out.

EJ is probably still a Bill and they keep three. They got rid of Cassell the first time because it saved them money. It would not save them money to get rid of EJ.

Cassell would be signed by someone to be their backup.

Prob go 1-1 when TT got hurt.

Unless we traded him to the Cowgirls

Yes, we still sign Taylor. They had no idea what EJ would be like, just wanted one veteran in like Cassell, McCown was coming off a terrible year and was not going to be named starter, still would have signed Taylor.

Taylor beats McCown out. Taylor was the same in preseason as he has been in regular season. Very accurate, great running, showed command of the offense. McCown likely would have shown more than Cassell because of the bigger arm but isn't as efficient. Coaches saw extra dimension Taylor brings. I think Taylor beats him out.

EJ is probably still a Bill and they keep three. They got rid of Cassell the first time because it saved them money. It would not save them money to get rid of EJ.

Cassell would be signed by someone to be their backup.

I think McCown would have gotten a much fairer shot at starter that Cassel got, and if he looked decent this place would have been ugly. All things considered, I think I am happy with how it shook out...

They definitely still sign Taylor.

They don't trade for Cassel and instead they still have that pick when they are pursuing the trade for Brandon Marshall and he ends up in Buffalo instead of NY.

Taylor beats out McCown in preseason and the offense is even better.

EJ sticks as the #3.

Team wins 7 of 8.....with McCown filling in for injured Tyrod a couple games......and in spite of a lousy defense.

Jets enter this Bills game at 2-6.

They don't trade for Cassel and instead they still have that pick when they are pursuing the trade for Brandon Marshall and he ends up in Buffalo instead of NY.

EJ sticks as the #3.

Team wins 7 of 8.....with McCown filling in for injured Tyrod a couple games......and in spite of a lousy defense.

Hypothetically, this would have been awesome!!

Imo

EJ sticks as the #3.

Ha! Probably true.

This is the 2nd time I have heard you say this

Either show something that can reference this or stop doing it

I've got a better idea.....why don't you just learn how to use google if you care?

Should I demand a proving link to the declaration that "the Bills would never go for Brandon Marshall!!"? :rolleyes: