Sammy Watkins

What a Tuel

Do I start Sammy Watkins?

I have Calvin Johnson but he is on bye. This is going to be a rough week for me as a lot of my players are on bye.

If I don't play Sammy, I have to drop him to fill his spot because of the above. Available WR is Pierre Garcon against what could be a blowout (garbage time) against New England.

Sammy is scaring me with talk of taking plays off if his ankle starts bugging him and not doing any crazy moves (just running in a straight line) after catching the ball. My head tells to stop being a homer and pick up garcon at the cost of watkins, my gut tells me Sammy's going to have a great game against the fish!

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/06/bills-notebook-team-aims-to-make-sure-watkins-can-get-ready-to-roll/

What do I do? (Please no Sammy trash talk)

Edited by What a Tuel

If he's active I would start him. Especially if not starting him means having to release him.

I think I will. I don't have much of a shot to win because half my team is on bye or injured.Better than dropping Watkins and still losing!

My lineup vs my opponent:

Me

Rivers

Ingram

McCluster

Diggs

Amari Cooper

Delanie Walker

Sammy Watkins

Gould

Steelers

Bench

Roethlisberger

Forte (Injured)

Calvin Johnson (Bye)

Kelce (Bye)

Cardinals (Bye)

Opponent

Tom Brady

Woodhead

Peterson

Jeffery

Cooks

Eifert (28 points :sick: )

Allen Robinson

Dawson

Vikings

Bench

Carr

Vernon Davis

Sims

Hyde

John Brown

I gave up Riddick to pick up McCluster, which I now think was a mistake since I don't think I can win with Eifert's 28 points. Riddick was decent, but on bye, and snatched up quickly. (DeAngelo Williams, Langford, and CJ Anderson all picked up before me on waiver since I'm in 1st)

Edited by What a Tuel

Just coming back to say great advice! haha. I will probably still lose, but I'd feel like an idiot if I had dropped Watkins.

Only down by 7, and need Rivers/Gould to outscore Alshon Jeffery, and Danny Woodhead by that amount. A tall order I know, I am just glad my team showed up today!

Just coming back to say great advice! haha. I will probably still lose, but I'd feel like an idiot if I had dropped Watkins.

Only down by 7, and need Rivers/Gould to outscore Alshon Jeffery, and Danny Woodhead by that amount. A tall order I know, I am just glad my team showed up today!

I'm glad it worked out in your favor. Seems like you have a fairly decent chance. I think Rivers and Woodhead both have huge games. Jeffery is a ? for me, as SD seems to have a pretty solid secondary. Gould might be the key to you pulling out the victory.

I am in a similar situation this week. I am currently up by 12 points (standard scoring). I have Robbie Gould, and my opponent has Malcolm Floyd. I'm feeling pretty confident, but you never know.

I'm glad it worked out in your favor. Seems like you have a fairly decent chance. I think Rivers and Woodhead both have huge games. Jeffery is a ? for me, as SD seems to have a pretty solid secondary. Gould might be the key to you pulling out the victory.

I am in a similar situation this week. I am currently up by 12 points (standard scoring). I have Robbie Gould, and my opponent has Malcolm Floyd. I'm feeling pretty confident, but you never know.

Sounds like you have a good shot, with Keenan Allen out Rivers is going to key in on someone, but I bet it is Gates and Stevie more than Floyd. Even with Floyd and no ppr, you have a solid chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok as we all know, Sammy has not been getting the ball these last two games, but Rex has said they need to! So with that under consideration and the Chiefs allowing the 2nd most average fantasy points to wide receivers, do I start Sammy Watkins? This is a must win for me. My other wideouts are:

Calvin Johnson (locked in at WR1 Thank God)

Stefon Diggs @ATL

Amari Cooper @TEN

So basically pick 2 of the 3 WR's for my WR2 and Flex.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.