OL is still a mess....glad we won

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see an issue with run blocking, but I do with pass protection.

The right side is ugly, watching Henderson get smoked and Miller completely turned around. I knew hand technique was an issue with Miller, since I paid more attention to him before the draft.

How soon does Kromer come back? I think that we went through a similar downturn during the preseason while Kromer was out. I know he doesn't actually play the games, but he has to have some ideas to improve the situation.

Goat.....if we had a OL that was run blocking well.....we would be able to churn out 1st downs even with Boobie running the ball.

I am shocked that Herron gave way to Boobie late in the game.....you can tell Herron is a much better back

I don't know if there is a running back in the league that is slower to the point of attack than Boobie Dixon is right now. I loved Boobie's performance in 2014 and think that his calf injury may still be lingering. But there is no O-Line that would have gotten him going today.

Herron's ball security and lack of experience made him a bad option at the end of the day.

The Bengals gave up 200 yards on the ground at home today with Marshawn Lynch out. I haven't been thrilled with our line play yet either, but let's see how they do against Cincinnati when Karlos Williams comes back.

I don't know if there is a running back in the league that is slower to the point of attack than Boobie Dixon is right now. I loved Boobie's performance in 2014 and think that his calf injury may still be lingering. But there is no O-Line that would have gotten him going today.

Herron's ball security and lack of experience made him a bad option at the end of the day.

The Bengals gave up 200 yards on the ground at home today with Marshawn Lynch out. I haven't been thrilled with our line play yet either, but let's see how they do against Cincinnati when Karlos Williams comes back.

Does anyone know how bad Cierre Wood is hurt

The backs should be

Till Shady comes back

Karlos and Herron

after Shady comes back

Shady and Karlos with Herron as the 3rd back

They are taking turns making mistakes on the offensive line......and our run blocking is non existant

A few thoughts

- I am starting to realize that neither Henderson NOR Kujo are really the answer at RT.

- Miller is playing like a rookie.....so he gets a bit of a pass....but I am really hoping that his play improves over the course of the season

- Wood needs to be replaced

- Cog and Glenn are our best players....BUT.....Glenn probably would be a better fit at RT....and....he might not even be in the long term plans

This OL needs a major retooling in the offseason.....this group as it is composed is NOT the answer.

Nothing has changed - 5 weeks now w/o an OLine coach, so of course they aren't good enough. Very hard to form a judgement until then. They looked awfully good in the preseason games, during which he was still around.

Hopefully Kromer will make a difference in 2 weeks.

How soon does Kromer come back? I think that we went through a similar downturn during the preseason while Kromer was out. I know he doesn't actually play the games, but he has to have some ideas to improve the situation.

6 week suspension - he comes back after the Cincy game.

I just think it is time to get really OL heavy in a draft......

I dont want to reach....but if its a choice between equal grades on a playmaker and a big ugly

Give me the big ugly.....a few times please

Every other spot. LT C and RT need to be blown up. I dont put stock in Glenn being here passed this year. But if he is... he either has to replace Cog or Miller at guard... which im not a fan of. Or move to RT. The Glenn experiment is over

Every other spot. LT C and RT need to be blown up. I dont put stock in Glenn being here passed this year. But if he is... he either has to replace Cog or Miller at guard... which im not a fan of. Or move to RT. The Glenn experiment is over

I think Glenn would make a crackerjack RT......but someone will probably pay him LT money

I'm going to withhold judgement on Henderson, Cyrus, and Miller until they're in their 5th season.

I think that's only fair. Don't you?

Little facetious arent we. BUT seriously. I think they need a non suspended coach and more than this little bit of time... Every and I mean EVERY line sucks until it gels. Henderson and Wood are flat out not cutting it. Henderson i might give a little more rope seeing as he shouldnt be a starter yet. But wood? He has to go

I think Glenn would make a crackerjack RT......but someone will probably pay him LT money

I am of that same line of thought. I think he is going to get the money somewhere. But LT he is not. I was one of those guys who thought the bills were too cute drafting him to play tackle when he was a guard. Im not sure how wrong I was about him at LT but i dont think there is any egg on my face

The rushing stats look good because the QB was the leading rusher with 8 for 76, one TD

Without the QB rushing 127 - 76= 51 yards on 20 rushes, and that equals 2.55 ypc avg instead of the 4.5 avg per rush. Then take away that Taylor running TD, and its a loss.

The OP is right, "and our run blocking is non existent"

The O line was the biggest area of need this last off season, and they didn't do enough to build a good enough unit for the power run blocking scheme this OC wants to run. The Bills are exceedingly lucky to have Tyrod Taylor!

Look who ran behind that line yesterday. Enough said.

Look who ran behind that line yesterday. Enough said.

More like, look at the 7 and 8 men in the box they faced...

Its so easy to make excuses about lack of talent at the RB position or the defense they faced. The bigger issue is about the talent on the offensive line that is and has been lacking for years.

Wanna look at LeSean McCoy stats even when healthy? The 6 million dollar RB has 43 rushes for 143 yards 0 TD's in three games played equals 47.6 yards per game, and that equals 3.25 ypc avg.

While Karlos Williams has looked brilliant in relief of McCoy in games, and even had a good game against Miami. Lets look at what he did against the NY Giants as the starter, an abysmal 18 rushes for 40 yards for a 2.2 ypc avg 0 TD.

Lots of teams stack the box to stop the run and yet teams still find a way to run on them. Also, its important to watch the game, and visually see for yourself if there are holes for the RB to hit or not.

Most of the time this year its been or not.

I dont know....will they be on their 5th start in the NFL at that time?

I'm not sure, but since you don't have a copy of the Bills Playbook, you really aren't qualified to talk about this stuff.

That's what I was told by someone earlier. He seemed pretty sure of himself, so you should probably take that guy's advice.

Well you are the smartest guy in the room.....

When it's you and I in the room, yes. Every single time.

But yeah, joking aside, to be honest: you should take that guy's advice and stop talking about things you aren't qualified in. Sorry man. I mean, that guy really was emphatic about that point. You should listen to him.

When it's you and I in the room, yes. Every single time.

But yeah, joking aside, to be honest: you should take that guy's advice and stop talking about things you aren't qualified in. Sorry man. I mean, that guy really was emphatic about that point. You should listen to him.

The problem is.....your the only person in the room

and

Your mom told me you need to get of her basement and get a life

Edited by John from Hemet

Your mom told me you need to get of her basement and get a life

Sick burn, man.

I could have sworn that guy had something say about insults as well.

I guess you really can't get with that guy's opinion. He must have been completely full of hot air. Or he's schizophrenic. My money's on both.

Sick burn, man.

I could have sworn that guy had something say about insults as well.

I guess you really can't get with that guy's opinion. He must have been completely full of hot air. Or he's schizophrenic. My money's on both.

Unless your talking to yourself I dont know where your going with that....

Seek help