OL is still a mess....glad we won

They are taking turns making mistakes on the offensive line......and our run blocking is non existant

A few thoughts

- I am starting to realize that neither Henderson NOR Kujo are really the answer at RT.

- Miller is playing like a rookie.....so he gets a bit of a pass....but I am really hoping that his play improves over the course of the season

- Wood needs to be replaced

- Cog and Glenn are our best players....BUT.....Glenn probably would be a better fit at RT....and....he might not even be in the long term plans

This OL needs a major retooling in the offseason.....this group as it is composed is NOT the answer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see an issue with run blocking, but I do with pass protection.

The right side is ugly, watching Henderson get smoked and Miller completely turned around. I knew hand technique was an issue with Miller, since I paid more attention to him before the draft.

Goat.....if we had a OL that was run blocking well.....we would be able to churn out 1st downs even with Boobie running the ball.

I am shocked that Herron gave way to Boobie late in the game.....you can tell Herron is a much better back

I'd have to watch it closer to really analyze it, but I could see open lanes, at least. I think a healthy McCoy and Karlos would've had a couple big runs today.

Oddly enough the only position on the line I feel good about is the guards

Woods problems were overshadowed by the horrid guard play last year but he is a below avg center

Both tackles struggled today

They are taking turns making mistakes on the offensive line......and our run blocking is non existant

A few thoughts

- I am starting to realize that neither Henderson NOR Kujo are really the answer at RT.

- Miller is playing like a rookie.....so he gets a bit of a pass....but I am really hoping that his play improves over the course of the season

- Wood needs to be replaced

- Cog and Glenn are our best players....BUT.....Glenn probably would be a better fit at RT....and....he might not even be in the long term plans

This OL needs a major retooling in the offseason.....this group as it is composed is NOT the answer.

There are football people who've made evaluations that 5 games in, were way off the mark. For the Bills to hire Rex Ryan and his brand of offensive football and not improve the OL much, it's a clear lack of understanding between the front office and coaches.

Doug Whaley said this off-season that "he has the Bills roster awfully close" to "perennially compete for the postseason and championships." I think even Doug has to reflect on that statement as pure hype.

The right side is ugly, watching Henderson get smoked and Miller completely turned around. I knew hand technique was an issue with Miller, since I paid more attention to him before the draft.

The rushing stats look good because the QB was the leading rusher with 8 for 76, one TD

Without the QB rushing 127 - 76= 51 yards on 20 rushes, and that equals 2.55 ypc avg instead of the 4.5 avg per rush. Then take away that Taylor running TD, and its a loss.

The OP is right, "and our run blocking is non existent"

The O line was the biggest area of need this last off season, and they didn't do enough to build a good enough unit for the power run blocking scheme this OC wants to run. The Bills are exceedingly lucky to have Tyrod Taylor!

There are football people who've made evaluations that 5 games in, were way off the mark. For the Bills to hire Rex Ryan and his brand of offensive football and not improve the OL much, it's a clear lack of understanding between the front office and coaches.

Doug Whaley said this off-season that "he has the Bills roster awfully close" to "perennially compete for the postseason and championships." I think even Doug has to reflect on that statement as pure hype.

This is the year of the awful offensive line all around the NFL. My theory: the big guys who are good athletes are all playing defense these days. That's where the attention is, and that's where the money goes. Watching the Broncos-Raiders now where the O lines are respectively awful (Broncos) and just plain bad (Raiders)

Goat.....if we had a OL that was run blocking well.....we would be able to churn out 1st downs even with Boobie running the ball.

I am shocked that Herron gave way to Boobie late in the game.....you can tell Herron is a much better back

He probably doesn't know the playbook well enough to play in all situations. Also, when he's in there the other team pretty muck knows he's getting the ball on a run because he's unlikely to know the pass blocking schemes, which doesn't help.

That roster is missing a few O-Line pieces. Get 'er done Whaley!

I just think it is time to get really OL heavy in a draft......

I dont want to reach....but if its a choice between equal grades on a playmaker and a big ugly

Give me the big ugly.....a few times please

+1000

Many of us have been saying this for years!

Now it is painfully obvious that the largest missing piece of the puzzle is the O-Line.

I thought the OL was terrible today. There were no holes at all in the run game. Taylor had a little time but only a little time. Henderson is just bad. Miller is not ready. Wood is average at best. Incognito and Glenn were not glaringly bad but not good either. 99, who is very good, was abusing them the entire game. As was Morgan.

The run blocking was godawful. Wood was ragdolled repeatedly. Those running plays aren't designed to result in 1.5 yard gains, btw - they're supposed to do a lot more than that.

Edited by dave mcbride

This team has one good lineman, and his contract is up after this year. The jury is out on Miller, but he hasn't looked good so far. I do hold out hope for him, however.

Incognito is pretty good overall. Wood is fair. Glenn is pretty good but I was expecting him to be very good this year. Miller has been mediocre at best but I agree I hold out hope. Henderson I really don't know about. He may just suck or not have the right mental makeup for this. I wonder how much Kromer could help. I didn't think it would make much difference but maybe it does. They have not been good.

That said, who can run with their top two RB out. TT has time to throw sometimes at least.