Fredex's Role in the Bears Game

The Dean

The problem with letting Jackson and Brown go is that Shady was injured at the time and isn't healthy now. So the Bills will have to go into a game with Dixon as the primary backup and that's not a good thing. That's a chunk of the carries going to a guy I want to see get 1 or 2 carries a game. And if anything happens to Williams, ouch, I don't even want to think about where the running game will be.

Not sure why the Bills didn't keep a 4th back when their starter was injured.

Given the way that Karlos has been playing, it takes the sting out of cutting Fred, at least as far as production goes. Keeping Fred around would have just buried Karlos on the depth chart.

No it would have buried Jackson on the depth chart and seen him inactive a lot of games...

Given the way that Karlos has been playing, it takes the sting out of cutting Fred, at least as far as production goes. Keeping Fred around would have just buried Karlos on the depth chart.

I think you've got it mixed, Doc. Karlos had already moved past Fred on the depth chart, Boobie dresses for ST, that's 3 active RB on game day plus Felton. Fred would have been a healthy scratch.

Would have been nice to see him retire here. I still would rather have him than BOOBIE

You wouldn't if you were the ST coach

Amen... Though now it might be cool to see him in the Superbowl... Unless he is playing the Bills. I do hope he retires as a Bill

Would love to see him retire as a Bill, then lead the charge at next year's home opener.

Its a produce now league and Fred cant produce like he used to. I love the hell out of the man but Karlos softens the blow. I know I may sound insane but I dont think there is a better roster top to bottom right now than the Bills and it made the move to release FJ that much easier.

I was surprised they didn't go with Fred. He would have been more productive than Rawls, but coaches a lot of times like the potential explosiveness of younger guys.

You think Freddy would have averaged more than the 6.1 yards per carry Rawls has this year? I like Freddy but I feel people here are dismissing Rawls because they've never heard of him.

You think Freddy would have averaged more than the 6.1 yards per carry Rawls has this year? I like Freddy but I feel people here are dismissing Rawls because they've never heard of him.

My issue with Rawls goes back to his U of M days. I never was enamored with his running style, and didn't think he would make a very good pro. But maybe he's a different back. I didn't like Marshawn when he was here too, and he changed into a totally different back in Seattle.

My issue with Rawls goes back to his U of M days. I never was enamored with his running style, and didn't think he would make a very good pro. But maybe he's a different back. I didn't like Marshawn when he was here too, and he changed into a totally different back in Seattle.

Fair, and not liking his running style is definitely a good reason. He definitely performed well though.