Fredex's Role in the Bears Game

The Dean

With Marshawn out, isn't it interesting Freddie only got two carries and two receptions? If this is being discussed somewhere else, I apologize. I didn't see it and couldn't find it. Please move it to the appropriate thread.

This isn't an "I told you so" post, as I was quite upset when Fred was dealt. But unlike a few here, I understood it and got over it. Fred is clearly reaching the end of a great career. Too bad he didn't get to finish it in Buffalo. This isn't to say Fred may not contribute in meaningful ways for Seattle. But when they needed someone to step up and fill in for Marshawn, who did they look to? Not the aging Jackson, but rather a relatively unknown rookie (Relatively? Who the hell ever heard of Thomas Rawls?).

Anyway, hopefully some here will lay off the lambasting of Whaley for this move, and refrain from pointing out, every time a Bills' back makes a less-than-ideal play, that it's all Whaley's fault for trading Fred.

With Marshawn out, isn't it interesting Freddie only got two carries and two receptions? If this is being discussed somewhere else, I apologize. I didn't see it and couldn't find it. Please move it to the appropriate thread.

This isn't an "I told you so" post, as I was quite upset when Fred was dealt. But unlike a few here, I understood it and got over it. Fred is clearly reaching the end of a great career. Too bad he didn't get to finish it in Buffalo. This isn't to say Fred may not contribute in meaningful ways for Seattle. But when they needed someone to step up and fill in for Marshawn, who did they look to? Not the aging Jackson, but rather a relatively unknown rookie (Relatively? Who the hell ever heard of Thomas Rawls?).

Anyway, hopefully some here will lay off the lambasting of Whaley for this move, and refrain from pointing out, every time a Bills' back makes a less-than-ideal play, that it's all Whaley's fault for trading Fred.

Amen... Though now it might be cool to see him in the Superbowl... Unless he is playing the Bills. I do hope he retires as a Bill

Amen... Though now it might be cool to see him in the Superbowl... Unless he is playing the Bills. I do hope he retires as a Bill

And that he is playing for Seattle--2nd smuggest team in the league.

Love Fred but I too got over it after about the third day and I questioned some people at work, how would you feel about Fred being inactive? I don't want to see that. We did the honorable thing with him.

Amen to that.

I was surprised they didn't go with Fred. He would have been more productive than Rawls, but coaches a lot of times like the potential explosiveness of younger guys.

Might want to go with "might have" for something that you can't possibly know.

Rawls is a Marshawn clone. Off the field issues resulted in his transfer from Michigan. He gives Seattle a nice insurance policy. I'm afraid Fred will be relegated to 3rd down duty due to his proficiency as a pass blocker.

Given the way that Karlos has been playing, it takes the sting out of cutting Fred, at least as far as production goes. Keeping Fred around would have just buried Karlos on the depth chart.

Rex stated in a presser, IIRC, that Karlos was #2 prior to Fred being released.

Somehow I doubt he would have been inactive this week ...

True. But last week? Week before? I only mentioned one week. Can you imagine how we all would feel if Fred was inactive multiple weeks at a time? I puke. Love the man way too much to see it end like that for him here. Would he be active this week? Seems likely but that's the future.

Karlos had a great camp, he would be playing the same as he is now with fred here.

Dixon was kept for special teams I assume, because that's the only possible justification for not having Fred in his place. No way is Boobie a better runner or pass catcher or qb protector or team leader than Fred. He blocked a few punts which is huge, and we must have needed more special teams help.