It is times like this where Tyrod will be truly tested

- He played well in camp and excellent in pre season

- People love the guys athletisism and arm........you can tell he is smart and is a leader on the field by the way the other players listem to him

- He comes out and plays a wonderful first game for a 1st start

then

- He throws 3 picks against the patriots (2 of them bad throws that his receivers might have bailed him out on) he still throws for 3 scores and runs for another......but now because the team loses Tyrod's not so great moments are front and center

He probaby goes into the film room and sees things that he missed.......if everything the fans say is true he might have thrown 8 touchdowns last Sunday instead of the 4 he generated

No does he

- Start overthinking it

- Continue to progress.....let the crit blow over his shoulder understanding he has the coaches confidence and its a long season

I am really anxious to see how Tyrod responds from last weeks game. Miami is NOT a pushover on defense by any means.

Edited by John from Hemet

- He played well in camp and excellent in pre season

- People love the guys athletisism and arm........you can tell he is smart and is a leader on the field by the way the other players listem to him

- He comes out and plays a wonderful first game for a 1st start

then

- He throws 3 picks against the patriots (2 of them bad throws that his receivers might have bailed him out on) he still throws for 3 scores and runs for another......but now because the team loses Tyrod's not so great moments are front and center

He probaby goes into the film room and sees things that he missed.......if everything the fans say is true he might have thrown 8 touchdowns last Sunday instead of the 4 he generated

No does he

- Start overthinking it

- Continue to progress.....let the crit blow over his shoulder understanding he has the coaches confidence and its a long season

I am really anxious to see how Tyrod responds from last weeks game. Miami is NOT a pushover on defense by any means.

Myself, i am more concerned how the coaching staff reacts to utter domination. They looked like arena league coaches at times. Tyrod will start NFL game 3 on Sunday. he is an infant yet. OTOH the coaching had at least in part blame for the situation he was put in.

that was the first game Tyrod has had any adversity that we have seen. he seemed unstoppable in the preseason and week 1. you forget that it was only his 2nd ever start! he might have some growing pains and he figures out what he can and can't do. hopefully he learns and continues to get better, that's all you can ask of him

I'm not sure exactly where the "test" would be coming from this weekend. The Dolphins overall haven't shown us that they're a good defense at all. 372.5 YPG ranks them 25th. Their illustrious sack total so far for two games is 1.0. Ooh....scary. 2 interceptions ranks them 20th. Here's a team that barely beat the Redskins and LOST to what is supposed to be the worst team in the NFL this year in the Jaguars. If Tyrod does anything other than shine brightly in this game, I'll deem it a failure. The Dolphins defensively just haven't been all that good in either game.

Myself, i am more concerned how the coaching staff reacts to utter domination. They looked like arena league coaches at times. Tyrod will start NFL game 3 on Sunday. he is an infant yet. OTOH the coaching had at least in part blame for the situation he was put in.

The coaches have been through this. Jets losing 45-3 against NE and going on to the AFCC. 49ers losing 29-3 against Seattle and going on to the NFCC.

I'm not worried about them as much. They're vets.

EJ took on the approach of his coaching staff. He got uptight and afraid when he had bad games. He was sometimes able to bounce back the next week, but often lacked confidence and was trying too hard not to make mistakes which led to the inability to trust what he saw.

This staff appears to be different, and the approach will rub off on the team. I think TT will continue to work to get better but won't be afraid to take chances. Everyone knows he is a work in progress, but at the same time he has had some dynamite plays already.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not sure exactly where the "test" would be coming from this weekend. The Dolphins overall haven't shown us that they're a good defense at all. 372.5 YPG ranks them 25th. Their illustrious sack total so far for two games is 1.0. Ooh....scary. 2 interceptions ranks them 20th. Here's a team that barely beat the Redskins and LOST to what is supposed to be the worst team in the NFL this year in the Jaguars. If Tyrod does anything other than shine brightly in this game, I'll deem it a failure. The Dolphins defensively just haven't been all that good in either game.

So in your mind it pre determined that Miami will not play well....therefore if TT does not play well then the lamenting continues

I just want to make sure I understand the mind set

We had to know there were going to be growing pains in both the O and the D. It might take 8-10 games before Roman and Co really start to jell.

Throw in a virgin QB and it only compounds the process.

EJ didn't have competent coaching in his first two years. I always assumed Moron was in his ear from the start telling him to err on the side of safety when passing. Not what a new QB needs. One more thing to worry about.

that was the first game Tyrod has had any adversity that we have seen. he seemed unstoppable in the preseason and week 1. you forget that it was only his 2nd ever start! he might have some growing pains and he figures out what he can and can't do. hopefully he learns and continues to get better, that's all you can ask of him

And his response was three straight TD drives.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So in your mind it pre determined that Miami will not play well....therefore if TT does not play well then the lamenting continues

I just want to make sure I understand the mind set

I've said it well before the start of the season. Miami has been 8-8 for 3 years in a row. Their only real upgrade was Suh and I said he wouldn't be that much of an impact. So far, that's been 100% accurate. At the end of the day, if the Bills (and TT by association) can't put up more points than the lowly Jacksonville Jaguars did, then I'll start thinking about when the coaches will be swapping in EJ. It's not lamenting at all, just simply reality for me.

I don't think this is how the coaching staff looks at it. It isn't as simple as Taylor needs to raise his game. He can't be throwing 30+ times or going 3 & out repeatedly, but that is exacerbated by the failure to play complementary football. In other words, he needs to be solid on his 20-25 throws, but the O-Line, the running game, the defense and the special teams need to be solid enough that we're not asking him to do any more than that.

What NE did last week was take the Bills out of their gameplan and then capitalize on horrendous ST play and an avalanche of penalties. And obviously Brady was tremendous.

Tyrod has carried himself very well so far and I don't expect that to change. He doesn't come across as the type of player who is going to get worked up over what the media (or a bunch of poster on a discussion forum) have to say. If you care too much about what the fans have to say, you will quickly become one.

FP