Some Rules for the TBDAHOT First in Lot Championship Belt...

CountryCletus

1) No camping out - this includes sleeping in your vehicle. You must be up awake and not in your vehicle when the second person arrives.

2) The current title holder can make new rules, as long as they are reasonable. ie - you can't make a rule that only people that can win have names that start with J or are only born in July

3) If you are unable to defend your title (you won't make the opener) the belt must be sent to either the previous winner or myself, so that it can be awarded to the winner that year.

4) Must be a TBD member for at least one year.

5) Any disputes on first arrival, Hammered A Lot and Hammers Lot staff may be used to determine who was first.

You would have this year. I think it was almost 6:45 when I pulled in.

The lot didn't open until 6:43 this year... Was there for week two also and was told Hammer over slept and the lot didn't officially open until 7:05... Is 7:00 the standard opening time?

I'm not Jack, I just play him on TV... but, for one, you must be an active member in good standing to qualify for the honor.

I think a good rule to save any confusion or the addition of an asterisk would be:

- to be eligible the member must have posted within the current league year....

What do you guys think??? I still think mrags should stay.... Lol

I also am not JJack either, but I'd think getting there early would be a requirement.

I agree! Early it is!!!

The lot didn't open until 6:43 this year... Was there for week two also and was told Hammer over slept and the lot didn't officially open until 7:05... Is 7:00 the standard opening time?

I think a good rule to save any confusion or the addition of an asterisk would be:

- to be eligible the member must have posted within the current league year....

What do you guys think??? I still think mrags should stay.... Lol

I've gotten there before Hammers staff was even there before, mainly because I had things to setup for the tailgate.

I do like the rule of having posted within the current league year.

• 7 months later...

how is it working this year?!

Same as always, first in the lot. If someone wants to show up at 8am, and they are the first ones, they'd win. Myself, I've already made it known I don't plan on showing up before noon.

Same as always, first in the lot. If someone wants to show up at 8am, and they are the first ones, they'd win. Myself, I've already made it known I don't plan on showing up before noon.

we need to make some plans to do some sort of brunch this year. i don't know if everyone will be in town to do the sat night dinner?

no idea who i am taking yet. morgan is dying to go again. but i need to bring a red head. i've had a brunette, black hair, and a blonde. no red heads.

we need to make some plans to do some sort of brunch this year. i don't know if everyone will be in town to do the sat night dinner?

Kelly and I are getting in late Wednesday, driving out after work, so we'd be interested in brunch Thursday morning, or maybe a few drinks Wednesday night. We are even thinking of staying the weekend also up in Niagara Falls.

• 2 months later...

I will be at the Hammer's on Thursday (not sure the time).

I will probably stay over at Motel 6 and go home Friday.

I have not decided if i want to risk being on the road after midnight on what is usually a rookie night.

Current plans will change as people post their party pans here.

We could have a WNYTBDGPS meeting before noon and be in Buffalo early.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'll win this again like I did last year but decided to offer up the belt to Cletus because he's special and I felt he needed a win.

I offered you the belt and you refused. So I could either keep it or give it to second place, and I was tired of defending the title, hence why it went to Cletus.

I think a good rule for night games is anyone there 12 hours or more before the NFL posted kickoff time is not eligible, because it's just crazy to be there that early. Cletus, being the current title holder, if you agree, the motion carries.

I offered you the belt and you refused. So I could either keep it or give it to second place, and I was tired of defending the title, hence why it went to Cletus.

I think a good rule for night games is anyone there 12 hours or more before the NFL posted kickoff time is not eligible, because it's just crazy to be there that early. Cletus, being the current title holder, if you agree, the motion carries.

its just too tough for this opener because of it being a night game

I will be at the Hammer's on Thursday (not sure the time).

I will probably stay over at Motel 6 and go home Friday.

I have not decided if i want to risk being on the road after midnight on what is usually a rookie night.

Current plans will change as people post their party pans here.

We could have a WNYTBDGPS meeting before noon and be in Buffalo early.

I like the idea of a WNYTBDGPS, We will be leaving Wednesday night and hope to get to Syracuse for the night, on the road in AM and a Rochester stop could do the trick, Do they have breakfast garbage plates?