Bills Release Bryce Brown

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch was a complete a-hole when he was here. At that point in time, the Bills made the correct decision in getting rid of him.

MAYBE the decision to get rid of him was OK. The deal was not.

MAYBE the decision to get rid of him was OK. The deal was not.

Lynch has nothing to do with Bryce Brown, but he was on his 2nd strike at that point wasn't he? And he had played himself out of the starting job and pretty clearly didn't want to be here. RBs don't get traded for much on good terms. What should they have gotten for him?

I'm not sure I get the "Whaley got fleeced" crowd either. Didn't we only give up a fourth rounder?

That is correct. Wellllll, plus we swapped 7th round picks. Question: what did Philly do with that 2015 4th round pick?

Trivia: with the first pick of the 2014 4th round, Philly drafted.....Jaylen Watkins, who is now on our practice squad. We drafted Russ Cockerell, who is now on the Steelers 53-man.

Fourth round players are very hit and miss, and even those that make it, often aren't the "right fit" for their drafting team.

Whaley, IMHO, traded for Brown because Marrone wanted a backup for the oft-injured Spiller who would provide the same speed threat, and for the 33 year old Jackson. Presumably Brown graded out better than the RB available in the 2014 4th round or later. And Jackson and Spiller were hurt, and Brown filled in, and was not quite what we hoped. He got another season to develop under a new coach and system, and got beaten out by a 5th round rookie who is 0.1s slower in the 40 yd dash, taller, heavier, and plays much bigger. He filled his niche last year, he didn't make the cut this year, goodbye.

One thing I think that is very telling is the timing of release of the players Jackson and Brown

Jackson - we love you....we think the world of you.....we think so much that we are going to cut you at a time where you can still hook on with another team

Brown ................... .................... ...................

I don't love wasting assets. I think that's an ok opinion to have. The trade for Brown was a gamble that didn't work - fine. Blown trade but you have to take chances. The trade for Watkins was a gamble that may or may not have worked. If they're going to be using him as a decoy like they did last week, it's a blown trade but you have to take chances. If we make the playoffs this year, all will be forgiven. If we fall short, it will likely be because of depth issues that having extra draft picks may have solved... so, Whaley is taking a risk with his job. If he's ok with it, I'm ok with it.

I don't love wasting assets. I think that's an ok opinion to have. The trade for Brown was a gamble that didn't work - fine. Blown trade but you have to take chances. The trade for Watkins was a gamble that may or may not have worked. If they're going to be using him as a decoy like they did last week, it's a blown trade but you have to take chances. If we make the playoffs this year, all will be forgiven. If we fall short, it will likely be because of depth issues that having extra draft picks may have solved... so, Whaley is taking a risk with his job. If he's ok with it, I'm ok with it.

Ya gotta have a place on the roster for those depth players. I personally think the TE and WR numbers are a bit crazy, but presumably they're there because Roman wants 'em.

Hard to fault Whaley for that.

I don't know what they're doing with Fluellen on the roster but presumably they have their reasons. Is he a Special Teams Monster or something?

Give Watkins time with Taylor. Got to build chemistry.

Edited by Hopeful

That is correct. Wellllll, plus we swapped 7th round picks. Question: what did Philly do with that 2015 4th round pick?

Trivia: with the first pick of the 2014 4th round, Philly drafted.....Jaylen Watkins, who is now on our practice squad. We drafted Russ Cockerell, who is now on the Steelers 53-man.

Fourth round players are very hit and miss, and even those that make it, often aren't the "right fit" for their drafting team.

Whaley, IMHO, traded for Brown because Marrone wanted a backup for the oft-injured Spiller who would provide the same speed threat, and for the 33 year old Jackson. Presumably Brown graded out better than the RB available in the 2014 4th round or later. And Jackson and Spiller were hurt, and Brown filled in, and was not quite what we hoped. He got another season to develop under a new coach and system, and got beaten out by a 5th round rookie who is 0.1s slower in the 40 yd dash, taller, heavier, and plays much bigger. He filled his niche last year, he didn't make the cut this year, goodbye.

I don't think Whaley is being castrated too bad here, but it's not okay how any criticism leveled at a bad move is screamed down. Sorta ridiculous. It was a risk that didn't work out. That counts as valid.

If I had to guess......Brown wasn't too pleased with not being on the active roster and probably asked for his release.

If Cierre Wood ends up starting for this team in November that won't do much for Whaley's approval rating.

When you wanna' run the ball 35-40 times per game you need some RB's.

Only thing that makes sense. No way he was the 53rd roster spot. And as has been pointed out this leaves us pretty thin at RB for a run heavy team.

I'm ok with them cutting Brown because Karlos needs to get more of the handoffs, Shady also needs fed and there aren't many touches left beyond that. Can't see the need for 4 RB's. That whole spiel about ground and pound was before camp when we were incompetent at QB. Can you really take that talk seriously looking at our receivers?

Seeing Karlos in person Sunday made me realize what a great burst he has off the line and through the hole. The man doesn't mess around.

*gets more popcorn*

hows the butter here btw ? i like a good butter.. not too much salt. some salt. just not too much.

sometime butter already has salt. I like salt. just not a lot of it on my popcorn.

sometimes i get a soda. thats has salt too. you would not think so but it does.