Bills Release Bryce Brown

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This probably has more to do with Brown's unhappiness the way he wasn't used week 1 and less about his talent. He probably demanded a release and the Bills didn't want an unhappy player in their RB room that is quite a talented bunch. I'm also sure this all happened prior to some effort to trade him for anything but there were no takers.

While I liked Brown, he simply couldn't hang onto the football. Even in preseason with a year to work on it he was still fumbling. No matter how good someone is, if he is going to account for a TO every 1 or two games, that's tough.

Bills are set with Shady, Williams, and Dixon. I'm sure Thigpen can fill in a pinch. They have Wood on PS. This allows us to bring back Dareus and keep our DL depth.

Brown may succeed elsewhere, but odds are he will always have that fumbling thing looming, and no team can afford to count on a back like that.

Well **** O.o

I much prefer Brown over Dixon as a runner, but Brown doesn't do much on ST, so I guess it makes sense... I think we need another RB that is more capable than Dixon as a runner.... too bad Brown wasn't a special teams ace.

Edited by Dorkington

Maybe it's a ploy. Cut Brown (compensate very well), hope the Pats pick him up to pick his brain for this weeks game. Pats fall for the bait, he gives them the wrong playbook. Pats think they're getting over on the Bills again, Bills win in rout! Bryce is cut next week, Bills re-sign him.

Seriously though. Why cut anyone before the Pats game? We know they'll make a push to sign him. ***SIGH***

Edited by Eric95403

Maybe it's a ploy. Cut Brown (compensate very well), hope the Pats pick him up to pick his brain for this weeks game. Pats fall for the bait, he gives them the wrong playbook. Pats think they're getting over on the Bills again, Bills win in rout! Bryce is cut next week, Bills re-sign him.

Seriously though. Why cut anyone before the Pats game? We know they'll make a push to sign him. ***SIGH***

You might be on to something actually. Give him the wrong game plan and then cut him.