Reviewing the game film.....Seantrel must improve

I am reviewing my my league pass specifically watching OL play against the colts

What people are saying about Henderson (and to a smaller degree....the rookie Miller) they must improve

I am into the 2nd quarter....a couple of specifically plays.....

Seantrel gives a minimal effort.....the releases to block on a screen.......Seantrel leads the blocking...then completely wiffs on the defender that tackled the ball carrier...I mean.....COMPLETELY wiffs....doesnt even get in front of him to give the runner a chance to make a cut to go one way or the other for more yardage....that play could ahve EASILY been a touchdown

and

Running play to the other side of the line......defender comes through Seantrel's gap of responsibility without Henderson getting a mitt on him and makes the tackle while shady is running side line to sideline.....Henderson totally waste bends....doesnt move his feet and doesnt get there...

Thats not gonna do Seantrel you are way to friggen athletic to allow plays like that to happen......just friggen bad technique and lazy.

He has so much potential.....really need for him to live up to it

I am reviewing my my league pass specifically watching OL play against the colts

What people are saying about Henderson (and to a smaller degree....the rookie Miller) they must improve

I am into the 2nd quarter....a couple of specifically plays.....

Seantrel gives a minimal effort.....the releases to block on a screen.......Seantrel leads the blocking...then completely wiffs on the defender that tackled the ball carrier...I mean.....COMPLETELY wiffs....doesnt even get in front of him to give the runner a chance to make a cut to go one way or the other for more yardage....that play could ahve EASILY been a touchdown

and

Running play to the other side of the line......defender comes through Seantrel's gap of responsibility without Henderson getting a mitt on him and makes the tackle while shady is running side line to sideline.....Henderson totally waste bends....doesnt move his feet and doesnt get there...

Thats not gonna do Seantrel you are way to friggen athletic to allow plays like that to happen......just friggen bad technique and lazy.

He has so much potential.....really need for him to live up to it

If he doesn't put out the effort, Kujo will get a chance to show what he can accomplish

Thanks for the input....can you provide any insight into Wood and Glenn? Typically when vet guys get flagged for 3-4 holds it's the tip of the iceberg

If he doesn't put out the effort, Kujo will get a chance to show what he can accomplish

Thanks for the input....can you provide any insight into Wood and Glenn? Typically when vet guys get flagged for 3-4 holds it's the tip of the iceberg

I gotta be honest...I thought some of those holds they were calling on particularly Glenn were iffy.....that kind of holding happens on every play

One thing totally unrelated.....but gave me smile

Immediately after Karlos WIllaims TD.......the cameras panned to Tyrod Taylor addressing the whole offense it looked like.......and you could tell NOBODY was tuning him out

He truly is the leader of this team

Henderson was awful on Sunday. And he sucked last year too. He may have potential, and might be good one day, but with the offense Roman wants to run, this guy might bring all that crashing down. Why not try to sign Jake Long? Or maybe give Kujo a chance.

Henderson was awful on Sunday. And he sucked last year too. He may have potential, and might be good one day, but with the offense Roman wants to run, this guy might bring all that crashing down. Why not try to sign Jake Long? Or maybe give Kujo a chance.

They gave Kujo a chance and seantrel still beat him.

I saw that too. Made me realize the advantage of having a QB while never started a game he has 4 years experience as opposed ot a rookie coming in. A rookie wouldn't be doing that kind of thing.

One thing totally unrelated.....but gave me smile

Immediately after Karlos WIllaims TD.......the cameras panned to Tyrod Taylor addressing the whole offense it looked like.......and you could tell NOBODY was tuning him out

He truly is the leader of this team

I haven't got around to it yet but my instant reaction watching first time was that Henderson was bad. Especially first half. There were at least three tackles for loss in the backfield that were on him and even Tyrod's TD pass the rusher coming at him from the left was Henderson's man. Henderson just got enough hand on him to give Tyrod time to get the ball out but he had to throw when he did.

I haven't got around to it yet but my instant reaction watching first time was that Henderson was bad. Especially first half. There were at least three tackles for loss in the backfield that were on him and even Tyrod's TD pass the rusher coming at him from the left was Henderson's man. Henderson just got enough hand on him to give Tyrod time to get the ball out but he had to throw when he did.

I just finished taking a look at the all-22 and it is bad. From the looks of it, it looks like a lot of mental errors by both Henderson and Wood. For example, in the first series on 3rd down, the one where Tyrod scrambles, the Colts show blitz but only end up rushing 4. Wood and Ingonito both ignore one of the Colts rusher, it looks like Wood should have picked him up, and let him run free for Ka. Williams to block. The Colts had 4 rushing and the Bills had 6 blocking and still couldn't stop it. Another on a 4 yard loss by McCoy, Henderson shots past the DE to the block the LB, it's a stretch play so the DE easily runs down the line and tackles McCoy for a loss. Langford, the DE Henderson was up against, had a good day.

I haven't seen the All-22 but just from the game itself, there were at least 2 instances when Henderson totally blew his block and looked lost. A couple of thoughts:

- He will have a short leash and Kujo should be chomping at the bit

- The line is very new. No player has played with the one next to him last year. Chemistry cannot be under rated especially on the O Line. I would give it 3-4 games more for them to try and gel. If after that point, we still see penalties from the OLineman on a regular basis, I would start becoming concerned

For now, as with everything positive and positiive, it is way too early to detect trends

Edited by Fan in Chicago

CO_BB1yWgAAMXND.jpg

Exhibit A.

I mean I have never played a snap of the sport in anger but how the hell does one get themselves that out of position?? All Henderson has to do there is keep inside leverage and there is a nice gap for the back to get through and isolate the linebacker (#50) 1v1 in relative space. That could be a big gain. Miller actually did his job really well on that play but Henderson just totally whiffed.

Henderson was bad and Miller is a rookie. Nobody should be surprised, we saw this coming. We begged them to sign a veteran OL and I think they tried but failed. It's a glaring hole on offense that is going to haunt us all season long.

Im more worried about next year though. Glenn is a free agent, Incognito (our only good lineman on Sunday) is good as gone. We are in trouble