TBDAHOT review thread...

JÂy RÛßeÒ

What did you like? Any changes/improvements people would like to suggest?

I didn't like the rain but otherwise DAMN THAT WAS FUN. So great seeing everyone. I absolutely LOVED the parking configuration that gave us a completely private common space. Maybe the rented tent could have been more central. Huge thanks to all who brought pop-up shelters. The community sharing of food and beverages was amazing - such a variety, all so well done. Having a kid walking around at 8 AM with trays of Bloody Marys??? Who does that?!?! :) Also many thanks to those who contributed to the expense fund. I'm not sure what the final accounting was there, but I think we got pretty close to what Hammer said we owed before I left.

Obviously we need to settle the corn questions much sooner in the process.

I only got like 5 or 6 responses on shirts so I obviously did not go ahead with those. Should we even continue to consider those?

Please share your thoughts here and your photos in that thread.

LOVE YOU ALL! Some great memories and stories came out of this one.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll move this to the main board so it is seen by more.

I thought that the setup was great, everyone nearby. The rain didn't come close to dampening the spirit of the day.

I'd like to mention a few things in some particular order.

1. Thanks Scott for giving us this place.
  2. This is 1A...thanks Jay for your work on the group tickets. You get nothing out of it, but, you give non-season ticket holders a great way to see the game. Really appreciate you.
  3. All of the old friends...great seeing you again. For those who didn't make it this year I hope we catch up soon.
  4. All of the new friends...great meeting you and I hope that you make TBDHOT a tradition. (in no particular order CBFGGLeviDrDaurBillsinBurgh...who am I leaving out? I'm old and feeble, forgive me)
  5. Food was outstanding. Stromboli was great as always even if the waiter wasn't as cute as the regular one. FF...thanks for taking over for mead. Big shoes and you filled them well. Mrags...thanks for keeping my belly full. CC...venison and corn was outstanding. JB...the shine was outstanding. JJack...I lost count of how many jello shots I had (Kelly is a keeper)! Googny...thank you for the local brew...
  6. Hammer...thanks for giving us a place to get together. (sorry, I dragged a traffic cone out onto Abbott because I had to get out of my spot sideways. I was pulling over to grab it when a sheriff stopped to pick it up. Hope you got it back.)
  7. Whoever has my chimney...give it a good home, I think I left it sitting by the grill.
  8. At least 20 people came up to me and said the same thing about one particular guy, I'll let you figure out who it was...this is what each one basically said..."how the !@#$ did CC end up with her?"
  9. As great as it was, the game almost played second fiddle, I had that much fun.
  10. Hindsight, Promo, eball...next time please stop by to say hello.
  11. Hopefully Mrs. BB can make it again next year and possible a mini-ball or two.

Want to say thanks to Jay for all the hard work. Had a blast for the few minutes I spent at the tailgate. One of these days we'll get up early enough to make it into the Hammer Lot.

The game was amazing and great to catch up with everyone. Nice to know Beerball is a real person. :)

The way this is looking, will definitely try to make another game trip. BTW, nice to see a bunch of fellow Bills fans all the way back to NJ.

Jay, thanks to you and the team for another great job. I also liked the different car configuration.

I had my kids with me and had to take them to the various sights (RW statue, Bills store and fieldhouse) so I wasn't able to stay long but appreciated everyone's hospitality.

Ken, thanks for the stromboli, Jboyst, thanks for the shine.

When my wife told me the guy in the kilt looked like Robert DeNiro (no kidding), I knew it was time to get out of there.

My only suggestion would be to consider reinstating nametags so it's easier for newcomers to know who's who. I know that takes effort and I'll be there next year to help if needed.

I left a cooler of Molson and Labatts for everyone, but when I picked it up after the game it looked untouched - maybe I should have labelled it or something?

I'll be back this Sunday so if more contributions are needed for the expense fund, let me know.

I'll move this to the main board so it is seen by more.

I thought that the setup was great, everyone nearby. The rain didn't come close to dampening the spirit of the day.

I'd like to mention a few things in some particular order.

• Thanks Scott for giving us this place.
  • This is 1A...thanks Jay for your work on the group tickets. You get nothing out of it, but, you give non-season ticket holders a great way to see the game. Really appreciate you.
  • All of the old friends...great seeing you again. For those who didn't make it this year I hope we catch up soon.
  • All of the new friends...great meeting you and I hope that you make TBDHOT a tradition. (in no particular order CBFGGLeviDrDaurBillsinBurgh...who am I leaving out? I'm old and feeble, forgive me)
  • Food was outstanding. Stromboli was great as always even if the waiter wasn't as cute as the regular one. FF...thanks for taking over for mead. Big shoes and you filled them well. Mrags...thanks for keeping my belly full. CC...venison and corn was outstanding. JB...the shine was outstanding. JJack...I lost count of how many jello shots I had (Kelly is a keeper)! Googny...thank you for the local brew...
  • Hammer...thanks for giving us a place to get together. (sorry, I dragged a traffic cone out onto Abbott because I had to get out of my spot sideways. I was pulling over to grab it when a sheriff stopped to pick it up. Hope you got it back.)
  • Whoever has my chimney...give it a good home, I think I left it sitting by the grill.
  • At least 20 people came up to me and said the same thing about one particular guy, I'll let you figure out who it was...this is what each one basically said..."how the !@#$ did CC end up with her?"
  • As great as it was, the game almost played second fiddle, I had that much fun.
  • Hindsight, Promo, eball...next time please stop by to say hello.
  • Hopefully Mrs. BB can make it again next year and possible a mini-ball or two.
I know I married "up", but do you really have to post this in an open forum where she may really see that she seriously gave up on life too early???? I had to come in the house and read that to her, she is very happy to have made mention in a thread.... I have her back in the kitchen now... Kidding of course... We spoke all the way home about how great of a time this was....

Mrags, you need to start posting again so I can give you the belt- also, you did a killer job cooking!!! Wish you could have gotten around more made fun of that Asian guy with me.

Boyst... You're awesome, even if your "not a date, date" showed up stumbling out of your big manly truck, lol.... I think your hat may actually be more of a whore than you are... Thanks for giving us your meat.... Lol

Gugny- thanks for the brew!!! As I said in the text I sent you, sorry for stealing your growler, but coming home, putting things away and relaxing with Mrs Cletus over a couple glasses of that brown ale was a perfect ending to a perfect day.... I believe you also may have married up, even if it was for a green card... Send my appreciation on to Kim please...

FlutieFlakes- as much as I enjoy busting your balls about being 4 minutes late with the Stromboli, you knocked it out of the park!! Couldn't imagine a better "replacement" for Randy!!! As states before, Zack is a great kid, I hope we have him back again to play catch with- but more importantly to make and delivery the early morning bloody Mary's!!!

Beerball- it was great to "meet" you again!!! Call me crazy, but I never knew you were Tom Celek's brother, maybe I was the only one... We had some great conversation, and I hope you make the trek again this year!!!! Now take care of that warning point!!! Lol

RRich- it was great to see you and PsychoWard86 again!!! We will look for you at the Nashville and Houston Tailgate and make sure that summer sausage makes it way to your freezer!!!

Jay Rubeo- I'm sorry I don't know how to make those fancy squiggley lines to get your name to appear as you do.... Thank you for the group tickets!! Thanks for not being mad that I long of set you up on WGR, but more importantly- thanks for all that you do here and with the FAB for all of Bills nation, you are an important cog that keeps the Buffalo Bills Fan wheel in motion!!!

Paul- thank you for taking your shirt off 26 times to show off that killer tattoo!!! I will soon have one very similar if I can find a competent artist!! Tell Lisa "Thank you" for putting up with me!

CBF- it was great to meet you, and thanks for not ending every sentence in "eh?" You give me hope that one day someone else younger than Christ can be a mod...

Just Jack- thank you for so much.... In no particular order, I would like to thank you for the Roadkill BBQ sauce, just looking for some fresh coon along the highway to apply it to.... Thank

You for the Bills bucks from yesteryear so the bride and I can frame them as we intended years ago when we got our own (that SOMEONE squandered on beer), and most importantly thank you for that shiney belt!!! Originally I wasn't very happy about Mrags deciding to impose a lifetime ban on himself, but by him doing so I was able to be the first TBD member to the TBDAHOT.... The new rules will be posted soon!!! Also- keep that young lady around, I was hesitant to do Jell-O shots from a butt douche syringe, but it worked!!

Hammer- thanks for everything you do... Parking, facilitating... Everything!!!! Your contributions are invaluable to this day, even if you ask me 23 time who i am....

SDS- without what you created, none of this would be here! Thank you so much for what you have dmcreated and maintained!!! It was great to once again BS with you...

Guffalo- even though we didn't get much of an opportunity to talk, I was shocked that your boy lived in china and was fluent in Chinese.... Maybe it's time to send him back to collect a jersey order, make sure they out Super Bowl 50 patches on them!!

BuffaloBill, theesir, and anyone else I haven't mentioned- I'm sorry, but the woman who really screwed up and had my kids is asking me to go to bed- and if you were at the TBDAHOT- you know infant refuse that offer!!! To all that made it and/or contributed, thank you!!! This is by far our favorite game to attend because of what you do!

UPDATE- after a barrage of belittling, degrading and self selling, Mrs Cletus is almost sold that she didn't really marry up that much.... Thanks guys

Edited by CountryCletus

My pop-in was quick and early (sounds about right), but glad to have finally met some folks Ive been meaning to get together with for a while.

Jboyst, Beerball, Gugny, Cletus, Jay, SDS... anyone else I may have met in the flurry of handshakes, moonshine, and Boyst swinging his meat around!

:thumbsup::beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Edited by DrDareustein

My pop-in was quick and early (sounds about right), but glad to have finally met some folks Ive been meaning to get together with for a while.

Jboyst, Beerball, Gugny, Cletus, Jay, SDS... anyone else I may have met in the flurry of handshakes, moonshine, and Boyst swinging his meat around!

:thumbsup::beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Thank you for being (seemingly) the first to not mention my wife, hahahahaha

As much as I enjoyed watching my beloved Bills, I have to admit that I had even more fun before and after the game tailgating with all of you. My son is still talking about it and had an amazing opening day experience that he will never forget.

One memorable moment of many that I wanted to share was when my son came back with two empty containers that were previously filled with blue jello shots. He tells me how delicious they were and could he have some more! It is amazing what goes through your mind at that point and according to others around me, I appeared to be in a state of shock. I then look over and Jack and Kelly are rolling and my son breaks from his acting job and starts to bust up. Great memories for sure! Thanks Jack and you better bring Kelly to the opener next year!

Thank you to all that put this together and make this event possible. It is something that I look forward to and since I started coming a few years back, seems to get better every year!

These really do seem to get better every year. I think it's because of familiarity. That said, name tags would really help. Hitting Boyst's moonshine at 8am doesn't do much for trying to remember 20+ new names/faces!

Perhaps we can do buttons with usernames on them. This way, they can be saved and worn yearly.

I really can't think of anything that could make these better. Everyone who pledged to bring stuff brought it. There was a perfect amount of food/charcoal and Beerball manned the grill nicely. FF and Mrags never stopped working. Thanks, guys.

The parking situation was absolutely perfect.

Thanks to everyone who makes this happen. It's something that Mrs. Gugny and I look forward to more and more each year.

As much as I enjoyed watching my beloved Bills, I have to admit that I had even more fun before and after the game tailgating with all of you. My son is still talking about it and had an amazing opening day experience that he will never forget.

One memorable moment of many that I wanted to share was when my son came back with two empty containers that were previously filled with blue jello shots. He tells me how delicious they were and could he have some more! It is amazing what goes through your mind at that point and according to others around me, I appeared to be in a state of shock. I then look over and Jack and Kelly are rolling and my son breaks from his acting job and starts to bust up. Great memories for sure! Thanks Jack and you better bring Kelly to the opener next year!

Thank you to all that put this together and make this event possible. It is something that I look forward to and since I started coming a few years back, seems to get better every year!

That's awesome story!

Wish I could go two weeks in a row, but just can't.

Sounds like a great time had by all. Hope to see some of you guys this Sunday

Had such a great time!!!

So nice to put a face to so many names!

BB--It was so nice to finally meet you and you were so nice and very hospitable!

Gugny--My family and I loved chatting with you and I told you I wouldnt hug you!!!!

SDS--Thanks for all you do and you know how to rock a Bills hard hat!

Cletus- Thanks for the compliment in your post! and your welcome!!! It was aweosme meeting you!

Jay- You know how to put on a great show!

Boyst--Thanks for introducing me around and for the moonshine! Wow that burned but in a good way! And also made me feel good that I wasnt the only young guy there lol

Jack--Awesome meeting you!

I was blown away by how warm and welcoming everyone was and how generious you all were with your food and drinks!

My dad and brother kept talking about how awesome you guys all were!

If I get home opener tickets next year I will be back for sure!!

Also, the who ever brought the bacon wrapped venison....THANK YOU...omg first time having it and I was in love!! mmmmmmmm

CBF

Boyst--Wow that burned but in a good way! And also made me feel good that I wasnt the only young guy there lol

Also, the who ever brought the bacon wrapped venison....THANK YOU...omg first time having it and I was in love!! mmmmmmmm

CBF

TMI in your first response to JB. !@#$ you to the second.

That wasn't venison it was raccoon & you have CC to thank.

Thank you for being (seemingly) the first to not mention my wife, hahahahaha

i didn't mention her by name.

For being the only person there whining about warning points you get another point.