ESPN: Some doubt LeSean McCoy will be ready for opener

johnwalter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

week 1 they can carry the load, the rest of the season they can pick up the pace and carry the load when needed.

I meant Dixon, not Karlos. Both Dixon and Brown can fill in as a 1-2 punch. I really like Karlos, though. He is going to succeed, the problem is that he's still a rookie and injured so we have to be reasonable with our hopes. Elsewise, I think Karlos, Dixon and Brown can contribute just as much to this team as McCoy can, should McCoy falter.

McCoy, though, I think will not please everyone on this board. Most people here were not exposed to him enough in Phili and only know the hype. He's not AP or Murray. He won't make as many plays as he will highlights, if that makes sense.

McCoy is a complete back, he's not just a highlight reel guy. There's no question he won't please everyone on this board, this board is filled with people who like to have their preconceived biases supported, not refuted. But for the folks who actually are objective, they'll see quickly that Shady is a top 3 back in the NFL for a reason. Not just hype.

So he's a CJ Spiller on steroids? (i.e. consistent with flashes of greatness)

Thats what has been said for a long time.

This is just not true nor an accurate representation of Shady's career. I've watched virtually every carry the guy's made in the NFL. He's nothing like CJ Spiller. Nothing.

(imo)

Edited by GreggyT

McCoy is a complete back, he's not just a highlight reel guy. There's no question he won't please everyone on this board, this board is filled with people who like to have their preconceived biases supported, not refuted. But for the folks who actually are objective, they'll see quickly that Shady is a top 3 back in the NFL for a reason. Not just hype.

This is just not true nor an accurate representation of Shady's career. I've watched virtually every carry the guy's made in the NFL. He's nothing like CJ Spiller. Nothing.

(imo)

I don't know too much about Shady other than he's a slasher and quick (as opposed to an up the gut back I guess). I'll watch a few regular season games and find out I guess.

I feel similarly. Could be deception since they know the QB now!

I don't know about that, Karlos and Bryce both looked great in the first preseason game.

Doesn't really fill me with much hope given the fact that Karlos has been hurt and hasn't played since and Bryce fumbled away our game against KC last year.

I don't know too much about Shady other than he's a slasher and quick (as opposed to an up the gut back I guess). I'll watch a few regular season games and find out I guess.

Shady knows how to set up blocks and is a very instinctive cut back runner. CJ is very often impatient and is thus prone relying on his great speed by bouncing outside on too many carries.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Karlos is going to be a stud.

You gleaned all this from his one pre season game against Carolina where he rushed 14 times for 40 yards a 2.9 yard per carry average, or perhaps his exploded testicle?

we won't be running much anyhow. the Colts are going to throw the ball 50 times (mostly at Darby). we will be playing catch up and i'm expecting a high scoring affair. bet the over. so much for ground n pound!

Lord that's a scary thought.

I think the Bills are 95% sure McCoy will be ready week 1 (I hope so, I have him in fantasy and although I can swap him out for Doug Martin I would prefer not to in a PPR league). But that doesn't mean that the 5% chance he won't be isn't something the Bills won't have a small concern over.