Ravens React to Tyrod Taylor Winning Bills Starting Job

I posted this in the Tyrod as starter thread before I saw this one, so here's a re-post:

------------

I suppose I don't really follow this sort of thing league-wide, but wow, how cool is it that Tyrod's former teammates and coaches have been so vocal in congratulating him on his opportunity to start in Buffalo? This tells me a couple of things:

1 -- he's a great locker room guy and leader

2 -- he might be really, really good

For a QB like Tyrod who was known more for his running than passing in college (despite some gaudy passing stats), there is no question he has benefited from being in a great organization like Baltimore for four years and learning the QB "craft" behind a steady performer like Flacco. It's actually the blueprint for how one would ideally like to develop a talented but raw QB.

Sort of a tangent from this topic, I'd really like to see EJ sit for another year as the #2, and next summer we might see a "real" QB competition between two high level guys.

Anyway, super excited to see what Tyrod brings to the regular season.

Nice of his old teammates to send him congrats and well wishes. It's a good sign that they thought well enough of him to do so. Taylor has some huge leaps to make in the coming weeks and months. Preseason to regular season, early regular season to the grind of midseason, to the intensity of a late season playoff push and finally to the pressure of playoffs. It'll be fun to watch him grow (I hope) and while it is a lot to ask of him, it could be a magical run if the Bills have caught lightning in a bottle with him.

I posted this in the Tyrod as starter thread before I saw this one, so here's a re-post:

------------

I suppose I don't really follow this sort of thing league-wide, but wow, how cool is it that Tyrod's former teammates and coaches have been so vocal in congratulating him on his opportunity to start in Buffalo? This tells me a couple of things:

1 -- he's a great locker room guy and leader

2 -- he might be really, really good

For a QB like Tyrod who was known more for his running than passing in college (despite some gaudy passing stats), there is no question he has benefited from being in a great organization like Baltimore for four years and learning the QB "craft" behind a steady performer like Flacco. It's actually the blueprint for how one would ideally like to develop a talented but raw QB.

Sort of a tangent from this topic, I'd really like to see EJ sit for another year as the #2, and next summer we might see a "real" QB competition between two high level guys.

Anyway, super excited to see what Tyrod brings to the regular season.

It's never easy to say what the backup can do unless he has significant playing time. It was never the case where Flacco was hurt or ineffective enough that Taylor got enough playing time to give anyone a sample of what he can do. But considering every Ravens player was happy for him, it tells me he's a well-liked guy in the locker room and likely one that can be a leader. We know he has the talent.

As for EJ, I don't know anymore. The intent is to have Taylor be the guy for the immediate future, so why would we want EJ to win the job back? I haven't seen the "it" factor that elite QBs have in EJ since his rookie season.