Some redemption for Incognito? Jonathan Martin opens up

Reading the BR article out today it is clear that Martin has led a very sad life and that he is an extremely troubled and insecure person. He contemplated and attempted suicide on numerous occasions.

I am not without empathy for Martin, but it is clear that this now retired player is not someone who was capable of dealing with normal life pressures. Of course, a career in professional sports means a great deal more pressure.

Incognito's life and career were almost ruined by the accusations and fallout. To me, the article, Martin's words especially, put things into better perspective and made me understand more fully why so many in the Dolphins' locker room supported Richie.

Edited by Mister Defense

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Social anxiety pushed to it's limits because of his situation.

I think it is a little redeeming for Incognito. He misread Martin, but according to Martin himself, people were misreading him since childhood.

Edited by LeGOATski

Incognito's reputation preceded the Martin situation and this doesn't excuse the texts and voicemails that were the basis of the investigation. So no.

You mean the ones that were taken out of context by a media looking for a juicy story and blindly swallowed by a segment of the fan base thirsty for outrage?

You mean the ones that were taken out of context by a media looking for a juicy story and blindly swallowed by a segment of the fan base thirsty for outrage?

...and who apparently still want to cling to the narrative no matter how obvious it is now that Martin's issues are a lifetime in the making.

Yeah, because taking a baseball bat to your Ferrari is the mature, level-headed response to the situation most would have.

In all honesty, when I read the Martin Wells report my first thought was that Incognito needed the mental health help as much as Martin did. I hope they both get that help.

Yeah, because taking a baseball bat to your Ferrari is the mature, level-headed response to the situation most would have.

In all honesty, when I read the Martin Wells report my first thought was that Incognito needed the mental health help as much as Martin did. I hope they both get that help.

Huh? I never claimed he was mature or level headed. I just called bull **** on this "bullying" thing.

Incognito ENDURED through some major road blocks in the future of his football career.

Martin gave up

Which player do you think showed mental strength??

Come on guys this isn't about EJ. Both Martin and incognito have life altering impact from this. At least pretend to have a little compassion for both of them. They are both physically imposing but it does not mean that they do not have real issues.

Reading the BR article out today it is clear that Martin has led a very sad life and that he is an extremely troubled and insecure person. He contemplated and attempted suicide on numerous occasions.

I am not without empathy for Martin, but it is clear that this now retired player is not someone who was capable of dealing with normal life pressures. Of course, a career in professional sports means a great deal more pressure.

Incognito's life and career were almost ruined by the accusations and fallout. To me, the article, Martin's words especially, put things into better perspective and made me understand more fully why so many in the Dolphins' locker room supported Richie.

The martin incident is hardly the defining moment of incognitos football career. And that is Going way back. Martin could of dealt with it better for sure. Myself Incognito is still and always will be a known "dirty player" and a tool. The oline needed help, okay he is here. its like saying Conrad Dobler was a nice guy because he played for the Bills when he was older. he still sucked IMO. many players,and fans have zero respect for incognito. Ask Dareus. Incognito's life is what he made it not The Martin incident. Painting in any other way is not fair to that POS.

Incognito's reputation preceded the Martin situation and this doesn't excuse the texts and voicemails that were the basis of the investigation. So no.

I read way too many of their back and forth texts and if you had read any of them with context, you would not still hold this opinion.

I tried to cut and paste the link on the post and then to use the link thing at the bottom. Both times it said that you cannot link to that site (Bleacher Report). But I see the link added above: how do you add the link? (For future reference.)

Oh, yeah - now I remember reading on here that BR can't be linked here.