Send Your Complaints to WGR Advertisers

ToGoGo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are always complaints no matter what. So why would a company pull their add from the most highly rated radio station in Buffalo to put it on a message board where the majority people using the web use ad blocking software?

I don't see a single ad on this forum and never will.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I'm hearing a lot of "don't bother trying", instead of "I've tried that and it doesn't work".

because common sense says if there are listeners then there are going to be advertisers

these advertisers do not give a rats ass about your opinion of an opinionated talk show, all they care about is if there are people listening

WGR has done nothing wrong besides post opinions that you disagree with.. and look further to Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern who rake in advertising $$$ and say things that are off the chart offensive

the only thing you or anyone else can do is to stop listening !!! you can not continue to listen you must shut off WGR

Edited by Snorom

I'm hearing a lot of "don't bother trying", instead of "I've tried that and it doesn't work".

I tried explaining to you that it doesn't work the way you're suggesting. I'm not telling you to quit our dream, I'm just telling you to go about it a different way.

If your dream was to be the CEO of GEICO, I would tell you to not bother mailing them your resume everyday. I wouldn't tell you to quit trying, just that particular method.

because common sense says if there are listeners then there are going to be advertisers

these advertisers do not give a rats ass about your opinion of an opinionated talk show, all they care about is if there are people listening

WGR has done nothing wrong besides post opinions that you disagree with.. and look further to Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern who rake in advertising $$$ and say things that are off the chart offensive

the only thing you or anyone else can do is to stop listening !!!

The bolded is all you can do really. Ratings/listeners hearing their ads are the only thing that matters.

The ironic thing is by the OP posting this thread he is actually doing a service to WGR.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I don't see a single ad on this forum and never will.

Thanks.

FYI, although I have managed to reduce costs with the recent server change - It still costs me over $2500 to host this website, paid for by advertisers. In previous years I was paying $4k+ per year. Think about that before you publicly gloat about using resources for free.

If all the people in OC's thread would send an email to an advertiser, Schopp would be out the door before the day is out.

Please refrain from co-opting my thread.

I don't agree with boycotts, and I never will. My old signature was something along the lines of "You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mock you mercilessly for it". We shouldn't be looking to kill piss poor free speech. Instead, we should be looking to come back at it with better free speech.

Schopp has a God-given, not man-given, right to free speech. Or, if you're not into the whole God thing: man isn't allowed to take away rights, merely because they don't like what others do with them. That's what inalienable means.

Boycotts are an attack on free speech. Period. The object of a boycott is to either remove the speech we don't like, or the speaker.

That's crap.

I don't live in town, but when my sports radio channel starts going off in strange directions, I change it. For those of you with Sirrius, try their NFL talk. And Bill Polian is on channel 88 every night at 7pm (apparently, heard an ad for it and haven't had the chance to listen yet).

Station is garbage, has the feel of a bunch of kids talking from their mother's basement. Stopped listening sometime ago. If you don't like it, don't listen. Hopefully they upgrade the station at some point, and get some real personalities in there. Jmo

I don't live in town, but when my sports radio channel starts going off in strange directions, I change it. For those of you with Sirrius, try their NFL talk. And Bill Polian is on channel 88 every night at 7pm (apparently, heard an ad for it and haven't had the chance to listen yet).

The Sirius NFL talk is pretty bad most of the time but you know what? I still listen to it on occasion.

I'm hearing a lot of this:

"You're just letting them know you're listening so you'll just encourage them"

and

"Just stop listening"

If anybody has complained to customer service and gone up the ladder to supervisors and managers, etc. you know that the higher up you go, the more you get what you want. You might think that advertisers will like that people complain about who they're supporting, but if people start judging the advertiser negatively for it, they will threaten to drop out. That's why so many advertisers dropped Tiger Woods for cheating or any other celebrity who said something politically incorrect.

Radio is not a customer service industry. Their only mandate it to keep your attention.

Thanks.

FYI, although I have managed to reduce costs with the recent server change - It still costs me over $2500 to host this website, paid for by advertisers. In previous years I was paying $4k+ per year. Think about that before you publicly gloat about using resources for free.

Is there a way I could send you a round of pizza logs for your trouble?