Deonte Thompson or Chris Hogan?

pbanach

find a clip in a regular season game where Goodwin drops a ball...there are none. Goodwin is faster too....yes brittle...but better

Find a clip where he catches the ball...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find a clip in a regular season game where Goodwin drops a ball...there are none. Goodwin is faster too....yes brittle...but better

Like 1/10th of a second faster. Means nothing. Hard to find tape of Goodwin. Too often missing in action. Despite his skill set he's useless unless he can stay healthy and he does not seem to be able to do that.

Having said that I dont disagree about Goodwin making the team (tho I fear they may live to regret it and possibly soon enuf). As for Thompson I think they are trying to move him for a player, maybe LB or O-line. One reason they are trying to trade him is because, and I'm going out on a limb here, they have decided, rightly IMO, that Davis is a keeper who makes the final 53. The other reason is that he wouldn't stay there if he made it at all, because somebody would claim him just like the Bills did from the Ravens. And they may also feel that he has earned his opportunity to make a roster somewhere.

Davis has decent size and despite his slow 40 is a genuine vertical threat because he gains separation through his breaks and has really good hands. Bills don't have much of that on their roster. Dez Lewis is headed to the PS where he belongs ( I would not be too quick to discount him because he maybe just needs to acclimate to the big stage/step up in competition. We need to be patient with him to reap rewards down the line).

bb.com has them for you. Hyperbole much? He obviously has catches and TDs in the regular season. He only had one catch last year, we get it. But he had a decent rookie year as a 3rd-4th WR.

the jets game highlights are a good place to start, when with our starting WRs being he and graham, and chandler at TE, and a rookie at QB he was 6 catches, including a deep ball, and notched a TD.

5 of 18 catches being 20+ yards is nice too, as a starting off point.

Edited by NoSaint

Yeah we were all holding our breath when he limped off the field.

True, I did too, but he came back and finished the game strong. He's got the "injury prone" label -- I think it's unwarranted personally, but I get where it comes from. This camp he's been healthy and making plays. I'm not sure how anyone watching objectively could argue he's been too injured or hasn't performed well enough to make the team. He has, and he's a lock if he remains healthy for these last two games.

I really like DT and he seems to have chemistry with TT which will be important if he starts. They probably developed that from their days with the Ravens 2nd team offense.

I don't dislike Hogan. I don't really want to cut him. But I think I'd rather have Thompson.

same here. like them both, but would keep Thompson if it was one or the other. Also really like Andre Davis.

I do think there is a chance that Easley isn't the lock we all presumed at the start of camp. If they have 6 very talented receivers they want to keep and they decide that the other ST guys they have can cover the gunner job then maybe he goes. I'd keep him... but I don't think it is an absolute certainty anymore that they do.

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Hogan

Thompson

Goodwin

PS: Davis

Later Easley

If they're intent on keeping Thompson, then this is the only scenario that makes sense. They may also, in fact, put Easley on IR-DTR, though I think they'd ideally like to save that spot for someone critical getting injured during the season.

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Hogan

Thompson

Goodwin

PS: Davis

Later Easley

easley cashed a check for a nice little bonus and has guaranteed money that is new from this offseason. hes not going anywhere, unless they are blown away by both DT and Hogan

When Rex says he's had calls concerning Thompson but that he's not letting him go for nothing to me he is saying to the league that Thompson is in fact on the block but he wants a player or pick.

Bills were not good in the redzone. Davis is a good redzone target, as we have seen - tracks the ball very well and wins the battles for contested balls.

Trying to park him on the PS won't work IMO. Same as Thompson, except that Davis is the better prospect.

When Rex says he's had calls concerning Thompson but that he's not letting him go for nothing to me he is saying to the league that Thompson is in fact on the block but he wants a player or pick.

That is exactly what he was doing. It was a "if you like this guy don't bank on getting him on waivers because there will be competition - give Doug a call." Why else would you specifically mention getting calls about that one player.

That is exactly what he was doing. It was a "if you like this guy don't bank on getting him on waivers because there will be competition - give Doug a call." Why else would you specifically mention getting calls about that one player.

I wonder if the Bills came turn one of those WR into a TE via trade? Just thinking out loud but if they want to use a lot of TEs they could stand to improve the position.

Yeah and he's addressing it to those teams that might want Thompson but are too far down the list re waivers if he's cut or don't want to compete with other teams to poach if he is on the PS (assuming he's still eligible).