Dungy adjusted to Patriots bugging lockerroom

I'm listening to The Dan Patrick Show, and Tony Dungy says that ex-Patriot players told him to be careful what he says in the lockerroom at Gillette. I was blown away by this. DP followed up with a great question, asking Dungy if he treated the NE lockerroom different than any other NFL team. Dungy said yes! He watched what he said.

What's the league rule on this sort of thing? I'm sure there's something...

When the podcast is up for today's show, you can listen to it. It's in the second hour.

http://www.danpatrick.com/dp-podcasts/

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know when the constant Pats** apologists are going to finally wake up and see this POS organization for what it is rather than defending the "genius" of Belichick. They're a lying, cheating, win-at-all-costs trash heap. Steal opponents' signals. Tape their practices. Bug their locker room. Deflate the footballs so your team doesn't fumble as much.

At some point it ceases to be "sour grapes" from opposing fans...

Cue up the "Dungy is just jealous" Pats** apologists.

Same team over and over and over and over again.

It starts at the top and I think Kraft is as shady as they come.

Cue up the "Dungy is just jealous" of the Pats** apologists.

GO BILLS!!!

Cue up the "Dungy is just jealous" Pats** apologists.

Same team over and over and over and over again.

It starts at the top and I think Kraft is as shady as they come.

Cue up the "Dungy is just jealous" of the Pats** apologists.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah but only 42% of the players think they cheat! That's not even half!

I'd like to know when the constant Pats** apologists are going to finally wake up and see this POS organization for what it is rather than defending the "genius" of Belichick. They're a lying, cheating, win-at-all-costs trash heap. Steal opponents' signals. Tape their practices. Bug their locker room. Deflate the footballs so your team doesn't fumble as much.

At some point it ceases to be "sour grapes" from opposing fans...

It's really true. They are total scumbags and it's way more than gamesmanship and every team does it and all the other bull **** excuses. They cheat. Repeatedly. There are endless accusations. Dungy is not the kind of guy to bad mouth an organization for no reason. Maybe this really is the NFL saying enough is enough.

on a semi-related note, didnt the saints have a similar accusation against them a couple years ago? i think after investigation it was decided that the employee was bitter with how he was treated and it wasnt true, but i really only vaguely remember the results of it.

I faced this problem in a professional setting. There are very accurate devices team security can use to detect and find such bugs. If this problem is real, which I don't doubt, the suspecting team should do what it can to uncover it.

on a semi-related note, didnt the saints have a similar accusation against them a couple years ago? i think after investigation it was decided that the employee was bitter with how he was treated and it wasnt true, but i really only vaguely remember the results of it.

Not sure about that one but this report is plural, as in players told Dungy, not player.

Granted, several Patriot players were miffed by how they were treated. ;)

Micky Loomis could apparently eavesdrop on visiting coaches and he was doing for a couple years I believe. The Saints installed the device in 2000 and it was suppose to be for listening to his own coaches or something but he had it switched to visiting coaches when he took over in 2002. I can't remember the whole story.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Micky Loomis could apparently eavesdrop on visiting coaches and he was doing for a couple years I believe. The Saints installed the device in 2000 and it was suppose to be for listening to his own coaches or something but he had it switched to visiting coaches when he took over in 2002. I can't remember the whole story.

but it never materialized into anything substantiated after the investigation, correct?

it just came to mind.

This wiki blurb says state police investigated the allegation for four months and found nothing to support it, which means nothing of course.

In April 2012, ESPN's Outside the Lines reported allegations that Loomis had an illegal eavesdropping device that allowed him to listen to real-time playcalls of opposing coaches during the 2002-2004 seasons.[5] Loomis denied the allegation, calling the report "absolutely false",[6] and in August 2012, the Louisiana State Police announced that a four-month investigation had found no evidence to corroborate the allegations.[7]