Something wierd happening with my Direct TV box and TV

I dont think this started happening immediately but am just taking notice of it now

- Periodically I noticed that the the little "HDMI" notice of what type of connection the TV has would pop up at the corner of my tv.......but the signal wasnt lost and movie kept playing with no distruption so I took no notice of it

- I turned on my TV last night and now my tv wont keep its signal........screen goes to black and says "no signal" .....not the Direct TV notice of no signal but the tv notice of no signal.

- I mess with the direct TV box pressing the reset button......pressing the guide button on the main box....etc etc......things will come up on the TV for a few moments then it will go back to the black screen saying no signal.

Any thoughts?

I dont think this started happening immediately but am just taking notice of it now

- Periodically I noticed that the the little "HDMI" notice of what type of connection the TV has would pop up at the corner of my tv.......but the signal wasnt lost and movie kept playing with no distruption so I took no notice of it

- I turned on my TV last night and now my tv wont keep its signal........screen goes to black and says "no signal" .....not the Direct TV notice of no signal but the tv notice of no signal.

- I mess with the direct TV box pressing the reset button......pressing the guide button on the main box....etc etc......things will come up on the TV for a few moments then it will go back to the black screen saying no signal.

Any thoughts?

Yes...mine doesn't go black it turns to blue.... take the remote hit the input button...scroll down to the HDMI2 and choose it...it should restore. Mine does this all the time. Thank heavens it did it the first time when the 30 year old tech savvy son was home. Edited by CowgirlsFan

Yes...mine doesn't go black it turns to blue.... take the remote hit the input button...scroll down to the HDMI2 and choose it...it should restore. Mine does this all the time. Thank heavens it did it the first time when the 30 year old tech savvy son was home.

Yeah I am attempting do that it isnt working. Although I do need to change the batteries in the remote...:)

Did you pay your Scientology dues?

LOL.....they dont take your money they take your soul

Any thoughts?

Pay your bill on time.

Don't be to hard on yourself....that wasn't what officially made you dense.... :lol:

LOL......I think this officially makes me dense.....

Today with more light I changed the res on the Direct TV box to 720P (I dont know how it got changed)

Whaaaalaaa......I have TV again