80 yard FG?

Just saw this video of a college guy doing this in practice.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2521368-texas-longhorns-k-nick-rose-nails-80-yard-field-goal-at-practice?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Wondering if it's legit. Hang time is only ~3.6 seconds (I wouldn't think you could kick a ball ~85 yds w/o more time) & you don't see the start of his approach (ie he could be taking more than the 3 steps you'd have time for in a FG attempt). Sounds/looks like there's also some wind, but nothing tremendous.

Anybody know anything about Nick Rose? Is this legit or is it doctored?

Please do not try out in the AFCE. (We have our kicker.)

Lol, I'm too old and not consistent enough...inside 40 yards I'm pretty much money tho...then again we are playing with High School uprights, so its pretty hard to miss, haha

My brother was a pretty good kicker. Went to some camps for it when he was being recruited. I watched a high school kid hit a 70 yarder at one of the camps, so this doesn't surprise me. There's no OL or rush to go over, so it's much easier to hit because you can just strike for distance. There was also a pretty good amount of wind which helps the kid in the video. Either way, it's impressive.

When you are going for distance, you generally are going for a 45 degree angle which maximizes distance. You can't do that when you have people like Marcel Dareus jumping up trying to block it. Then you generally have to go for a ~60 degree angle which significantly reduces your distance.

Yeah, with the trajectory needed for such a long FG, chances are high it would be easily blocked.

And the long snapper would have to sleep on his side for a week. No defense required.