Wouldnt it be great if Kujo ended up working out!

I am sure im not the only one thinking about it......I know that Henderson despite his ups and downs last year ended up being ok for a starter (coaching last year should have given him more help)

But lets face it......2nd round draft pick offensive linemen that fail are HUGE losses.........when you take a chance on a OT at that slot they have to hit......or else your left scrambling and not feeling good about your O line situation at all........there was so much talk about how if Kujo was not a second round pick he would have been straight cut last year

fast forward to now

The feeling about Kujo from last year to now appears to be night and day.....articles are coming out about the turnaround.....the camp he went to in the offseason....being in better shape.....more focus...immediately getting 1st team reps in OTA's

Its almost as if Roman (and the OL coach) have said "yes you were not handled correctly in your rookie year.....and we are here to change that"

Lets face it.......the best thing that could happen for this team is for Kujo to turn into a solid RT for this team.......

and....thank god we did not cut him after a horrible first year.

I'm with you JfH, it would absolutely be a great thing if Kujo becomes a solid contributor, if not starter, for this team. I'm excited to see if he can take this positive momentum while in shorts and carry it into live action with pads in August.

I could be totally off base on this.....but when the pads go on is when a guy like Kujo should actually shine (even more so then a guy like Henderson.....who is much more of an athlete)

Kujo's strength should really be evident at that time.....as should Cordy Glenn's for that matter

Before last season I had great visions of a Glenn LT/Kujo RT offensive line blowing teams off the ball.......it could still happen.

Yes it would be great if Kujo works out. It would also be a big indictment of last years coaching staff.

The coaching sucked, but it's also very possible that he is one of those players that needs to develop before being a productive NFL player. A lot of times teams will draft players not for the year they are drafted, but for a couple years down the road.

The coaching sucked, but it's also very possible that he is one of those players that needs to develop before being a productive NFL player. A lot of times teams will draft players not for the year they are drafted, but for a couple years down the road.

I remember an interview with Kujo right after he was drafted on TV where he looked genuinely pissed that he was not a 1st round selection.

I was SO SURE that he was going to come into last season with a chip on his shoulder.......then.....last season happened for him.

We're also assuming that Kujo couldn't have been useful last year. Obviously he was a mess in TC. But it is possible that he was making strides in practice all year long and Marrone was blind to it.

Marrone was not quick to make adjustments of any kind on the O-Line. He was the last person to realize that Urbik was better than Cyril Richardson. He stuck with Pears the entire season.

I do think that coaches at all levels allow for competition up until a certain point in the season. Then, while they keep giving lip service to the idea of competition, they aren't using practice to evaluate positional battles any longer. Kujo could have been a victim of that because Whaley's comments last fall indicated that he was developing.

Yes it would be great if Kujo works out. It would also be a big indictment of last years coaching staff.

Maybe, maybe not indictment. The pre-draft gouge on Kujo was that he relied on physical talent, more than technique. Reportedly Marrone and Co. evaluated him as a "waist bender" which will get you beat in the NFL.

It could be that Kujo either physically couldn't make the shift to bending low at the knees (still rehabbing from some knee procedure?) or that his head wasn't in the right place to buy in "this is how you have to play at the NFL level".

Or he wasn't properly coached what to do, just criticized, that's a possiblity too.

I think I recall the talking heads saying something along the lines of Kujo being a high upside guy that was very raw and young (new) to football. I am quite certain that given that- the coaching staff would have never it him, I am pretty sure they knew what they were getting when they drafted him. I'm just glad that he appears to have the motivation and drive to do what he needs to do in order to be successful

I gotta give credit to the Bills' training staff, but most of it should go to Kouandjio himself. We forget he was just 20 years old when drafted and had signs of arthritic knees to boot. He was absolutely clueless and lost all of last season and Marrone and Co. didn't do him any favors when he didn't immediately impress upon arrival. They did little to nurture his confidence to say the least.

I can't put too much stock into any of these reports until they get the pads on in camp, but it's obvious he has matured over last season. He fully bought into the regimen prescribed and accepted the challenge. That speaks well of the kid.

GO BILLS!!!

to answer the query ...Hell Yes it would be.

I am delighted he is getting some good light upon him now.

as Chris Heff has mentioned about coaching.

I am very keen on this theory and will pay close attention to those rookies and even Glenn Urbik and Wood as to how they play the game this year.

By all reports this kid was just not ready to play mentally. And that is despite coming from Alabama and about as professional a college team can get.

If he starts at RT or RG that is a huge upgrade. Henderson is the perfect swing tackle. If Henderson is what he was coming out of HS, then he beats out Glenn for LT and Glenn becomes a ProBowl LG. Then pencil in the rookie at RG. Let Incognito go so he doesn't poison everything along with C. Williams.

Next year draft a true center.

Not necessarily...he has been working his @ss off at a Offensive Lineman camp this offseason run by LeCharles Bentley. He admitted last year that perhaps he wasn't mentally prepared to endure the rigors of an NFL season and really went about his business in a professional manner this offseason. Hard not to pull for a kid who realizes his shortcomings then works his butt off to fix them.

I don't know about working out, but I have heard that he does pilates in a banana hammock.

(i considered posting a visual, but decided against it)

As a complete gymrat who has been into heavy lifting for quite some time, I have to say pilates and yoga are definitely an eye-opener for me. My trainer has me doing Pilates on Saturday morning and Yoga on Sunday morning and I hate both days, lol

That stuff is HARD!!

+1 Why does it always have to be someone else's fault? Everyone has the opportunity to change and improve. He's only a second year player, and admitted he didn't have a good approach to his rookie year!

I am sure im not the only one thinking about it......I know that Henderson despite his ups and downs last year ended up being ok for a starter (coaching last year should have given him more help)

But lets face it......2nd round draft pick offensive linemen that fail are HUGE losses.........when you take a chance on a OT at that slot they have to hit......or else your left scrambling and not feeling good about your O line situation at all........there was so much talk about how if Kujo was not a second round pick he would have been straight cut last year

fast forward to now

The feeling about Kujo from last year to now appears to be night and day.....articles are coming out about the turnaround.....the camp he went to in the offseason....being in better shape.....more focus...immediately getting 1st team reps in OTA's

Its almost as if Roman (and the OL coach) have said "yes you were not handled correctly in your rookie year.....and we are here to change that"

Lets face it.......the best thing that could happen for this team is for Kujo to turn into a solid RT for this team.......

and....thank god we did not cut him after a horrible first year.

I was never too worried about Kujo...Not yet at least...He and Henderson were Rookies last year...I really don't fault any kid for a bad Rookie year, especially at certain positions...Some guys just take a little longer...It's sort of the same theory I have about EJ...It's not that I have been completely thrilled with what I've seen...But there's not enough evidence to convict either...These 2 young OT's have the potential...And I agree about it being a best-case-scenario seeing Kujo pan out...It gives them insurance if Glenn gets crazy money elsewhere...And the 2nd Round Pick thing is a very big deal... B-)