Jon Stewart on Tom Brady...EPIC

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Miller's impossibly obscure references that no one in the audience gets but still laughs at are always a real hoot. How you can be anywhere on the political spectrum and not recognize Stewart's place as the greatest political satirist of our time is beyond me. Oh well.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Oh it already did when Dwight in Philly, our resident blames-Obama-for-spilling-nacho-cheese-on-his-own-pants Republican, said he doesn't like Jon Stewart. Seriously, who doesn't like Jon Stewart? Saying a dude will be missed should not be a point of contention. And more important than politics, I think it's been agreed upon that calling someone a GOAT simply does not work as a complimentary acronym.

I'm sure there are people out there that don't like Jon Stewart. Why would that be so shocking?

Personally, I think Stewart is pretty funny. I don't take him that seriously when it comes to politics, because I see him as just a comedian.

I don't care for Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell. It's not that I don't like them as people, I just don't find them to be all that funny.

i know, but why will he be missed? i would submit that is a matter of opinion, i really do not find him particularly funny. IMHO

I rarely listen to John Stewart and find him irrelevant, however I do like to post on internet message boards about him.

(first)

i just said, again, that i do not find jon stewart funny, not sure how you draw a political equation into it.. i also do not think carrottop is funny either.

Dwight i just dont understand your take on Carrottop. why do you feel you need to continue to shove your political and personal agenda down everyones ones throats all the time?

any one who does not find Jon stewart hilarious is just wrong. i saw a show many years ago. and i laughed. you should too.

/

I'm sure there are people out there that don't like Jon Stewart. Why would that be so shocking?

Personally, I think Stewart is pretty funny. I don't take him that seriously when it comes to politics, because I see him as just a comedian.

I don't care for Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell. It's not that I don't like them as people, I just don't find them to be all that funny.

sandler and ferrell are annoying to me. i have never once laughed.

crazy huh ?

i just said, again, that i do not find jon stewart funny, not sure how you draw a political equation into it.. i also do not think carrottop is funny either.

Your original statement was "why?", referring to why Stewart will be missed. That is a trollish statement to make even if you personally don't find him funny, because you must be aware of how many other people do. Therefore the idea that you are not aware of why he will be missed must be treated with a high degree of skepticism.

That's a pretty hard set of statements to reconcile. All of Stewart's best material is political satire, and his entire show / career has been driven and enabled by the... questionable... actions and statements coming from a certain political party. And that one television network. In a time when so many other media sources have been cowed by decades of whining about so-called bias, Stewart is appreciated for his willingness to criticize when people say or do things that don't make any sense. The jester is the wisest man in the kingdom, as they say.

Edited by SoFFacet

Oh it already did when Dwight in Philly, our resident blames-Obama-for-spilling-nacho-cheese-on-his-own-pants Republican, said he doesn't like Jon Stewart. Seriously, who doesn't like Jon Stewart? Saying a dude will be missed should not be a point of contention. And more important than politics, I think it's been agreed upon that calling someone a GOAT simply does not work as a complimentary acronym.

I don't care for Stewart. I think he is cheesy and filthy at best. I also am not a Obama fan. I also am a registered Republican. Awight

I wasn't a fan of Jay Leno's Tonight Show, but I don't doubt for a second that he's missed. "Not understanding" why the immensely popular and successful Jon Stewart will be missed upon retirement from the Daily Show is a pretty big red flag that something else is at play than comedy criticism--- especially when it comes from a poster known for loudly espousing conservative political takes when unnecessary.

I wasn't a fan of Jay Leno's Tonight Show, but I don't doubt for a second that he's missed. "Not understanding" why the immensely popular and successful Jon Stewart will be missed upon retirement from the Daily Show is a pretty big red flag that something else is at play than comedy criticism--- especially when it comes from a poster known for loudly espousing conservative political takes when unnecessary.

?

I'm a straight, white, republican male. How else can I piss you off? By not caring for Stewart? Really? Some of you people are crazy. The thing I don't like about him is that politics is his thing, yet when somebody proves his crazy ideas wrong...he hides behind "this is just comedy". You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Yet, he is the source for "news" for a lot of the youth today.

Having said that...this was a kinda entertaining

Your original statement was "why?", referring to why Stewart will be missed. That is a trollish statement to make even if you personally don't find him funny, because you must be aware of how many other people do. Therefore the idea that you are not aware of why he will be missed must be treated with a high degree of skepticism.

That's a pretty hard set of statements to reconcile. All of Stewart's best material is political satire, and his entire show / career has been driven and enabled by the... questionable... actions and statements coming from a certain political party. And that one television network. In a time when so many other media sources have been cowed by decades of whining about so-called bias, Stewart is appreciated for his willingness to criticize when people say or do things that don't make any sense. The jester is the wisest man in the kingdom, as they say.

dude. that is pretty good stuff right there

I don't care for Stewart. I think he is cheesy and filthy at best. I also am not a Obama fan. I also am a registered Republican. Awight

hater

I'm a straight, white, republican male. How else can I piss you off? By not caring for Stewart? Really? Some of you people are crazy. The thing I don't like about him is that politics is his thing, yet when somebody proves his crazy ideas wrong...he hides behind "this is just comedy". You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Yet, he is the source for "news" for a lot of the youth today.

Having said that...this was a kinda entertaining

good post : )

i know, but why will he be missed? i would submit that is a matter of opinion, i really do not find him particularly funny. IMHO

Relax. The guy is a riot!

Plus one.

So you hate redheads too? Man, you're history's greatest monster.

I hardly agree with Stewart on many things, but the guy is brilliant and funny and that was a great piece, period. And he's absolutely right about Fred Astaire.

This is where I am with him. I hate Bill Maher, but I think Jon Stewart is great, even thought I'm Republican.

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Usually, humor is subjective.

However, Jon Stewart is objectively funny. Fox News and its country music audience are often the butt of his jokes, however, so hence the assumption that perhaps your statement that you don't find him funny might have to do with his politics...