IT jobs in WNY?

gomper

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love an it job. I could be a policeman. Or a butcher. Whatever it is I could be it. But she needs to pinpoint exactly what "it" is she wants to do. I was a postal service carrier for 60+ years. It served me good. Good luck.

IT stands for Information Technology. He wants to work with computers, Howard.

Not willing to work with a head hunter?

She might be. She really is all about what works for her. She's an ace and it kills me to see the lengths she goes to in the non-profit sector. They have no clue how good she really is. So, any help would be awesome.

She might be. She really is all about what works for her. She's an ace and it kills me to see the lengths she goes to in the non-profit sector. They have no clue how good she really is. So, any help would be awesome.

Just bumping. Any ideas?

So she has decided not to get in contact with a head hunter? Seems to me that would be her best options.

She's down with a head hunter. I guess in her view, it comes to whether the bump in salary offsets the time off in non-profit. 35 hr work week, 9 weeks vaca, etc. I just know she is waaaayyy undervalued for her skill set. Frustrates me.....and her, because she really is an ace.

If you're searching online, limit the searches to Indeed.com and LinkedIn. Indeed has all postings from Monster, CareerBuilder and other, smaller, sites that don't refresh often. Indeed refreshes more frequently than any of the others. LinkedIn jobs are not normally posted on Indeed.com, which is why I recommend the separate search.

Glassdoor is good for job searches, but better to get company insight, including former/current employee reviews, interview questions/procedures which one can filter by job title, and most importantly, salary information - also filterable by job title.

If she doesn't have a LinkedIn account, make sure she gets one and makes it somewhat decent. Employers look there - often prior to the first phone interview (gatekeeper/talent acquisition person).

Best of luck!!

Well, she applied to the job on Monster Sunday afternoon, put her resume up and got a call from an IT headhunter by Noon yesterday. I guess they'll Skype later this week. She also got a few e-mails of inquiry. So far, so good. We'll see where it goes from here. Thanks again to all who helped with your input!

Keep in mind that she can work with more than just 1 head-hunter. If she's serious about looking for something else, even if it's just to see what's out there, she should contact as many as she can find.

I'd also recommend these guys: http://www.systemspersonnel.com/

I worked with them when I was just starting out way back in the day, and they're a great company. Based out of West Seneca so they probably have leads on the southtowns too.