Would you be upset if the bills went with 2 OL picks?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the offseason we've already had, I don't really care who they draft. I feel pretty confident they will be picking players that fit what they are looking for, I'm not going to get bent out of shape regardless of who they draft.

In my mind, I would like to see an OL and a TE with our #2 and #3 pick, but I'm good with whatever they do.

In the 2nd and 3rd round?

Was thinkin about what if the bills did exactly that

- Perhaps a OT at 50.....

- Then if BPA ended up being a OG in the 3rd round?

I wouldn't be upset the game is won and lost in the trenches. but I think they take one on day 2 and one on day 3,

Just something to keep in mind

- I really want to sign Cordy Glenn.....but we do in fact have some high priced players coming up. We drafted Seantrel Henderson who can play on the left side......and if you drafted Jake Fisher from Oregon he looks to be a very good RT...........the bills might want to cover themselves just in case contract negotiations with Glenn go very wrong.

- Cog has been out of the NFL for a year.....the OG and OT we drafted last year are complete unknowns

- Urbik is average

- Williams has a back injury history

Roman's offense is gonna be run heavy.......which means they need players that can move people around up front. We didnt sign anyone in the offseason.

Doubt Fisher will be there but if we get him I'll be stoked if we get him. I think he will be a top left tackle with his athleticism. Then we can get Ali Marpet in the 3rd, there's your two lineman.

Would also really like TE Clive Walford, runs really good routes and get's good separation.

There's ~14 linemen in this draft that I'd be more than fine getting 2 from: Scherff, La'el Collins, Peat, Clemmings, Humphries, Flowers, Jake Fisher, Cann, Tomlinson, Jackson, Marpet, Kouandjio, Erving, Grasu. There might be a few others guys would put in that group or taken out, but that's mainly the gist of it. I'd really like to move down from 50, pick up an extra pick in the 4th or in '16 3rd and take two out of the above group.

Glenn / Henderson / Kouandjio

Icogntio / Urbik / (Richardson) / (Williams)

Wood

If we are going with 9 linemen, there's room for a guy in each the 2nd and 3rd round. That would put one of Urbik / Richardson / Williams on the chopping block, likely Williams as that would be the most cap favorable move and Urbik is likely our backup center (unless it's Richie). Aside from adding another pass rusher (can never have too many, though I imagine it'll be picked clean by 50), a MLB (some good ones projected around 50, landing someone on Brown's level to replace Kiko would be nice), or a traditional TE (should be a decent one available in the 5th) spending both picks on Olinemen to keep building a competitive deep group would be fine with me.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Just something to keep in mind

- I really want to sign Cordy Glenn.....but we do in fact have some high priced players coming up. We drafted Seantrel Henderson who can play on the left side......and if you drafted Jake Fisher from Oregon he looks to be a very good RT...........the bills might want to cover themselves just in case contract negotiations with Glenn go very wrong.

- Cog has been out of the NFL for a year.....the OG and OT we drafted last year are complete unknowns

- Urbik is average

- Williams has a back injury history

Roman's offense is gonna be run heavy.......which means they need players that can move people around up front. We didnt sign anyone in the offseason.

Henderson was a below average RT last year. Thinking he can man the left side is a major risk.

And I'll trust Whaley. But after drafting 2 guys last year, yes it would be disappointing. I think CK is going to surprise.

Henderson was a below average RT last year. Thinking he can man the left side is a major risk.

And I'll trust Whaley. But after drafting 2 guys last year, yes it would be disappointing. I think CK is going to surprise.

Sure, Henderson fell off at the end of last season. That said, CK couldn't see any time at all. He was THAT bad.

You know that I am Crimson Tide fan and have seen all of his games. My take is that he is injured and never was so great. He is however a great kid and it would be wonderful for him, Bills fans, and the Bills if he could produce. Counting on this to happen, imo, is not smart money.

Jmo and hoping to be wrong.

without reading the previous posts:

no. i´d be delighted.

let´s just say we have a draft with tre jackson and shaq mason. in the best scenario that means a 3rd and a 5th.

leaves the 2nd for BPA, the 2 6 rders for whatever is there ( even ANOTHER OLiner ) and nick boyle and the 7th for fua

Edited by playman