Would you be upset if the bills went with 2 OL picks?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 2nd and 3rd round?

Was thinkin about what if the bills did exactly that

- Perhaps a OT at 50.....

- Then if BPA ended up being a OG in the 3rd round?

That wouldn't be ideal at all IMO without a 1st or 4th. They have 3 guys going into year 2 & if they add 2 that is 5. You keep like 9 OL on your team. I wouldn't want 5 guys in years 1-2. I am still in favor of another vet OL that can start. You can always drop Chris Williams and save the $3M to fit a starter under the cap.

I am okay with 1 of those 2 picks being a lineman (especially if they can't get a vet).

Well seeing that they don't need two and drafted a bunch last year.... Yea.

Just something to keep in mind

- I really want to sign Cordy Glenn.....but we do in fact have some high priced players coming up. We drafted Seantrel Henderson who can play on the left side......and if you drafted Jake Fisher from Oregon he looks to be a very good RT...........the bills might want to cover themselves just in case contract negotiations with Glenn go very wrong.

- Cog has been out of the NFL for a year.....the OG and OT we drafted last year are complete unknowns

- Urbik is average

- Williams has a back injury history

Roman's offense is gonna be run heavy.......which means they need players that can move people around up front. We didnt sign anyone in the offseason.

OL is one of our biggest needs, so no I wouldn't. We already have a few young guys on the roster that we need to see if they can develop as well.

We don't have many other positions of need... could use some depth at LB and TE, but other than that I feel pretty good about drafting the best OL available for the first couple of picks.

We need a traditional TE as well. TE, OL, LB and obviously QB are still needs. In addition, they still want a big target (TE may take care of that). I can't see this team using it's last 2 real assets (2nd & 3rd) on only 1 position.

Just out of curiosity for those that do want 2 where do you see the OL on opening day? If we can't get a vet I see it like this:

Glenn-Incognito-Wood-rookie- Seantrel...backups: Chris Williams, Urbik, Cyrus and Cyril.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

In the 2nd and 3rd round?

Was thinkin about what if the bills did exactly that

- Perhaps a OT at 50.....

- Then if BPA ended up being a OG in the 3rd round?

I wouldn't be upset, no. But it would strike me as coincidence that the BPA in round 2 last year and rounds 2 and 3 this year all just happen to be OL... could be true I suppose...but it would say to me that the Bills are drafting for need and maybe reaching.

That wouldn't be ideal at all IMO without a 1st or 4th. They have 3 guys going into year 2 & if they add 2 that is 5. You keep like 9 OL on your team. I wouldn't want 5 guys in years 1-2. I am still in favor of another vet OL that can start. You can always drop Chris Williams and save the $3M to fit a starter under the cap.

I am okay with 1 of those 2 picks being a lineman (especially if they can't get a vet).

So right now, the Bills have 1 C and 8 G on the roster, 3 OT, (plus Sanborn).

In addition to the vets Incognito, Williams, and Urbik, there are 4 2nd year guys and a 3rd year guy. Several of them I've never heard of and assume they were taxi squad guys signed to futures after the season? Anyway, it says to me the Bills are comfortable going into camp with 12 OLmen and sending the Turk after the weakest links. You normally don't want to draft a guy you might cut, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

We need a traditional TE as well. TE, OL, LB and obviously QB are still needs. In addition, they still want a big target (TE may take care of that). I can't see this team using it's last 2 real assets (2nd & 3rd) on only 1 position.

Just out of curiosity for those that do want 2 where do you see the OL on opening day? If we can't get a vet I see it like this:

Glenn-Incognito-Wood-rookie- Seantrel...backups: Chris Williams, Urbik, Cyrus and Cyril.

Kirby,

I think a couple of factors here......

Cyrus might get slid over to OG with this new staff.......and if he can get his career turned around he might even start at one of the OG positions......lets keep in mind that before he had a disaster of a 1st season he was in fact a highly toughted offensive linemen carrying a 1st round grade.

Before Chris Williams went out with the back injuries he was NOT doing a bad job.....as a matter of fact I think it was safe to say that our running game started really struggling when he got hurt last year.

If they end up going with something else in round 2 and take a OL in the 3rd or later...they might elect to go with the veterans they have and groom the young OL

It could end up being a line of

Glenn - LT

Cog - LG

Wood- C

Urbik - RG

Henderson -RT

Kirby,

I think a couple of factors here......

Cyrus might get slid over to OG with this new staff.......and if he can get his career turned around he might even start at one of the OG positions......lets keep in mind that before he had a disaster of a 1st season he was in fact a highly toughted offensive linemen carrying a 1st round grade.

Before Chris Williams went out with the back injuries he was NOT doing a bad job.....as a matter of fact I think it was safe to say that our running game started really struggling when he got hurt last year.

If they end up going with something else in round 2 and take a OL in the 3rd or later...they might elect to go with the veterans they have and groom the young OL

It could end up being a line of

Glenn - LT

Cog - LG

Wood- C

Urbik - RG

Henderson -RT

I don't disagree. That is kind of my point. They still need a starting caliber OL but then the depth should be there. Those other guys are petty good depth and I expect the young guys from last year to grow. If they draft 2 then 1 of the above guys will be cut. Maybe Cyril or Cyrus? I'd rather not dump either dominant college OL without the proper coaching. I want Kromer to work with these guys at least for a year and then decide. They just aren't in a place to use their 2nd AND 3rd on the same position. If they want to take another flier late on a Henderson type with ?? go for it.