Bryce Petty with Gruden

Andy1

+1

Again, I think 4th-5th round is his appropriate place given his ability as a pure passer. He really needs to sit for a year or two (or three) behind a seasoned veteran.

Definitely agree on all the QB's after the first 2 really. But, as we've seen for the last decade, someone will get overly excited about a prospect and justify overdrafting him by saying 'What if he pans out?'.

In my opinion, the discussion of any of the quarterbacks after Winston and Mariota are pointless. Given where the Bills are drafting, you could make an argument that discussion of them is completely pointless as well. Is there any real difference between Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson? Do I want to see the Bills overdraft a quarterback with a 2nd round pick that should be selected in the 3rd or 4th round? No way. I've been done with caring about what Gruden has to say for a long time. He's been more wrong than right. If the Bills are going to carry 4 QB's into this season (which for the record, I don't believe they will), I would rather have a Tyler Heinicke for their last pick in the draft or even as a UFA. I don't see much of a measurable difference between the likes of him and Petty.

Kurt Warner thinks he has the best arm in the draft and will become a good nfl QB.

In the right situation, sure. I think he'll be gone by the 3rd but the Bills are not in a position to take him in the second. If he falls to the 4th, I say go for it. But the lack of QB depth will drive him up the board IMO

+1

Again, I think 4th-5th round is his appropriate place given his ability as a pure passer. He really needs to sit for a year or two (or three) behind a seasoned veteran.

I've seen some fan rumbling here in Nola, and also from bandit on here I believe about New Orleans as a great spot for him with the jimmy graham pick.

Has Gruden ever had a QB on that he didn't like? It is like these shows are here to only pretend the QB looks better.

He is the last person I will listen to talk about QB's now...especially after this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2014/04/18/johnny-manziel-jon-gruden-houston-texans/7857409/

"Jon Gruden, who recently worked with Manziel for his Gruden's QB Camp television series on ESPN, says the former Heisman Trophy winner has a rare skill set you don't want to regret passing up."

"Gruden also compared Manziel to Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young, who would improvise and run often early in his career."

(I bet all the teams who passed on him really "regret passing up," that skill-set.)