MS Walk 2015 - May 3 - Rochester, NY

rockpile

It is that time of year again to ask for your help in finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis, and providing help to those who have this disease.

I was diagnosed 21 years ago, and I am still standing! :thumbsup:

Jack, please pin this post (don't bogart me). :w00t:

Since 2005, YOUR donations sponsoring me, my family, and friends in this annual Walk for the Cure have totaled almost 12,000!

http://walknyr.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=1850699&fr_id=25287&pg=personal

Facebook Page - search for Family Rocks

Thank you!

MS WALK 2015

It's picture taking time again? Thanks for reminding me not to donate again.

(note that's a private joke between Rock and I)

..and JJ still thinks it is funny.

and so do I. :nana:

Rock on!

Thank you for sponsoring me! :D

Yes, you are, on a slippery cooler, that's on a slippery tailgate, at 6:30 in the morning, before another TBDAHOT.....

HPIM0284.JPG

AFTER you woke me up and brought me coffee!

April 2 Status:

My TBD friends and others have me at $220 so far with about a month to go!

Thank you for sponsoring me, and if you have been procrastinating - time to click on the link!

Any all all donations are GREATLY appreciated.

http://walknyr.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=1850699&fr_id=25287&pg=personal

Happy Easter or Passover!

TBD Sponsors:

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Cugalabanza

Edited by rockpile

Glad to see you are still going strong! My mother is at 33 years with MS. She is still rocking and rolling (mostly rolling now). It is one of the rare times that her supreme 100% Italian stubborness has served her well. I will be doing the walk again in Syracuse this year. For the first time my mother will be joining us in her scooter. Also joining us will be my daughter (stroller for the 5 month old), my grandmother, and my wife all for the first time. 4 generations of our family will be supporting this cause.

This is a great charity as well. For those of you unsure about donating to rockpile here is the rating of the agency. 80% of donations make it to services that they provide.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump! We are up to $280 - just wanted to let you know.

You can sponsor me here http://walknyr.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=1850699&fr_id=25287&pg=personalor go to Facebook and search for the group "Family Rocks".

rockpile

From the MS Society:

Where Does the Money Go?

As efficient, effective stewards of our donors’ contributions, we make sure that more than 79 cents out of every dollar we raise goes directly to improve the lives of people living with MS through programs, services and research.

To move us closer to creating a world free of MS, last year alone, the Society invested nearly $50 million to support more than 380 new and ongoing research projects around the world while providing program services to over one million people.

Our supporters’ generous contributions help people affected by MS by:

• Helping fund cutting-edge research aimed at finding the cause of MS, more treatments and, ultimately, ending the disease forever.
  • Providing resources and information for people living with MS about a variety of issues through newsletters, publications, education seminars and conferences, and at-home teleconferences.
  • Providing direct support and financial assistance for the FDA-approved medications, medical equipment, counseling services, respite, care management, college scholarships, and other emergency assistance.
  • Supporting emotional health and physical well-being through a network of self-help groups, a peer support telephone program, wellness programs, and more!
  • Reconnecting families affected by MS by coordinating family and social programs, couples retreats, kids camp, and other family support programs.
  • Driving change through advocacy at the federal, state and local level to benefit people with MS and their families.

post-156-0-72773100-1429556326_thumb.jpg

Edited by rockpile

EIGHT DAYS WEEK TO GO!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to my sponsors!

Today's update: $515

TBD Sponsors:

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Cugalabanza

The Tomcat TBD

Anonymous

Fezmid

Others

Dunks

Jane P

Marcie and Dave

Grace B

Bilby

Edited by rockpile

THREE DAYS WEEK TO GO!!!

There is plenty of time to pitch in, if you can.

http://walknyr.natio...287&pg=personal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to my amazing sponsors!

Today's update: $755

TBD Sponsors:

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Cugalabanza

The Tomcat TBD

Fezmid

Mr Info

Others

Dunk