Eagles searching for trade parter for G. Evan Mathis

actually if Williams designated Post June 1st its' a hair under $2 million we save. Buffalo has 2 designations per year, and haven't used any yet.

Agreed that Urbik doesn't make sense, and I don't think they would do that to him after he just agreed to a pay cut when you have Mario's contract you can renegotiate along with other players who could use pay cuts

Yes, we can gain an extra $1.75M cap, but that adds a $1.75M dead hit next season.

I can see us cutting Williams if(when) we sign a quality FA OG and post Juneing it.....but people should be aware that cutting him doesn't actually save us any real cap relief.

Due to the rollover cap rules, I have started looking at cap savings in two ways. Immediate cap savings....pertaining solely to the current cap. And real cap savings.....pertaining to the ongoing cap(multiple years).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't Madden bro...get real.

Nobody is trading a 26 year old athletic TE reaching his prime for a 34 year old guard...unless you want to be fired on the spot

You would be hard pressed to find one personnel person in the NFL who could actually answer this question because they would be laughing so hysterically they couldn't talk...

Edited by matter2003

This isn't Madden bro...get real.

Nobody is trading a 26 year old athletic TE reaching his prime for a 34 year old guard...unless you want to be fired on the spot

You would be hard pressed to find one personnel person in the NFL who could actually answer this question because they would be laughing so hysterically they couldn't talk...

This!

Man, would this Off-season be epic if that happens! It's already been great, but this could be one for the ages.

with out a doubt Brother!!

But what if they are they trying to trade Nigel For Mathis and then get kiko back

Cutting Williams for sure.

Urbik took a paycut already and I think at his price he's worth it.

And Williams june1st or trade.urbik was a smart play

You should be banned.

repeatedly, and more than once

Idk philly still needs LBs I would see if they would bite on Manny Lawson, but I wouldn't offer much more than that.

i am okay with this. soory manny!

Get on the phone Whaley.

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.

PFF's No. 1 guard in 2013 and No. 2 guard last season, we're not sure why the Eagles are so inclined to get rid of Mathis. The Eagles are between $7-8 million under the cap, so they're not desperate for money. Shedding the 33-year-old would save $4.5 million. At 6'5/298, Mathis is an athletic guard and would ideally land in another zone-blocking scheme. Mathis could probably be had for a fifth-round pick. The Rams and Dolphins were linked to him earlier this month.
Edited by Buffalo Proud

I would trade a late rounder for him and maybe a low level player that Chip likes (Like Goodwin or some other marginal player with potential). I wouldn't deal the 3rd rounder for him but any other pick plus a late rounder next year or player seems like it would be a good price.

Only issue is, Mathis wants a pay increase, that's why the Eagles want to trade him. That's why I don't see it happening, the team is going to draft O-line round 2.

They have enough young offensive line bodies. They will draft DE, ILB, and S in rounds 2-4. Only offensive player might be a TE.

I don't know this guy but to me the thread title tells me everything i need to know. A lineman, particularly a guard, has to be willing to get dirty and play tough. A guy who calls himself G. Evan Mathis should probably be a lawyer or a consultant for a Wall Street firm. An NFL guard? I don't think so. Too snooty.

Get on the phone Whaley.

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher reports the Eagles may release LG Evan Mathis if they can't trade him.

PFF's No. 1 guard in 2013 and No. 2 guard last season, we're not sure why the Eagles are so inclined to get rid of Mathis. The Eagles are between $7-8 million under the cap, so they're not desperate for money. Shedding the 33-year-old would save $4.5 million. At 6'5/298, Mathis is an athletic guard and would ideally land in another zone-blocking scheme. Mathis could probably be had for a fifth-round pick. The Rams and Dolphins were linked to him earlier this month.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

I like Mathis and am in favor of Buffalo pursuing him; word of caution re PFF...Mathis gets paid to promote the site, so it's natural that he'd get a favorable grade.