Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

so why not roll the dice and give it a chance.

Because we already have a guy we can roll the dice with that has just as much a chance, and it won't cost us a draft pick. RG has been dreadful. Way worse than EJ. Why would we bring someone worse than EJ to the team?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who says they wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even defends Manuel is because they speak of this magical untapped upside/raw talent that we have yet to see. With Griffin, not only is that upside WAY higher but we've already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like Washington would ever make that trade anyway.

Yes, the people who want to trade Manuel and a mid round pick for a guy that appears to have osteogenesis imperfecta are crazy. :rolleyes:

The writing is on the wall it's all over the media.

RG3 will not be staying in Washington

he will be moved. So what I want to know is,

will the Bills try and trade for him

lots of fire and smoke

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/jay-gruden-wants-redskins-to-trade-robert-griffin-iii/38207

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/03/12/ryan-clark-says-rgiii-is-not-jay-grudens-guy-and-redskins-want-to-go-in-different-direction-at-quarterback/

http://youtu.be/2KaQxQMmsao

Edited by billsareback

Being a huge Bills fan while living here in the DC area,I am praying this is just off season speculation and has no basis in fact.RG3 is an egomaniacal instagramming showboat who has consistently out his needs and desires before the Skins..From his All in Game 1 marketing campaign to his family being the only family members allowed in the team facilities and team plane..he just isn't a team player.. His stats,excluding Hus rookie year suck and his teammates have gone on record to say he is out of control.. Give me an improving EJ with only 14 games under his belt to an overrated over hyped player who cares not a stitch about winning.other than his post game quotes from the losing teams locker room. Go Bills Go EJ!!!!

Was he "not caring about winning" when he went out there with a knee held together with duct tape and dreams and insisted on staying in the game and playing hurt?

Was he "not caring about winning" when he went out there with a knee held together with duct tape and dreams?

Caring about winning while the game is being played and caring about being prepared to win are two completely different things.

Caring about winning while the game is being played and caring about being prepared to win are two completely different things.

so very true...caring about winning and caring about wanting to guy who wins are also different things. RG3 seems hung up on winning *his* way..not his coaches way

1) who cares?

2) see #1

I care. It doesn't blow your mind that someone who cares enough about the Bills to spend their time posting on a Bills fan site doesn't know how to spell the name of the QB they took in the first round two years ago?

Because we already have a guy we can roll the dice with that has just as much a chance, and it won't cost us a draft pick. RG has been dreadful. Way worse than EJ. Why would we bring someone worse than EJ to the team?

See the three things I bolded: 1. Nope, not even close. 2. He has certainly had some issues following his rookie year but you do realize that was only two years ago and was pretty much one of the better rookie QB seasons in the history of the sport of football, right? 3. I don't know what planet some of you people live on. I give up.

I would say that if anything, Washington would have to include a high round draft pick to us, not the other way around. RG3 doesn't even know his drops (3 step, 5 step, 7 etc.). No thanks - I'll stick with EJ for now.

Wow. Just wow.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

yup the blind leading the blind. They have

no clue

I'm not saying I'm all about going out to try and get RGIII. Quite truthfully, if I had to bet, I don't think it's happening for him at this point either. But if it were a matter of trading EJ Manuel and a mid round pick to take a chance on Griffin instead of Manuel, you would have to be insane not do that. Again, two years ago, RGIII had one of the best rookie seasons by any player in the history of the NFL. Has he regressed since then? Of course. But even in his second season he still played at a level higher than Manuel has ever played. Again, this trade is not happening because Griffin is probably worth a 2nd round pick and EJ Manuel is probably worth a 6th round pick. I didn't realize the level of delusion on this website regarding some people's perceived value of EJ Manuel.

if you don't think the Browns, Jets, are not going to get involved your foolish. This is not a Cutler

kind of deal. You will not get RG3 without giving up some draft picks or a player and a Pick.

glad you are not a NFL GM you would never get a trade done.

Anyone who says they wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even defends Manuel is because they speak of this magical untapped upside/raw talent that we have yet to see. With Griffin, not only is that upside WAY higher but we've already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like Washington would ever make that trade anyway.

Guess I need my head examined then. Griffin is about as boom or bust as you can get. Frankly, the bust part turns me off. I want no part of it. We have an improved team over last year now and we do not need to gamble. We can get to the big game without this headcase.

If ever there were a player in the history of the NFL that needed a change of scenery, it's Robert Griffin III. If there's any merit to Washington's willingness to trade him, I expect the Bills to make a push.

If RG3 is a bust then EJ is a total failure.

let me get this straight RG3 had one of the best

Years a rookie QB ever had in NFL History

and he is still very young. This guy needs

a coach that can work with him. That's like

you having a boss at your work saying

bad things about you. Then saying he can't work with you because you don't fit into there concepts

and plans. How long will it be before your fired

or you look for a new Job. Does that make

you a bad guy. Does that mean you can't be successful and work some where else and be productive.

Use your eyes look at what RG3 was before the Injury and all this miss handling and rushing him back. RG3 guy is and always will be a Franchise QB. EJ is a pretender, there not cut from the same cloth. RG3 is healthy, he has recoverd from his Injuries. He needs a change of scenery and a coach that can mold him and use his God given talents. Is RG3 a primadona sure he is show me

what QB isn't. But he is the perfect fit for what Roman is trying to do. You know what they say one mans trash is another mans treasure.

RG's problem is that he wants to do it his way.

He doesnt want a coach to take the RGIII out of him. He has the problem that Vick had in the early years.

I would only deal for RG if I were convinced that he had finally grown up and decided that he wanted to be a real NFL QB, and not just be RG III.

Guess I need my head examined then. Griffin is about as boom or bust as you can get. Frankly, the bust part turns me off. I want no part of it. We have an improved team over last year now and we do not need to gamble. We can get to the big game without this headcase.

If you are that certain that he is a headcase and would disrupt our locker room somehow then I suppose that's a fair argument. I don't know the guy as well as you do apparently. But strictly speaking from a football standpoint, yes you would need your head examined if you wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Griffin. As for anyone who disagrees, I hope you realize that Griffin is worth a lot more than EJ Manuel and a mid round pick and that the Bills would jump all over that trade and the Redskins would never make it.

My question is would you trade E.J Manual and a middle round draft pick for RG3.

Of course. But I think if this was to happen, we would have to give up way more than the above. WAY more!!!

EJ is highly regarded on this board because he was a first round pick. It is a modern day version of the Losman Syndrome. There are posters who STILL think that Losman was "misused," etc. But, EJ is not highly regarded around the league, or even by Bills management. If he was, they would not have acquired 2 new qbs.

Actually, it's hard for me to understand why some people cannot see this, but dialogue is why we are here.

RG's problem is that he wants to do it his way.

He doesnt want a coach to take the RGIII out of him. He has the problem that Vick had in the early years.

I would only deal for RG if I were convinced that he had finally grown up and decided that he wanted to be a real NFL QB, and not just be RG III.

From the way outside looking in, I think part of his problem is that he seems to have a golfer-like mentality. What I mean by that is he has an individual sport mentality. Football is all about team and becoming a band of brothers.

Not sure how you'd mesh RGIII's individual minded personality within the team concept. I guess before you make the trade you have a real long conversation about whether he is willing to change his tune and be about the Buffalo Bills team and not about RGIII. If he continues to push for wanting to be left alone and stay on an island then I'd have to pass. If he sincerely wants to change his approach and be all about promoting his team mates then I'd trade for him. As much as I am a supporter of Manuel, I think that RGIII is a better QB and he may become a great player if put in the right system. If that system is what Roman is going to do here then I think that might be the game changer which would propel the team to greatness.