After FA What Positions Are Draft Critical?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Safety - in the box type

2. Project QB

3. Big WR

4. LB

5. CB

Unless a true center drops I would rather wait until the June 1st cuts to address the line again., There is plenty of youth on the team already. I would rather wait and add a veteran that is a cap casualty.

Critical need ➡ none.

I do feel we need some LBs though & I also still want Sean Mannion.

Obviously we need OL help but last year's drat shows there's really no guarantee a rookie G or T can come in and change things for us immediately. If anything I'd like to sign one more solid veteran G and see how the young guys progress.

Is there a glaring NEED outside of QB (we're not gonna draft a starter this year) and OL?

What position would you prefer we sign first?

Nothing. We're good here. You cant have All-pros at every position,.

I'm good here.

Draft BPA. You've earned it, Doug. (With the understanding that you did the best you could at QB).

Edited by maddenboy

We have very little depth at the position as it stands. If they go BPA, which it seems they can now, it's not inconceivable that the best player left is a linebacker based on the draft grades I've seen.

how much will spikes cost us? really loved him as a dude and he seemed to do good things for our locker room. first-year captain is nothing to sneeze at.

Straight Bpa

I have stated that this years draft will be geared toward depth and Best Player Available (BPA).

I really think the D-Line will be addressed for depth. The Williams' (Mario 30.75 and Kyle 32.25 when the season begins) are not getting any younger (or cheaper - Dareus).

1. Whaley will draft for depth in the trenches - OLine and DLine. This year will be a DLine year. 2014 was OLine.

2. Something tells me they think TEs Williams and/or Walford will fall to them in the 2nd round. If so, that's the pick.

3. They will draft a QB late. If Petty or Mannion are available in the 6th I could see them grabbing one of them. There is literally no one else for the Bills besides these two.

Boring draft focused on prime TE (if available) and trench depth and that's a good thing.

yep and yep. BPA and depth. We really dont have any desperate needs.

Where would he fit on the roster with Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, Goodwin, and Brown?

And while he's mostly a ST player, they do count Easley in the WRs when building the roster. Dont know much about Brown, and Goodwin may be on the way out, but that's still 6-7 WRs before any draft picks.

BPA at this point... with one caveat.. any position except RB at #50

If I had to lean one way slightly it would be OL.. however.. there is no need to for the Bills overreach to draft an OL at #50. If the best player on their board is a LB, CB, DL, WR, QB and the next best rated OL is 5 or 6 notches below then don't pass up good players just to fill that OL hole.

It's still up in the air whether or not Kuandjio and Richardson and Henderson will pan out as starters... but it is certainly too early to make a definitive statement that none of them will pan out.

Whaley has stacked this roster quite nicely at this point, putting them in a position of flexibility in the draft

BPA at this point... with one caveat.. any position except RB at #50

If I had to lean one way slightly it would be OL.. however.. there is no need to for the Bills overreach to draft an OL at #50. If the best player on their board is a LB, CB, DL, WR, QB and the next best rated OL is 5 or 6 notches below then don't pass up good players just to fill that OL hole.

It's still up in the air whether or not Kuandjio and Richardson and Henderson will pan out as starters... but it is certainly too early to make a definitive statement that none of them will pan out.

Whaley has stacked this roster quite nicely at this point, putting them in a position of flexibility in the draft

If Melvin Gordon or Gurley are sitting at #50, I say we take them.

While most fans wont agree with that, I can see it. Looking towards 2016, Fred is done and Bryce Brown will be a FA. We'll need someone decent to spell McCoy.

+1. if mccoy goes down, so does our team. we are built to win with a strong d and a strong run game; remove the prized running back and we are effed. unfortunately, there is almost no chance either gurley or gordon are on the board at 50.

I think bpa is reserved for the first round, the talent gets similar and more "in the eye of the beholder" as you move down the draft.

It seems we wanted a starting ORT since we offered something to Buluga, so I'd guess that first and then I think we have room for another starting TE and then if they think an OG can make an impact, sure.

I agree it would be tough to fit a 2nd round rb or wr on the roster, but I think we could find room for a run stuffing DT (since when MD was hurt it seemed like we took a big step back last year) and an ilb/olb for grooming/depth.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

Guard. Even if Incognito is good after being out a year, he's a free agent next year. C. Williams was dissapointing even when healthy. Richardson *might* turn the corner this year and he might not. Urbik...you know what you're getting, and while I don't hate him he's not going to the Pro Bowl any time soon. If you want a power run game, don't skimp at guard.

I'm leaning towards BPA with their 2nd rounder. 50th overall is going to be their first pick in the draft so they might as well get the highest quality player they can find. There are always "sure fire" 1st round rated players that drop out of the 1st night & are available in the 2nd. Hopefully there will be a 1st round caliber player waiting for them there.

In the 3rd, I'd go the BPA between offensive line, LB, & CB. I'm leaning towards an OG here since you can never have too many quality linemen. Should be abke to get a pretty good guard in the 3rd.

The rest of the picks should probably go CB, S, and rush LB. Can never have too many good CBs or pass rushers