After FA What Positions Are Draft Critical?

Obviously we need OL help but last year's drat shows there's really no guarantee a rookie G or T can come in and change things for us immediately. If anything I'd like to sign one more solid veteran G and see how the young guys progress.

Is there a glaring NEED outside of QB (we're not gonna draft a starter this year) and OL?

What position would you prefer we sign first?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're going to windup with a LB at 50 ,if they stay there.Their isnt enough LBS on roster right now to play DHs 3-4 . Three quality guys in that area ranking wise,MCKINNEY ,MAULDIN AND KIKAHA.Any of them imo would be a good pick.

Presuming that CLAY does windup here I think another TE is still likely in the 3rd. and depth after that .

I dont think they are done in FA ,imo they have a OG they want that isnt available yet.

Edited by tombstone56

Skip ILB as a hot priority. Now that clay and Harvin are secure and numbers good get Spikes. This assures BPA and if that's an ILB who cares? Spikes for a year or two would be a great asset and he is not that banged up and dude will play some ST.

I have stated that this years draft will be geared toward depth and Best Player Available (BPA).

I really think the D-Line will be addressed for depth. The Williams' (Mario 30.75 and Kyle 32.25 when the season begins) are not getting any younger (or cheaper - Dareus).

1. Whaley will draft for depth in the trenches - OLine and DLine. This year will be a DLine year. 2014 was OLine.

2. Something tells me they think TEs Williams and/or Walford will fall to them in the 2nd round. If so, that's the pick.

3. They will draft a QB late. If Petty or Mannion are available in the 6th I could see them grabbing one of them. There is literally no one else for the Bills besides these two.

Boring draft focused on prime TE (if available) and trench depth and that's a good thing.

I'd go OL, LB, DB. But would not pass on Garrett Grayson if he's there in Round 3.

You may be on to something...any time there is a Pittsburgh (Steelers or Panthers) connection Whaley seems to swoon. :-) Grayson strikes me as the guy that some team will panic on and take very early - late 1st, early 2nd. OK, Cleveland.

"Uncle Danny Grayson was an All-American linebacker at Washington State and was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the seventh round of the 1990 NFL Draft."

1. Safety - in the box type

2. Project QB

3. Big WR

4. LB

5. CB

Unless a true center drops I would rather wait until the June 1st cuts to address the line again., There is plenty of youth on the team already. I would rather wait and add a veteran that is a cap casualty.