Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

Does this mean I can get out of Terry and Kim's bushes?

Thank you, you done good! (pics?)

$12 mil a year for this guy over the next two years? Seems like a lot, doesn't it?

When looked at in a vacuum, yes, it is.

Why, they sound just like Bills fans once a former player signs/gets traded elsewhere.

***ding***ding***ding***ding....we have a winnah!

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say miami matches, they have enough/ plenty of cap space.

if the roles were reversed.....wouldn't you want buffalo to match miami's offer ?

miami has about 5 players worth keeping and projected $30 mil under the cap for 2016 ...they can cut whats needed to keep clay.

i also say miami waits 4 days & 23 hours before matching.

So the deal is cap heavy next season so as to attack Miami's cap next year. We have about 109 mil not counting dareus next year. We also have the ability to restructure mario next year opening up a ton of room. This gives us close to 50-55 mil of room. We have a lot of room but still have to sign, dareus, gilmore and cordy glenn and I don't know if I'm leaving anyone out. We could push some of that money until 2017 to give us more room next year just in case....cough philip rivers....or some free agent comes available.

Gilmore likely has an option we can pick up for next year. We can easily afford to keep all three, its not a big deal. We are in fantastic shape cap wise...one of the best things about having to be so cap saavy all those years, is it teaches you how to maximize every dollar spent. These guys can really use that talent to maximum effect now that they can actually spend the money...

That seems like a lot for a tight end. But then again, we haven't had a really good TE since.......Remiersma? Nope. Metzelaars? Not really. Tony Hunter? Didn't stick around. Keith McKellars? Biggest contribution was his initial for the K Gun.

Over 50 years and we're getting the best guy at this position we've ever had, unless I just can't remember who else might have been better.

Should we let the guy play here for a year or two before we hold the anointing ceremony?

@ByTimGraham: Those indignant Dolphins fans are awful quiet tonight.

Troll.

(not you Punch)

I bet EJ/Cassel/Tuel/Taylor are nervous... there's no one to blame but themselves if the Bills don't get to the playoffs AND go deep, with this roster.

You make very good points. The team is potentially very good.

But I bet the Suh signing was brilliant, eh Rodak?

Still...we just paid $40 million for a tight end who literally has feet of clay. :doh:

why does this make wish Eric moulds was still on the team.....?

Rex knows the teams in our division as well as anyone and knows how difficult it is to defend this guy because he has had to do it. He was also credited with Tannehill's development from 2013-14 and was his security blanket. This is amazing IMO. Not only do you give EJ (or Cassel) that same security blanket, you take away the guy Tannehill least wanted to lose.

Dude just realized this? #notsorandom

@JamesWalkerNFL: Random thought: The #Dolphins could face Richie Incognito AND Charles Clay twice next season as members of the rival #Bills. #Interesting

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gilmore likely has an option we can pick up for next year. We can easily afford to keep all three, its not a big deal. We are in fantastic shape cap wise...one of the best things about having to be so cap saavy all those years, is it teaches you how to maximize every dollar spent. These guys can really use that talent to maximum effect now that they can actually spend the money...

minus the fact that we didnt do a great job at maximizing every dollar and rarely were doing things considered "cap savvy"

thats no to knock the current off season, just seems revisionist at best. I will agree that i have little to no concern about next years cap yet - as it appears we have been very calculated in each move and have a ton of flexibility still considering the action weve taken.

Edited by NoSaint

Troll.

(not you Punch)

Ha, yeah he was pretty clearly goading Dolphin fans into responding, and it looks like he got the response he was after. He's like an addict that needs a fix.

Why, they sound just like Bills fans once a former player signs/gets traded elsewhere.

I think it has more to do with players going to division rivals. The vast majority here wishes players well when they sign to teams in the NFC or our of the AFC East (Spiller, Stevie, etc). But when they sign with a division rival, I can understand the "hate". Just like I said Scott Chandler is dead to me, I dont hate the guy, but I cant wish him well as a Patriot.