Bills, McCoy agree on new 5-yr contract

The Bills are cheap, and won't pay top dollar.

Until they do, then they are reckless and profligate.

But reckless is admirable.

Except when the Bills do it.

Unless they don't, then they should.

I hope that is clear to all of you Kool-Aid drinkers. :lol:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never underestimate the power of money...

Which is something a lot of Bills fans who are used to the old way of doing business, are still getting used to. For evidence, go look in any of the threads where people are gnashing their teeth over imagined cap problems. Pegula and his checkbook are going to turn the Bills around faster than any other new element.

I love it.

Which is something a lot of Bills fans who are used to the old way of doing business, are still getting used to. For evidence, go look in any of the threads where people are gnashing their teeth over imagined cap problems. Pegula and his checkbook are going to turn the Bills around faster than any other new element.

I love it.

We are doing everything we can to minimize our major weakness of QB and win now with what we have - there was no magic bullet for that this off season....

I think that many here are getting carried away with the McCoy contract in assuming that it is un-Bills like, contrary to a cash to cap philosophy, and the product of having Pegula being the new deep pocket owner.

This contract is very much in line with any other big contract(of which there haven't been too many) that the Bills have doled out in the past bunch of years(Mario, SJ, Fitz, A.Williams etc). Though it is slightly higher in the signing bonus percentage than the previous ones(likely due to the need to fix the unfriendly cap numbers left by the Eagles contract), it runs very much the same as what we normally do.

The main difference between what we have done with the McCoy contract and all of the other recent contracts is that this one is for a player that has been traded to the team......not one that is coming in via FA or being re-signed by the team. All of this is IMO the product of having Whaley for GM. To my mind the contract structuring is nothing new to the Bills' recent philosophies. What is new, is the concept that we actually went out and got the player worth paying big dollars to in the first place.

You cant possibly tell me we couldn't have had Murray for this same 26.5 million guaranteed deal...10 million more than cowboys offered him. And we keep kiko ....this mccoy trade was a joke

You cant possibly tell me you could have. How do you know Murray wanted to play in Buffalo?

But please keep your crusade going, im enjoying watching you go off the tracks.

You cant possibly tell me you could have. How do you know Murray wanted to play in Buffalo?

But please keep your crusade going, im enjoying watching you go off the tracks.

the crusade is the wild assumption he won't come to Buffalo when there's been no mention whatsoever of it, cowboys have shown no loyalty to him, he's not stated he will give them a "hometown discount", and nearly every player these days is going to the highest bidder and doesn't care who that team is