Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son, an Eagles fan, is telling me this trade was almost Woods for McCoy, they settled on Kiko in the end. He also says that Chip Kelly still has his sights set on Woods which kind of makes the Harvin pickup so relevant.

This here says they actually wanted Woods And Kiko for McCoy. Looks like Whaley said NFW

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/26/8294247/nfl-trade-rumors-eagles-robert-woods-lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-bills

This here says they actually wanted Woods And Kiko for McCoy. Looks like Whaley said NFW

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/26/8294247/nfl-trade-rumors-eagles-robert-woods-lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-bills

I guess "we will take either" and the bills saying "ok take this one" amounts to "NFW"???

Maybe I'm reading that too much like you think it's now clear he's untouchable

Edited by NoSaint

i thought they said the eagles asked for both players at first

That report seemed preposterous to me. I imagine it came from some interview where Chip Kelly or some Eagles official told a reporter something like, "We talked to them about Woods and Alonzo" and they were implying either or, and the reporter thought that meant for both. It just seems laughable that they would ask seriously for both of them. Whaley would have laughed and said, then we want McCoy and Mathis.

That report seemed preposterous to me. I imagine it came from some interview where Chip Kelly or some Eagles official told a reporter something like, "We talked to them about Woods and Alonzo" and they were implying either or, and the reporter thought that meant for both. It just seems laughable that they would ask seriously for both of them. Whaley would have laughed and said, then we want McCoy and Mathis.

yea that would be a pretty quick come down to go from two young potential stars to cutting it in half within 30 minutes. i guess its possible they said "what the heck, lets try something crazy" but i dont think it was serious even if it actually happened. i tend to agree with how you read it.

My son, an Eagles fan, is telling me this trade was almost Woods for McCoy, they settled on Kiko in the end. He also says that Chip Kelly still has his sights set on Woods which kind of makes the Harvin pickup so relevant.

Even with Harvin, I am not so sure I would want the Eagles to still be pursuing Woods. I'm not sure what they could give us to make it worth it, but I like our WR's the way they are now. Also Whaley is talking about picking up another veteran WR for depth, so I don't think he is high on letting any of the WRs go either.

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/581481039907987457?lang=en

On the other hand, maybe that means he is going to deal Woods. Who knows.

Edited by What a Tuel