It would not shock me to see the bills take Bryce Petty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has concussion issues, so that is a bit of a red flag.

I wouldn't spend a second or a third on him.

Trade up and take him in the fourth? Maybe worth a shot.

Concussion issues ? NOT TRUE.

He had a very mild concussion in K State game, had no symptoms that week and played following Saturday.

He will be taken in 2nd round, with 3rd round grade, QB's are always over valued, so, if Bills have interest, they'll need to use their 2nd.

I watched every Baylor game the past 2 years and Petty is a gamer, plays hurt, natural leader, great arm strength, good accuracy, mobile. His biggest issues are huge question marks on his ability to play in pro style offense which requires multiple reads, playing under center etc. since he hasn't done that in college system AND he is ultra competitive and can get down on himself, so, I'm concerned he'll have the mental toughness to fail.

I think best situation for him is exactly what Mayock said, a team that will let him sit and learn and develop over a 2 year period and won't rush him to start.

Besides like 10 guys, aren't most Qbs projects?

Yes, most are. I'm not saying a qb that needs development shouldn't be taken,

I was wondering if OBD will take one (other than a late round flier which would not be controversial) given the impatience that EJ has been shown.

Yes, most are. I'm not saying a qb that needs development shouldn't be taken,

I was wondering if OBD will take one (other than a late round flier which would not be controversial) given the impatience that EJ has been shown.

I agree with you. But I think the impatience was more of Marrone thing.

Rex has had issues with his offense but he has been more than patient with his Qbs. Hopefully EJ or someone else will benefit from that.

I agree with you. But I think the impatience was more of Marrone thing.

Rex has had issues with his offense but he has been more than patient with his Qbs. Hopefully EJ or someone else will benefit from that.

He wanted a full competition for Geno last season. He wanted to bench Geno last season. When has he been patient? By not benching the rookie QB who took his team to the postseason?

To be clear....

I wasnt really saying take him in the 2nd...I like RB Ajay in the 2nd....that RB does it ALL....durable....workhorse......can catch too

I am thinking of Petty as more of a 3rd round guy (or a target for a trade up) ..ALSO it would be a good thing to sit him for a year....bring in a vet to compete with EJ......

Petty is smart....is a thrower of the ball.....and is pretty mobile despite his 40 time at the combine

Edited by John from Hemet

Whom would you pick at 50?

and i wonder if the Bills are going to try to move picks around again.

I hate losing the first pick but i dont care much for losing the fourth either

AJ Cann, Jay Ajayi, Laken Tomlinson or Xavier Cooper just to name a few.

Petty is a late rounder or priority FA to me. He's a long term project that will likely go over drafted.

Edited by Bangarang