It would not shock me to see the bills take Bryce Petty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard to evaluate him because of the system he played in. He's not as good as RG3 and we see how he has struggled the last couple of years. Baylor just has wide open Wrs all the time that you rarely see in the NFL.

But for a 4th or so, why not?

He isn't as athletic, but he has good accuracy and knows where to put the ball. Even though he plays in a one-read system i've seen him throw guys open frequently with his ball placement.

He's my pick if we are taking a stab at one of these guys. I feel pretty good about him but I would still have hesitations about using the 2nd on him. not sure he last until the third though.

Edited by Zac

It's so hard to evaluate him because of the system he played in. He's not as good as RG3 and we see how he has struggled the last couple of years. Baylor just has wide open Wrs all the time that you rarely see in the NFL.

Do we have a fourth? I agree we will take a QB but not with our second or third.

Just to clarify, Griffin has struggled primarily because he's been rushed back from injuries, Mike Shanahan played him when he was basically crippled, and everyone is attempting to make him change his game. Plus, the DC press has picked on him incessantly for everything he does and says and Gruden publicly threw him under the bus this past season. He may continue to struggle until he's out of the DC environment.

Just to clarify, Griffin has struggled primarily because he's been rushed back from injuries, Mike Shanahan played him when he was basically crippled, and everyone is attempting to make him change his game. Plus, the DC press has picked on him incessantly for everything he does and says and Gruden publicly threw him under the bus this past season. He may continue to struggle until he's out of the DC environment.

I agree with that. Washington is a tire fire.

It's so hard to evaluate these college system Qbs. Part of the many reasons I hated Manziel last year. If multiple Wbs put up monster numbers Inthe same system, it might be more about the same system than the QB's talent.

Do we have a fourth? I agree we will take a QB but not with our second or third.

I forget. We got one for Stevie but gave one up for Brown.

Nope. No fourth rounder. Cleveland trade took our original one and the 4th we received in the SJ13 trade, we sent to Philly for Bryce Brown.

We do have two fifth rounders though, so I'm sure a trade into the fourth isn't completely implausible.

A QB in this draft would be nice but I would rather we use our second and third rounders on any of the following first: Running Back, Guard, Tight End and a pass rusher (providing Hughes isn't retained).

Mike Mayock loves Bryce Petty's natural ability, but sees him as a multi-year project. #fearofspread

That's my concern... EJ hasn't been given any time to sit but without a first rounder we should be willing to let Petty do so if he's our selection in either the second or third round? No thanks. We aren't far away from the Playoffs and I'd rather we acquire players in those two rounds that can step in and produce for this team at some point this season.

I would not mind seeing the Bills take Petty in the draft. I would prefer they get someone who could make a more immediate impact in Round 2, but I found Whaley's comments at the combine interesting. He said (paraphrasing) that he would prefer to fill their holes in free agency so they are in position to take BPA in the draft. We will see what happens in FA, but if that logic holds, I would not be surprised to see them take Petty in Round 2, assuming he is still there. They need a QB to develop, while they need the best FA they can find to compete with EJ/back him up. Tuel ain't it in either case.

Decent feet, strong arm. Natural thrower. Makes questionable decisions. Could see us taking him with or first pick if they like what they see. Would love to grab him in rd 5, but I doubt he lasts that long. Ya never know though

Petty has a legit arm, is mobile and accurate. that puts him one up on E.j. Can he learn to read defense and work under center ? Nobody can answer that right now. Would I spend a 2nd rounder on him , all things considered , YES

I have to think they sign Hughes and buy a tight end and a guard so lets start taking some shots at qb.

Mayock has him as his third qb which is a good indicator he wouldn't make it past the early third and I think that would be pushing.

Edited by Tintonfallsbillsfan

Wiki quote "As a junior in 2013 he took over as the starting quarterback.[4][5] He finished the year with 4,200 passing yards, 32 touchdowns and only three interceptions. He also rushed for 14 touchdowns. As a senior in 2014, he passed for 3,855 yards and 29 touchdowns along six rushing touchdowns."

His 2013 highlights are killer. Dude throws on-the-money bombs. And he plows like a fullback. No way this kid lasts till the 5th round of the draft. Highlight videos are suspect, (and im a ideot) but my first impression of Bryce Petty is very favorable.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=WwvpVOeKIcefgwSivYLoDw&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DB2-DR-NfhUw&ved=0CCkQtwIwBA&usg=AFQjCNE1aeCzXeXkIIO-VnhdV0UbwWZbQA

On further review...

He had hella protection on everyone of his 2013 TD passes. He does run like train though.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER