CALL YOUR SHOT

Maddog69

The challenge with Mallet is he is still hurt (torn pec). Word is that he will not be able to begin light lifting until mid to late March. All indications are that he will recover fully but there is a limited body of live action video with which to evaluate. The Texans are in a similar situation in Buffalo with a less than stellar/popular option at Plan B - The Beard. Odds favor Houston having leverage if they plan to re-sign Mallett just because it's very difficult for other teams to evaluate him either through past performance or live workout.

Personally...I would really like to see Buffalo commit to EJ for the entire 2015 season. There is no QB currently available that can take over games and win on their own. Truthfully...those guys rarely become available in their prime anyway.

As far as adding QB depth to the roster? I like Luke McCown being signed as a backup and maybe bring Sanchez in to compete as the starter and push EJ but if he doesn't clearly win the job by the third preseason game cut him. Draft the best QB you have rated on your board in the appropriate round and keep Tuel around through training camp to eat some reps.

Worst case (a pretty good case, IMO) you have EJ starting behind a much improved OL and a stud tight end, a declared veteran backup in McCown (who can still be effective spot starting) with no delusions of grandeur, a rookie #3, and Tuel on the PS unless someone else with more potential is available.

EJ needs confidence. Running him out there on essentially one week contracts does not instill confidence. And, honestly, the guys around him will work harder knowing they have to do a little more every week because he is not going to take the team on his back and carry them to victory...at least not yet.

Edited by 217014170

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately the best thing that could happen for this team is that the time that EJ Manuel held the clipboard combined with a OC that can run a legit NFL offense that masks QB weaknesses and shows off their strengths makes it so EJ beats out ANY competition that is brought into camp.....and does what we all hoped for but coudnt do in his second year.

but

We cannot do what the previous coaches did and not have a viable alternative.

I want a QB with the guts that Orton had (early on) to put the ball on receivers downfield but also has mobility to escape pressure a little bit.

At this point I am going to say Hoyer or Matt Moore.......and hope that EJ shows progression in his 3rd year and overtakes them at some point in the season.....not because Hoyer or Moore sucked.....but because EJ was just too good to keep on the bench

Is there anything sadder than the "which QB will the Bills sign or trade for" QB debate? After we know who the guy is, will there ever be a more "who cares" reaction to something that was so endlessly debated? I'm not getting on this thread, just realizing that when we all finally know who this QB will be, it will register practically nothing in regards to fan confidence about the 2015 QB situation.

If I were the Bills, I think I'd trade for either Foles or Glennon and give EJ Manuel a contemporary of his, who has more TDs, and who is widely viewed as a better QB than him. Then see what kind of fighter he is. EJ has a higher ceiling and a lower floor than those two QBs, time to finally see which way that stairway goes. Forced to choose I'd say they go and get Foles after Philly pulls off a trade up in the draft to pick Mariota. Say goodbye to that #50 pick for Foles.

Edited by 1billsfan

Is there anything sadder than the "which QB will the Bills sign or trade for" QB debate? After we know who the guy is, will there ever be a more "who cares" reaction to something that was so endlessly debated? I'm not getting on this thread, just realizing that when we all finally know who this QB will be, it will register practically nothing in regards to fan confidence about the 2015 QB situation.

If I were the Bills, I think I'd trade for either Foles or Glennon and give EJ Manuel a contemporary of his, who has more TDs, and who is widely viewed as a better QB than him. Then see what kind of fighter he is. EJ has a higher ceiling and a lower floor than those two QBs, time to finally see which way that stairway goes. Forced to choose I'd say they go and get Foles after Philly pulls off a trade up in the draft to pick Mariota. Say goodbye to that #50 pick for Foles.

:ph34r:

Who weren't good enough to make any NFL team......

CBF

but might be good enough now. Considering what we have on the roster right now. By the way, I think EJ is our best shot next season. If Rex can make it to 2 AFC championship games with Sanchez, EJ might be ok.Hope he works out.

I would also like to see EJ fight for the job like he wants it.......

EJ you said "if I get another opportunity im gonna sling it more"

Lets see it

:ph34r:

If we trade for Foles then so be it.....fill the other needs in free agency.

We need to improve this QB position because there are legit offensive weapons on this team RIGHT NOW

I would also like to see EJ fight for the job like he wants it.......

EJ you said "if I get another opportunity im gonna sling it more"

Lets see it

If we trade for Foles then so be it.....fill the other needs in free agency.

We need to improve this QB position because there are legit offensive weapons on this team RIGHT NOW

LOL - I was referring to him saying "I'm not getting on this thread" and then participating.