CALL YOUR SHOT

Maddog69

I know there are a million threads about QBs. But I wanted to start this one to have it in one place. I want to see a post from each of you with the name of your #1 choice of QB that you would like to Bills to sign in Free agency. Leave off Manning and any of the trade options because none of them are definitely avialble. Of the available UFA's, who is the 1 name you want them to sign. This isn't really meant as a thread to debate who is the best. I just was interested in seeing who each of you had as your first choice.

Mine is Ryan Mallett.

Edited by Maddog69

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My choice from this particular crop would be Brian Hoyer. I think Roman's offense hides his weaknesses well and he is mobile enough to need to be accounted for in the offense.

From Kemp's Walt link

Brian Hoyer, QB, Browns. Age: 29. star.gifstar.gif
Brian Hoyer began the year well, but things quickly fell apart for him when Alex Mack was lost for the season. Hoyer proved that he can be a very strong backup in this league, but he needs everything to be right for things to go well for him.

If we play our offseason right, and QB is truly the missing piece, everything is right for Hoyer and things may go well :D

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Bradford if he becoms available. If not then Locker.

I know what you are getting with Hoyer and Sanchez and you can't win with it. Low completion %s and too many picks. Locker has some mobility and an intruiging upside to me.... he had some struggles in Whisenhunt's system but prior to that he had played well in patches but struggled to stay healthy. He has some history with our new offensive consultant and I think would be a fit for Roman's offense.

I know there are a million threads about QBs. But I wanted to start this one to have it in one place. I want to see a post from each of you with the name of your #1 choice of QB that you would like to Bills to sign in Free agency. Leave off Manning and any of the trade options because none of them are definitely avialble. Of the available UFA's, who is the 1 name you want them to sign. This isn't really meant as a thread to debate who is the best. I just was interested in seeing who each of you had as your first choice.

Mine is Ryan Mallett.

I think EJ is the starter next year. He has as much upside as anyone on the market and I think he could be good in Romans system. So I hope he wins the job...not given, but wins it. However we still need to add a QB or two to compete to either win the job or be a quality backup...so my choices are

Mallet or Hoyer...

I'd also be happy with Matt Moore.

Edited by Alphadawg7

To be clear, I'm not overly concerned with upside and development this FA period. I see the QB we bring in this year as a 2-3 year stop-gap (which may just as well be EJ) while we work on developing someone else or pursue other options. I think EJ and Hoyer would push each other enough to get a servicable job done

I think EJ and Hoyer would push each other enough to get a servicable job done

This is where I'm at. Bring in Hoyer and let him and EJ battle it out. If the Bills can somehow land Bradford without giving up too much for an injury riddled QB I'd take that option too.

Edited by MDH

After looking at this list I seriously would rather just ride out the season with EJ and then we will know for sure about if he can play or not by seasons end

I dont think there is a QB on that list that I would want starting over EJ

CBF

Agreed.

I think EJ is the starter next year. He has as much upside as anyone on the market and I think he could be good in Romans system. So I hope he wins the job...not given, but wins it. However we still need to add a QB or two to compete to either win the job or be a quality backup...so my choices are

Mallet or Hoyer...

I'd also be happy with Matt Moore.

I'm on board with this.

But I want Iupati (with an I) in that deal.