Ultimate Offseason 2015 *EDITED

BIllsNation

I love the ideas. I'm not sure if some of the players last that long in the draft such as Tomlinson, but that would be a sweet offseason. I'd also prefer Julius Thomas over Jordan Cameron at TE. I like drafting TJ Yeldon in the second. That guy seems like an Eddie Lacy + Le'von Bell combo.

I'm thinking Julius Thomas is going to command significantly more money than Cameron - how much more would you be willing to pay?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great question

for me I wouldnt pay J.Thomas any more than $7M a year and thats generous

CBF

That would put him right around Jared Cook and Mercedes Lewis money. I don't think he'll command Gronk or Graham money but I'm thinking it's going to be 8 to 8.5 mil/year range.

Edited by Triple Threat

If I were the GM I would re-do Mario's deal to add 5 million in cap space. I would also look to cut Keith Rivers and some other contracts to free up more cap space (I think there are players like Lawson and Rivers that could be easily cut to save cap space) Then I would try to resign Jerry Hughes or another one of the many pass rushers avaiable for around 10 million and sign Mike Iupati to fill the other guard position. As far as QB goes I bring in Jake Locker or Mark Sanchez sadly the best of the bunch but both guys give you an option at QB and can compete with EJ.

Signing Iupati and Huges would pretty much cut out big signings for the Bills this year. With what little cap space there is I would resign Spikes if his demands are fair if not go sign David Harris. You could also probably resign Searcy to keep some of the depth on the defense. Draft wise I go tight end or WR round 1 to add to the play making ability of the offense and then just go best player available beyond that.

I don't think the team should over spend on Hughes but a 8-9 million dollar a year deal seems fair if not 8-9 million a year could land you a really good replacement as this market is flooded with pass rushers. Iupati and Incognito sure up the guard position and taking a Tight End in round 2 patches another hole on offense. Keeping Spike or bringing in Harris keeps the front 7 very physical and stout against the run. Locker or Sanchez also brings a veteran option to the QB situation. Build depth with the rest of the draft and hopefully that's enough to get the team into the playoffs.

Edited by billsfan89

I dont think TE thomas is the type the bills will be looking for.....

They are going to be looking for a guy that can block as well as catch

Thats why I think they will draft a TE in the 2nd

I disagree. I think they'll be looking for a pass catching tight end whether he can block or not. I believe they'll attempt to find both but passing ability will come first. If he has enough size they'll teach him to be an adequate blocker.

Who is this Mike Lupati everyone keeps raving about? I've never heard of him.

It's amazing people try to sound so knowledgeable about the players, but still cant get their names right.

We are so close to making a playoff run but without the first round pick or franchise QB the Bills are going to need to make splashes elsewhere. Here are some things I'd love for them to do

RE-SIGN: Jerry Hughes keep those pass rushers in tact

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS: QB Brian Hoyer or Mark Sanchez - I'm not ready to give up on EJ yet but we need a plan B like this year to manage games. Both of these veterans would be an upgrade over Orton. LG Mike Lupati - one of the best run blockers in the league who happens to be familiar with our new OC. Him paired with incognito could make for a nasty interior O line. TE Jordan Cameron - very athletic pass catcher who can vertically stretch the field and would be a huge upgrade over chandler

DRAFT: 2nd rd: TJ Yeldon RB Alabama - 6-2 220 lb running back with good explosion and power, outshines Eddie Lacy at times back in 2013

3rd rd: Laken Tomlinson G - most impressive guard at the senior bowl would provide depth and insurance if incognito Flames out

5th rd: Dorial Green Beckham WR- 6'6 receiver with major talent that was dismissed from Mizzou football program. Could develop into an elite pass catcher

5th rd: Sean Mannion QB- big armed quarterback to groom. After all, EJ is our only Qb under contract next season so why not?

Flame away

No re-signing of Searcy, or any of our other FAs?

I like the re-signing of Hughes, and the signing of Iupati (as in iupati), and Cameron. But think its imperative to re-sign Searcy and Easley while we are at it.

Maybe even make a run at Spiller and/or Spikes depending on what theyre asking, and our new staff's plans.

Mine is:

MUST RE-SIGN: Hughes, Searcy

NICE TO HAVE RE-SIGNED: Easley, Spikes, Wynn

CUTS: Rivers, Pears, Williams OR Urbik (I'd keep Williams if I felt good about his back, if not you cut him and keep Urbik).

FA PRIME TARGETS: Clint Boling (OG, CIN), Jordan Cameron (TE, CLE)

NICE TO HAVE FA: Ryan Harris (OT, KC)

BACK UP FA OPTIONS: James Carpenter (OG, SEA), Charles Clay (TE, MIA)

DRAFT: 2nd - best pass rusher or tight end on the board;

3rd - best of whichever you didn't get in 2nd, or OL or QB;

BPA thereafter

The one thing I haven't included there is Quarterback. I think there my preference is Sam Bradford if cut. Of the guys we know are going to be FAs Jake Locker is the most intriguing to me. Then I would be looking to add one in the draft as a developmental guy.

Edited by GunnerBill

some moves i exspect

resign hughes ,,searcy,,wynn,,easley,

cuts spikes,urbik,,rivers,williams ,

fa david harris , ilb ,,, ran ryans defense at jets replaces spikes roll

orlando franklin,,,, og , plays lg 6'7 320 exactly what they seem to like size wise number 2 rated by some

wish list another domiant de weather fa or draft

kiko back healthy

one of our previous draft picks to wake up!

mike anderson healthy

adrian peterson ,i said wish list

draft wise i like todd gurley rb ,,, it would be a trade up scenario but doable this years two and next years 3 with conditions?

matias og,,huerman te james te ,,at this point its a crap shoot

I disagree. I think they'll be looking for a pass catching tight end whether he can block or not. I believe they'll attempt to find both but passing ability will come first. If he has enough size they'll teach him to be an adequate blocker.

So between you and J from H we have a decent subject i bet.

Lets look at the QB situation and then at Roman and Kromer.

So you are looking at Chandler upgrade?

I am looking for Lee Smith upgrade. maybe they can draft?FA two. and lets not forget about that late pickup who caught the 48 yarder his first start.

Chris was healthy for awhile to.

Upgrade Chandler and Smith. both ends of the spectrum is my wish.

It's amazing people try to sound so knowledgeable about the players, but still cant get their names right.

No re-signing of Searcy, or any of our other FAs?

I like the re-signing of Hughes, and the signing of Iupati (as in iupati), and Cameron. But think its imperative to re-sign Searcy and Easley while we are at it.

Maybe even make a run at Spiller and/or Spikes depending on what theyre asking, and our new staff's plans.

Searcy and Easley. 110% agreed.

and i am on board with your take on Spiller and Spikes> but dont be surprised if we cant afford the luxury.

From what i have read we are overstaffed at the linebacking position unless Ryan was really using a 3-4 this year as a base. but i dont think thats what we will see. If they keep Hughes he will line up off the line like he did for Pettine if needed. he can do that.

Lawson might be the guy to go if Hughes stays.

I sure hope Kiko comes back stronger and as mobile as he was. Maybe Bills need some insurance on him with two knees injured already.

Billsnation. not bad at all. You have done your thinking for sure!

Edited by 3rdand12

Don't get the love for Yeldon. He looked like Bama's 3rd best back before Drake got hurt, may be even lower with some of the freshmen on their team.

I don't think Boling and Orlando Franklin are going to cost significantly less than Iupati like some seem to believe. They are all good guards I'm their mid 20s, they'll all get paid.

My top 3 FA targets would be Revis, OG & DeMarco Murray.

I agree we need a TE but there should be a really good one available at 50. I think Julius Thomas is largely a product of Peyton and Cameron is a product of Browns fans overhyping their players. Neither can stay on the field and neither are close to guys like Gronk or Graham.

Revis changes our defense and allows us to put him and Gilmore on islands. I think Rex can find someone to fill Hughes shoes and not do it at a premium. I don't think there's any one player who could impact our D as much as Revis.

I want Demarco. I know people believe there's a plethora of 1,000 yard rushers available late in the draft but any amount of research shows that's largely a myth. Murray would give us an offensive bellcow and we could use Fred-Brown-Dixon in specific roles to spell him.

These are always fun...

Re-sign: Searcy, Spikes, Easley and Hogan

Let walk: Hughes-if he's going to command more than 10 million a year, we can't invest that much on our DL.

CJ Spiller-let him make less some where else

Cut: Chris Williams, Pears and Urbik

Re-work: Mario Williams deal, I am sure there is a way to lower his cap hit without insulting him.

sign: Derek Newton + 8.9 (pff) +13.4 in the running game best among RT.

Mike Iupati +11.2 +18.5 in the run game best among LGs

This would mean our oline would be greatly improved in the run game.

Sign Mark Ingram, had a solid year last year and New Orleans can not give him anything. I think he's on the verge of being Matt Forte

Pernell McPhee 7.5 sacks in a limited role, +26 (pff) replaces Hughes

Draft

2-Maxx Williams or Clive Walford TE

3-Garrett Grayson QB back up

5-Dominique Brown RB

5- Antwan Goodley WR

Et cetera

Edited by frogger