Mike Glennon generating buzz as Bucs trade candidate

HOUSE

I thought for sure AArdvark meant something else?

some biblical story maybe. Something about a boat?

not sure.

i thought he liked them wireless in general.

No land lines for his guy!

ground and pound Baby.

Ahead of the curve!

I think you're confusing it with the Aardvark of the Covenant.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With yet another weak crop of quarterbacks set to hit the market next month, Tampa Bay Buccaneers backup Mike Glennon is generating buzz as a trade target for the second time since general manager Jason Licht and coach Lovie Smith took control of the organization last offseason.

Although Lovie Smith has publicly touted Glennon as the quarterback of the future, his actions suggest otherwise.

The ideal trade partner is one with an unproven quarterback yet to establish himself as the answer, such as the Browns (Johnny Manziel), Bills (EJ Manuel), Titans (Zach Mettenberger) and Jets (Geno Smith).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469567/article/mike-glennon-generating-buzz-as-bucs-trade-candidate

I'd trade EJ for a box of tape......

I think his tights are a bit too tight and it has messed with his thinking.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS. - W. C. Fields

What are you even talking about? I just opened this gem of a thread and your posts have thus far exceeded even my lofty expectations in both the humor and predictability departments.

Bottom line - Did the Bills under EJ win or lose more than Glennon and the Bucs?

I could literally write a senior thesis length paper explaining to you why this question is both preposterous and irrelevant. For starters how many games did troy aikman win in his rookie season? Bottom line, of course. Now, let's look at EJ Manuel's rookie season: played like garbage against Baltimore, they eek out a victory. Plays maybe his best game as a bill against Atlanta and Chandler and Stevie can't hold on to the ball and they lose. Do you see a moral of this story developing here? Wins are not necessarily the "bottom line." The fact that Manuel has had a more functional overall football team to work with the last two years factors into this equation. And also I think you keep forgetting that Thad Lewis won two games in 2013. The irony of your posts is that you are being more condescending about Mike glennon than you claim the EJ detractors to be about EJ. Edited by metzelaars_lives

With yet another weak crop of quarterbacks set to hit the market next month, Tampa Bay Buccaneers backup Mike Glennon is generating buzz as a trade target for the second time since general manager Jason Licht and coach Lovie Smith took control of the organization last offseason.

Although Lovie Smith has publicly touted Glennon as the quarterback of the future, his actions suggest otherwise.

The ideal trade partner is one with an unproven quarterback yet to establish himself as the answer, such as the Browns (Johnny Manziel), Bills (EJ Manuel), Titans (Zach Mettenberger) and Jets (Geno Smith).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469567/article/mike-glennon-generating-buzz-as-bucs-trade-candidate

I think it should be noted that both the article and this thread were started on Feb 9, prior to the Bucs release of Josh McCown on Feb 12.

Now that Glennon is the only NFL- ready QB on the Bucs current roster, it doesn't make sense for them to trade him even if they do plan to draft a QB high.

Injuries, injuries, plus what if the guy isn't really ready to start and needs some time?

What are you even talking about? I just opened this gem of a thread and your posts have thus far exceeded even my lofty expectations in both the humor and predictability departments.

I could literally write a senior thesis length paper explaining to you why this question is both preposterous and irrelevant. For starters how many games did troy aikman win in his rookie season? Bottom line, of course. Now, let's look at EJ Manuel's rookie season: played like garbage against Baltimore, they eek out a victory. Plays maybe his best game as a bill against Atlanta and Chandler and Stevie can't hold on to the ball and they lose. Do you see a moral of this story developing here? Wins are not necessarily the "bottom line." The fact that Manuel has had a more functional overall football team to work with the last two years factors into this equation. And also I think you keep forgetting that Thad Lewis won two games in 2013. The irony of your posts is that you are being more condescending about Mike glennon than you claim the EJ detractors to be about EJ.

The Bucs went 7-9 in 2012 and went 4-12 Glennon's rookie year. The Bills were 6-10 in 2012 and went 6-10 Manuel's rookie year. Manuel was 4-6 as a rookie, including a loss to Cleveland where he was leading a drive to put the Bills ahead and 2 losses where the defense blew the game (NE, ATL). In his disaster season last year, he was 2-2 on basically a .500 Bills team (NE didn't care about week 17).

The Bucs went 7-9 in 2012 and went 4-12 Glennon's rookie year. The Bills were 6-10 in 2012 and went 6-10 Manuel's rookie year. Manuel was 4-6 as a rookie, including a loss to Cleveland where he was leading a drive to put the Bills ahead and 2 losses where the defense blew the game (NE, ATL). In his disaster season last year, he was 2-2 on basically a .500 Bills team (NE didn't care about week 17).

Look I don't want to argue anymore about EJ Manuel. I really don't. I think I speak for all the EJ skeptics when I say that nothing would please me more than for him to emerge as the guy. After the Carolina game in 2013 I thought he was our guy and I was super psyched about it! But he has clearly regressed since then, which is not a good sign. Your homeboy, bills fan 4 life, likes to paint EJ skeptics as some sort of loony conspiracy theorists. All I'm saying is that my gut says it's not happening for him. Are you ready to go on record as saying you do think it's happening for him? My guess is that you'll say that you don't know yet and that the jury is still out. Fine. But what are you going to say when they bring in a veteran who clearly outplays him in camp and the preseason? Because that's exactly what's going to happen. Are you going to advocate for 52 other men to watch this guy bumble his way around while we satisfy your curiosity so we can finally put a nail in the coffin for good? I mean losman looked better in 2006 than Manuel has ever looked but once they thought they had someone better on the roster they played him and didn't worry about anyone's feelings. Edited by metzelaars_lives