Mariotta to the J-E-T-S??

KDIGGZ

First thing is you start boycotting games. Organize a huge group of fans (during the game on Sunday) to give up their seats and go to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen and get some local press to cover it. Leave that stadium half empty in protest. Get a billboard outside the stadium demanding the team get sold. Do something besides sit their and pound chicken wings in the parking lot. Be vocal.

That being said you obviously just changed ownership and coaching. So hopefully you get a taste of postseason life again. With that defense anything is possible, but your coach has only had 2 winning seasons in his career, and hasn't sniffed the post season in 4 years. So, fingers crossed I guess.

This is why we say Jets fans aren't smart b.c they show it. The reason Rex failed in NJ was b.c your Jests owner hires dumb GMs who destroy teams. Edited by Beef Jerky

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about your hostage situation, I know that had you guys walking on egg shells. I can appreciate that. But if the Jets went a decade and a half without making the playoffs I might be signing up for a billboard encouraging them to move to LA.

Easy to say when you'd be better off cheering for the Giants anyways. :lol::thumbsup:

F_____ the Jets.... I'd give them their old coach back if I could.... The stench of failure is still clinging to Rex's flabby body...I'm just hoping we tank the season bad enough to get a shot at Cardale Jones... If not Jones, then perhaps Kevin Hogan (Wacky throwing motion and all.)

This is why we say Jets fans aren't smart b.c they show it. The reason Rex failed in NJ was b.c your Jests owner hires dumb GMs who destroy teams.

Ohhhhhhh. Because I only watched ever game his teams played over 6 seasons and attended practices every year. How could I know more about Ryan than you?

F_____ the Jets.... I'd give them their old coach back if I could.... The stench of failure is still clinging to Rex's flabby body...I'm just hoping we tank the season bad enough to get a shot at Cardale Jones... If not Jones, then perhaps Kevin Hogan (Wacky throwing motion and all.)

You want the Bills to tank for a guy who hasnt even played a whole season in college football?

Brilliant. I wish you were hired as the Bills GM. We'd truly be going places.

Ohhhhhhh. Because I only watched ever game his teams played over 6 seasons and attended practices every year. How could I know more about Ryan than you?

Don't worry I also had to... So no you don't. Like I said Jets fans rarely know the team they root for, funny really.

• 2 weeks later...
interesting. Foles not included? I guess this assumes Mariota is still there at 6 (I have my doubts) and the Jets have some other plan at QB to pass on him.

As long as the Jets don't get Winston I'm ok with it. I think he will be a much more successful Pro than Mariota.

When you look at college QB's i think you have to strip out all their rushing yardage when projecting them in the NFL. These guys get to the NFL and they can't run like they used to or get hammered way too much. Even guys like Kap, RG3, Manziel, etc.. have to learn to be pocket passers in the NFL and they just aren't as good at it as we thought they'd be.

I don't know what's scarier? The Jets getting Mariotta or trading their pick to someone like the Eagles and picking up multiple future 1st round picks as compensation. A trade like that could net them a ton of talent in the next couple of drafts

I sure hope not. He looks good.

Todd McShay has Mariotta going to the Jets at 6 overall. He has Winston going #1 to Tampa. I know this is very early in the process and these first few mock drafts (this is 2.0) should be taken with a grain of salt, but I don't like playmakers ending up on rival AFC East teams. It might take Mariotta some time to become a star in this league but I don't want such a highly touted QB going to the Jets. If the Jets get him I hope at least they have to give up a bunch of picks to do so.

What are your thoughts? Will you be jealous if the Jets are able to get someone like Mariotta?

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2uvidk/todd_mcshays_2015_nfl_mock_draft_20/

I will be very surprised if the Jets are able to get someone like Mariotta.

I had to review the draft order myself, so maybe someone else does too. Here it is (current signed QB in parentheses)

1) Tampa Bay (Glennon, Lobato)

2) Tennessee (Whitehurst, Tanney, Mettenberger)

3) Jacksonville (Bortles, Henne, Morris)

4) Oakland (Carr, McGloin, Schaub)

5) Washington (Cousins, Griffin)

I think if you're the TB or Tenn GM with that roster, and you don't take a QB, your seat gets plenty hot especially if that QB shows any potential somewhere else.

It is possible that Jacksonville and Oakland hold with Bortles and Carr, though by TBDian logic they didn't light the world on fire last year (especially Bortles with those 17 INTs) so their respective teams should pull another fish out of the pond this year. So if Mariota or Winston go past Tampa and Tenn, a trade up with Jacksonville or Oakland looks possible. I hope they hold the Jets feet to the fire if they try it.

I don't know why McShay has an audience though. Isn't he the one who touted Clausen as the best QB in his draft and likewise ranked Gabbert higher than Cam Newton?

I don't think he's shown himself to be a very accurate predictor, either of talent or of how NFL teams view talent.

Edited by Hopeful

2-5 have young QB's they are invested in. I think it's the most likely scenario that Mariotta falls to 6. The question is does a team try and trade up to get him if he falls out of the top 5? Rumor has it that Philly is ready to give up 4 picks to move up to get him. Probably 1st this year and next year and maybe even the 1st the year after that plus another high pick

2-5 have young QB's they are invested in. I think it's the most likely scenario that Mariotta falls to 6. The question is does a team try and trade up to get him if he falls out of the top 5? Rumor has it that Philly is ready to give up 4 picks to move up to get him. Probably 1st this year and next year and maybe even the 1st the year after that plus another high pick

Who is the young QB Tennessee is invested in? Puzzled?