Rex Ryan wants best defense EVER!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been cool if Ryan said we were going to have the number one offense

when asked which defensive players on the Bills he was most excited about, he started talking about improving the OL. I believe he takes the defense for granted and is focused making the offense a winner. I do not think this will realistically include the offense being #1 due to the QB situation, so if he said that it would sound quite silly. He certainly can say comfortably that he intends to field a top D. The pieces are already there and can even be upgraded. A top QB is elusive in 2015. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Pats would trade him to anyone in the AFC East. They don't fear the bills, jets, or dolphins.

This.

And not only that, but it would be perfect smack for BB to say, in effect, "I can beat you with my team, or we can trade teams and I'll beat my team with yours." I dont think BB is trippin on any one player (not named Brady)

Getting Revis means we lose Hughes. We already have a solid secondary unit, so I don't see how he's worth it, when we could use the money for Lupati on the O-Line, Julius Thomas for a TE, and so on. Spend on offense, and resign Hughes.

Doesn't that make sense. If we can't get Foles, then we have to find one in the draft.

I see your Hughes and raise u a Greg Hardy for half the price on a 1 yr prove it deal for 5 mil. Now with that 5 mil savings and trading McKelvin for a pk in the draft we save another 5 mil that frees up 10mil for Revis. Add a couple more million make it bout 13 a yr for Revis and our D just got substantially better. Including that 3rd Rd pk for Mck. We can use that pk on a guard, Rb or a Te.

Greg Hardy can definitely be had and is not gonna sign a long term deal. He'd probably cherry pk our D to play with so he can be freed up for one on one's all day. IDk bout u but Hardy looked like one of the best DE's in the league in 2013 he's an upgrade over Hughes any day. He's complete package run stuffer and a havoc in pass rush.

Essentially we just traded Hughes & McKelvin for Hardy,Revis & a 3rd round pk. Yea we had to pay a little more to get it done but how much better did we just get if we were able to pull this off. Who wouldn't sign on for this scenario? Plus we still have money to fix the offense.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I like Revis and all but part of me hopes NE* breaks the bank to sign him, thus taking themselves out of the running for a big time WR.

then they have to factor in the salaries of Gronk, Blount

then work on the better of these

Unrestricted:

Danny Aiken, LS, Akeem Ayers, DE/LB, Alan Branch, DT, Jonathan Casillas, LB, Patrick Chung, S, Dan Connolly, G, Stephen Gostkowski, K, Steve Maneri, TE

Devin McCourty, S, Stevan Ridley, RB, Shane Vereen, RB, Chris White, LB

Restricted:

Brandon Bolden, RB

If he wants best Defence ever . they need to sign Revis And Huston to big deals and have Hardy on a one year prove it deal. With Revis and Gilmore taking opponents top 2 wrs 1 on 1. We could have 3 guys with 15+ sacks. Maybe 4 with Dareus.

Then draft a rb,a te,and a guard. if we could get to 17-20 ppg on offence we win 12 games easy, with that D

Trading for Revis, the return of Kiko and the defense mind Ryan could be the ingredients for the best defense ever. Better than the 85 Bears, better than the Ravens, the Best. How cool would that be? Ryan wants a Patriot killer defense. Thats see.

No need to trade he's FA, I believe...

Plus he's a lot of money. Defense wins championships, but offense wins games.

then they have to factor in the salaries of Gronk, Blount

then work on the better of these

Unrestricted:

Danny Aiken, LS, Akeem Ayers, DE/LB, Alan Branch, DT, Jonathan Casillas, LB, Patrick Chung, S, Dan Connolly, G, Stephen Gostkowski, K, Steve Maneri, TE

Devin McCourty, S, Stevan Ridley, RB, Shane Vereen, RB, Chris White, LB

Restricted:

Brandon Bolden, RB

chung would be an intresting option for us, or mccourty...

Does revis also play QB? Because if so, give him all the money he wants...

Rex most always guaranteed playoffs or critical wins.

In the Bills news conference Rex ONLY guaranteed he would do his best to get the Bills to the playoffs

“It’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs. Well get ready, we’re going,” sounds like more than promising to do his best to me.

I know that if you hire Rex it is a package deal with his mouth. And for firing up fans and selling tickets etc. his mouth is a plus. But the promises I believe are a big mistake given what happened on the Jets.

“It’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs. Well get ready, we’re going,” sounds like more than promising to do his best to me.

I know that if you hire Rex it is a package deal with his mouth. And for firing up fans and selling tickets etc. his mouth is a plus. But the promises I believe are a big mistake given what happened on the Jets.

Considering how close they came this year, I don't think he's going that far out on a limb.