golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

That's a bingo!! Not to mention the beating the human body endures when you're banging hundreds of filthy scumbag whores.

** and getting wacked by a 9 iron by, now, ex-wife that Thanksgiving weekend.**

Tiger was player of year....now he has to work like heck to be Comeback player of year.

Amazing how quickly the body falls apart at 40 when you take PEDs in your 20s and 30s.

A well placed golf club to the head by an irate missus might slow up mental acuity just a bit.

That's when the very sudden decline happened.

Not to mention the beating the human body endures when you're banging hundreds of filthy scumbag whores.

Tiger probably does need to boil himself.

yes. the 82 coupled with this http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/27/tiger-woods-on-missing-tooth-there-was-blood-everywhere/ are not compatible with winning majors. it seems he needs to go back to his old skirt chasing ways to regain his prowess.

still, he was something to behold in his prime. the pga from valhalla in 2000, where bob may and he lapped the field by 5 strokes and then tiger barely beat the red hot everyman in a playoff is one of my favorite pga memories. some friend of mine were close enough to hear him say to his caddie "i'm gonna need to use the cart path on this" and his chip did exactly that setting up an important tap in. requires supreme confidence that i doubt he can muster any more.

One of the most dominant athletes ever. Sadly, I think he's regressed and not just because he's getting older. I never understood a lot of his 'soul searching' on the golf course. Guy wins a boatload of Grand slams and then radically overhauls his swing....fires multiple coaches etc. All this to 'try and get better.' He was living in the 'zone' and should have worked extremely hard to stay there. Instead, he ripped his swing down and changed it....twice.

All the other stuff (women) and alleged stuff (PED's) are potential contributors. Injuries too....though he still seems a 'cut' above the majority of golfers in terms of his physical shape. I recently heard him commenting on how his swing speed is 'way up' again. This, to me, is evidence that he is ok physically.

He just seems to (dare I say) crumble early and often in tournaments now. Part of this is because he was so ridiculously good that the bar is 'too high.' As a poster said above, he was PGA tour player of the year two years ago. That said....it's been an eternity (based on Tiger's own criteria) since he's won a major.

How about the players coming up are phenomenal...the equipment is crazy.

I was a 20 handicapp until i upgraded my equipment a few years ago. now

I am a 14...Its crazy

I had the same experience but even more dramatic. I had 15 year-old Titleist DCI golds. My 5 iron snapped at the hosel, so my next round the pro at the club where I worked (as a bartender) let me borrow a demo Nike Covert. I didn't need to use it until the 18th. I smoked it 35 yards over the green. He sold me the set at cost. He ended up hiring me in the pro shop until the course was sold.

Took a while but I'm a 15 now. I've been as low as a 12.

As far as Tiger goes, I don't know. Those chipping yips are awful. I had a deceleration problem for a long time until someone gave me an impromptu lesson & said the magic words, "Hit it like you're striking a match." Best golf advice I've ever got. Eldridge may never be the same.

I went to 2 rounds of the ladies in Ocala this week. They play a completely different game. Great tempo swings & very deliberate approaches - I thought they played very slow. Michelle Wei is really tall... saw her get a quick lesson from David Ledbetter. Cheyenne Woods can BOMB it. Lydia Ko marches the course like a little kid (she's my new favorite). I'm going to watch more womens' golf. Also, I have to get myself on this course. They have a few replica holes like 12 & 13 at Augusta & 17 at St. Andrew's.

I had the same experience but even more dramatic. I had 15 year-old Titleist DCI golds. My 5 iron snapped at the hosel, so my next round the pro at the club where I worked (as a bartender) let me borrow a demo Nike Covert. I didn't need to use it until the 18th. I smoked it 35 yards over the green. He sold me the set at cost. He ended up hiring me in the pro shop until the course was sold.

Took a while but I'm a 15 now. I've been as low as a 12.

As far as Tiger goes, I don't know. Those chipping yips are awful. I had a deceleration problem for a long time until someone gave me an impromptu lesson & said the magic words, "Hit it like you're striking a match." Best golf advice I've ever got. Eldridge may never be the same.

I went to 2 rounds of the ladies in Ocala this week. They play a completely different game. Great tempo swings & very deliberate approaches - I thought they played very slow. Michelle Wei is really tall... saw her get a quick lesson from David Ledbetter. Cheyenne Woods can BOMB it. Lydia Ko marches the course like a little kid (she's my new favorite). I'm going to watch more womens' golf. Also, I have to get myself on this course. They have a few replica holes like 12 & 13 at Augusta & 17 at St. Andrew's.

re: chipping yips. Is this really awful and the biggest threat to his career yet, or are we just too focused on him and most pros go thru rough spots like this? When I saw the vids from friday my initial thought was the former, but I think there are more informed / active golfers like yourself. I don't recall other top guys looking like a 25 handicap like that. But I don't play or watch much. It was just all too familiar to the hacks I go out with (myself included) a few times a year Edited by JTSP

One of the most dominant athletes ever. Sadly, I think he's regressed and not just because he's getting older. I never understood a lot of his 'soul searching' on the golf course. Guy wins a boatload of Grand slams and then radically overhauls his swing....fires multiple coaches etc. All this to 'try and get better.' He was living in the 'zone' and should have worked extremely hard to stay there. Instead, he ripped his swing down and changed it....twice.

All the other stuff (women) and alleged stuff (PED's) are potential contributors. Injuries too....though he still seems a 'cut' above the majority of golfers in terms of his physical shape. I recently heard him commenting on how his swing speed is 'way up' again. This, to me, is evidence that he is ok physically.

He just seems to (dare I say) crumble early and often in tournaments now. Part of this is because he was so ridiculously good that the bar is 'too high.' As a poster said above, he was PGA tour player of the year two years ago. That said....it's been an eternity (based on Tiger's own criteria) since he's won a major.

This is exactly it! The swing changes were sooooo stupid!

the top 10 in pga sand saves this year are all over 70%. the top player is at 90%. there's no measured stat for up and downs inside 20 yards that i'm aware of but i'll bet it's better than for sand saves. you can't make it on the tour "yipping" chips with any regularity (especially if you mean by yipping, blading or chili dipping). as they advertise, these guys are good. and as you said, they play a different game from the rest of us. when you hit it 325, you damn well better be very, very good with all your wedges. you shouldn't even be considering deceleration on impact as a possibility. (btw, i'm fought that last season and may opt for a lofted putter head "chipper" this year if i can withstand my friends teasing- they'll stop if i take their money with it). as others have said this problem is most likely in his head. he knows the mechanics probably as well as anyone.. he has the muscle memory. i think that makes it even harder to fix.

the top 10 in pga sand saves this year are all over 70%. the top player is at 90%. there's no measured stat for up and downs inside 20 yards that i'm aware of but i'll bet it's better than for sand saves. you can't make it on the tour "yipping" chips with any regularity (especially if you mean by yipping, blading or chili dipping). as they advertise, these guys are good...

When I was really struggling with my short game, I reached out to a friend that was a former teaching pro. He gave me a couple of drills that really helped. The thing he told me that really made an impact: "I hate to practice, hate it. But I hate more to play poorly. So I practice. And I practice chipping & putting 80% of the time. That way, even if I'm hitting it like dogsh*t, I know I can still make par."

He got me on PGA National 20 years ago. Good guy.