golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

5 hours ago, bbb said:

Same here.  I just don't care about the Ryder Cup, no matter how much hype it gets. 

I keep an eye on the other events but I will only invest 10 hours of a weekend watching into a major

Mea culpa -- I was wrong about Tiger.  it's unbelievable what he has done.  I'll never doubt the guy again.  I don't know that he will dominate the PGA Tour again, but he has firmly established that he will be in the conversation every week.  What a remarkable comeback.

And to those golf fans who say they don't care about the Ryder Cup?   SHAME!

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Mea culpa -- I was wrong about Tiger.  it's unbelievable what he has done.  I'll never doubt the guy again.  I don't know that he will dominate the PGA Tour again, but he has firmly established that he will be in the conversation every week.  What a remarkable comeback.

And to those golf fans who say they don't care about the Ryder Cup?   SHAME!

This Canadian isn’t into the hyper-driven jigoism at the Ryder Cup.

4 hours ago, eball said:

...and, the Americans are soiling themselves in Europe again.  Now down 8-4 after morning session.  Ridiculous.

What a **** show.

They have about as much chance of going 8-4 tomorrow as the Bills do of making the playoffs.

A 10-6 lead heading into Sunday may sound like an advantage, but the wounds to both squads are too fresh to assume this thing is over.

SAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES, France – The present was pure pandemonium, but Henrik Stenson’s mind still flashed to the past.

He’d just been swallowed in a bear hug by Justin Rose after he holed back-to-back pressure putts to win their foursomes match. He’d heard the giddy fans in the grandstand stomping their feet and singing, “Gooooooneeeee be the U-S-A!” But moments after securing a pivotal point for the home team, Stenson stopped for a moment to glance at the massive video board, which showed the updated score heading into the final day of the 42nd Ryder Cup:
Europe, 10-6.

“We knew how much was on the line to keep that distance,” Stenson said afterward, still buzzing from his clutch finish. “We’ve seen the scenarios play out over the years.”

Indeed, after what happened at Brookline and Medinah, there’s no Ryder Cup lead as unsettling as 10-6. 

U.S. captain Jim Furyk knows that better than most – he was on both of those American teams, experiencing both ecstasy and devastation.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A little post Ryder Cup tension.

The US tries to recreate the wheel every two years;  there's no consistency, and usually there's no apparent plan for how they intend to win the event.  

Meanwhile the Euros could probably tell you their the starting lineup for '20 right now.

• 1 month later...