golf fans -- is Tiger Woods done?

truth on hold

On 7/6/2018 at 8:57 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Report: Tiger, Phil planning match for $10 million

Two months ago at the Players Championship, where Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson were paired together for the first two rounds, Mickelson suggested he and his rival-turned-friend Woods skip the tournament stuff and play a "high-stakes, winner-take-all match."

It would appear that the two players are ready to put their money where their mouths are, as a report from Golf.com's Alan Shipnuck suggests the two legends are planning a head-to-head match for $10 million.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, KD in CA said:

Great idea.....but about ten years late.

Nah, this is must-see TV.  I'd love it.

I'd be interested in seeing Phil actually think out there and try to win something without goofing around.  Cost him a US Open, fortunately VandeVelt (SP??) was far more shameful a toss-away of a major.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I'd be interested in seeing Phil actually think out there and try to win something without goofing around.  Cost him a US Open, fortunately VandeVelt (SP??) was far more shameful a toss-away of a major.

VdV was the worst choke job in history.

37 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

VdV was the worst choke job in history.

Phil's at the US Open was a distant second.

Rich country club golfing partners at the firm sat in the boardroom in silence at the stupidity of Phil for half an hour to begin the Monday morn meeting.

49 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Phil's at the US Open was a distant second.

Rich country club golfing partners at the firm sat in the boardroom in silence at the stupidity of Phil for half an hour to begin the Monday morn meeting.

Phil had no excuse, he’d been in that situation many times.  But, after the tee shot there was nothing he could do.

VdV made horrible decision after horrible decision for twenty minutes.  Watching that was painful.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Phil had no excuse, he’d been in that situation many times.  But, after the tee shot there was nothing he could do.

VdV made horrible decision after horrible decision for twenty minutes.  Watching that was painful.

he's got a goofy side to him, showed it at the last US Open in full

that's who he is

VdV was far more entertaining, hastily removing your socks is never a good move on a golf course

TT postscript: Not a win, but an amazing week | Golf Channel

CARNOUSTIE, Scotland – Here are a few things I think I think after Tiger Woods had a chance to win his 15th major Sunday at The Open at Carnousite:

Tiger shot 71-71-66-71 to finish at 5 under par and tie for sixth place.

Tiger moved to 50th in the Official World Golf Ranking, which qualifies him for the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, which he has won eight times.